Follow

Rukia Kuchiki

Character » Rukia Kuchiki appears in 264 issues.

Rukia is more human than she realizes and goes through the adventure of several lifetimes when she meets Ichigo and his friends. Her mentor was Kaien Shiba and her zanpakuto is called Sode no Shirayuki.

Rukia's behavior change question.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeepeh

Usually when Rukia notices Ichigo is upset she yells at him and gives him a pep talk

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

But in Chapter 515, She acted much more calmly and understandingly towards Ichigo when she thought something was wrong,

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Now you could say that she was injured, but she still would've yelled at him or given him an angry look.

I also noticed that she did the same thing when Orihime was kidnapped. When she looked back through the gate and said "Ichigo...." and Renji made her keep walking. (Can't find the scan.)

And when Ichigo was stabbed in the arm by Grimmjow and Ichigo was obviously upset but again she didn't do her usual thing and showed natural concern instead. (Can't find the scan.)

So, why does her reaction change when the situations are the same?

1. Is she really like that normally and she forgets to act angry?
    2. Is she becoming closer to Ichigo so she doesn't yell at him as much?
    3. Is it a plot hole?
    4. Other

I'm kind of inclined to believe #1. She was very nice in all the flashbacks. In fact we never see her yell at all except in present day. Unless there's another reason for this.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeepeh
    ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeepeh

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 Opinions!!!

Perhaps she is falling in love with him....

But it happens at different points. She doesn't act super nice to him all the time now, two of the mentioned instances was before the Fullbring arc, where she kicked him in the face and yelled at him for crying, (maybe she just pretends to be angry, because she can't really blame him for being upset, she was about to cry in jail).

Maybe the nice moments are her liking him, but she hasn't totally fallen in love yet, or she forces herself to act angry to help him, when on the inside she doesn't want to be yelling at him. (Aside from always hitting him when he makes fun of her drawings or her bunny obsession, but that's a joke slap not kicking him in the face.)

I just find it odd how she acts totally different in the exact same situations. It's like she has a split personality of Yuzu and Karin. :P But she only acts like Karin part to Ichigo and Renji, and Orihime once.

I hate posting in character forums, they never get any attention. xD

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

But it happens at different points. She doesn't act super nice to him all the time now, two of the mentioned instances was before the Fullbring arc, where she kicked him in the face and yelled at him for crying, (maybe she just pretends to be angry, because she can't really blame him for being upset, she was about to cry in jail).

Maybe the nice moments are her liking him, but she hasn't totally fallen in love yet, or she forces herself to act angry to help him, when on the inside she doesn't want to be yelling at him. (Aside from always hitting him when he makes fun of her drawings or her bunny obsession, but that's a joke slap not kicking him in the face.)

I just find it odd how she acts totally different in the exact same situations. It's like she has a split personality of Yuzu and Karin. :P But she only acts like Karin part to Ichigo and Renji, and Orihime once.

Wait, wait...when the hell did Rukia go to Jail???? 0.0'

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

The second season when she was going to be executed. lol.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

Oh the Soul Society arc? I feel so silly now! I forgot that! xD I thought it was something new that I haven't read yet like she did drugs or shit and got arrested by the cops lmao

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

Oh the Soul Society arc? I feel so silly now! I forgot that! xD I thought it was something new that I haven't read yet like she did drugs or shit and got arrested by the cops lmao

Can souls even take drugs? And she could've just walked through the wall and get out. :P

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

Can souls even take drugs? And she could've just walked through the wall and get out. :P

Her 'Soul Candy' could be mistaken for Narcotics. xD

Plus it certainly explains her personality ;)

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

Oh dear. xD Can normal people even see the Soul Candy?

And she doesn't act high. :P

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

I don't see why not. If her Gigai can interact with it and eat it.

ROFL Sure she doesn't ;)

Have you seen how she acts when she eats that candy xD

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeepeh

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

ROFL Sure she doesn't ;)

That's not her though, that's Chappy. :D

And Ichigo can interact with his badge but no-one can see it. ^_^

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

ROFL Sure she doesn't ;)

That's not what the cop's will think though ;)

The badge is unique, it was clearly stated to be invisible to normal humans. The Soul Candy was not.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jeepeh said:

ROFL Sure she doesn't ;)

That's not what the cop's will think though ;)

The badge is unique, it was clearly stated to be invisible to normal humans. The Soul Candy was not.

Both were made by Soul Society. :P They probably never mentioned it because no normal human should be around when it's in view.

The chappy thing.... yeah.....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.