Follow

New Gods

Team » New Gods appears in 728 issues.

Created by Jack Kirby, The New Gods are ruled by the wise and benevolent High Father on the planet of New Genesis, while minions exist only to serve the dictator Darkseid on the twin planet of Apokolips.

Best place to read about the New Gods

pommy223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They have been one of the most interesting group in the entire DC Universe but I don't know too much about them. I was wondering a good place/order to read about the Fourth World for Story Arcs and Mythos?
    Also any current ongoing series?

JakeFuryV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@pommy223: Darkseid is in the current Wonder Woman arc. Orion & Lightray were recently in Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps. Mr. Miracle has a current miniseries written by Tom King.

If you want to go with some classic stories I'd suggest collecting the Fourth World Omnibus volumes.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By infantfinite128

I recently read the Mr. Miracle by Jack Kirby trade on Hoopladigital.com. If you have a library card, I'd say check it out, or buy it for $5 on Comixology while it's on sale (actually, it would be a good time to look into all the New Gods books since it has so many trades on sale for $5 until January 4th) or buy it from Amazon. I really enjoyed it.

https://www.hoopladigital.com/search?page=1&q=jack+kirby&scope=Everything

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_16?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jack+kirby+mister+miracle&sprefix=jack+kirby+miste%2Caps%2C170&crid=2GQLVS4S7BWM9

That really just focuses on Mister Miracle and Barda though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.