Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17270 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Differences between - Comic, movie, animated Spider-Man

Icydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Icydog

What are some of the main differences between the Peter Parker as a person in the:

Amazing Spider-Man Reboot

Raimis Spider-Man movies

Comic Book Spider-Man (616/Ultimate)

Animated Spider-Man (Spectacular Spider-Man/Ultimate Spider-Man)

I personally think the animated, comic book and spidey reboot all are quite different to Tobeys. Tobey was more awkward and quiet rather than all the other ones which have a sense of humor. Tobey was also a different nerd. He was smart but was more of a loner whereas every other Spider-Man isn't socially inept.

Amazing Spider-Man reboot seems to be pretty much exactly like the Peter from the comics, and so does Spectacular.

Not sure about Ultimate animated series, we will have to see when we actually have proper info.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By darthfury78

The Comic character had progressed beyond his high school roots. The animated series and the movies has him as a coming of age person. Thus, the media(outside of the comic book) likes to keep Peter Parker at the high school level. It's a never ending cycle which get really boring. The Ultimate Spider-Man had him stuck as a 15 year kid for over a decade before he was killed off. At least with the Amazing Spider-Man, Stan Lee wanted Peter to grow up whereas Steve Ditko wanted him to remain in High School. If Mr. Ditko had had his way, Peter Parker would be getting his undergraduate degree by now.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Icydog: original spider-man, he grew up and headed out, saw alot of turmoil and death and all that. he's been hardened by life as much or more so as the next man. ultimate spider-man, while he had a rough teenage life, didn't really suffer all too much, until his death of course. the Ultimate spider-man was naive and reflexive, never really doing anything past his abilities, and suffered for it. that and ultimate was of course based on a new generation, which for some reason equaled spazzing out all the time instead of handling the situation.

raimis spider-man, was just their way of trying to honor the character but go a different way, so as not to tell a story already seen a thousand times by the fanboys. this led to some choices that were liked and others that werent. Mcguire wasnt someone i would have gone with, but at the time i suppose he was the best choice. and the same problem with ultimate spider-man is noticed in the films, being that spidey didn't lose anybody other than his uncle, which while traumatic isn't something that can break a man entirely, leaving him to have to build himself back up. in the movies gwen stacy didnt die, let alone get her neck snapped because of a sloppy web shot, so pete was overall still an optomist in the movies, and still a kid in many ways.

can't speak for the spectacular spider-man, only saw one and didnt like how they mashed both ultimate spider-man and classic spider-man into one

ultimate spider-man show seems to hit the ultimate universe right on the nose, and is a great version of it. its better in alot of ways than amazing spider-man to me, because it acts like it knows it a cartoon, installing saturday morning comedy into it, which I like, it doesnt have cheesy jokes, but it isnt high tension, theres a good balance of levity that just makes it work for me, its so early on though I can say wether this show will have the shock and trauma factor of classic spider-man but I'd give it at least a thumbs up for creativity

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.