Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Should Miles Morales Join the Young Avengers?

Avatar image for thesonofneptune101
    thesonofneptune101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

If The Ultimate Universe does indeed end and Miles goes to Earth 616 do you think he should Join the Young Avengers as their Spider-Man Guy? It all seems to add up he's dating Ultimate Kate Bishop right now anyway... so he would probably want to join the team to get to know the Earth 616 Kate. Plus their all around his age.

So Tell me what you think Viners!

Also if you guys don't mind, follow me!

No Caption Provided
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TDK_1997

I would love him to be part of the team.

thesonofneptune101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I know right that would be awesome and it would totally make sense.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I highly doubt Miles will ever end up on Earth-616, at least not permanently. So the chances of him joining the Young Avengers is slim, though they could always create an Ultimate version of the Young Avengers that he could join, maybe a "Young Ultimates" or something?

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetH tHinks it is a great idea. Probably won't Happen but great idea none tHe less.

-Soulless-

thesonofneptune101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Did you not hear about The Ultimate Universe ending ? There's a very good chance Miles could end up living on Earth 616.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/15/all-ultimate-titles-cancelled-in-november-and-replaced-with-cataclysm/

*The Second Solicit on this paged I've link clearly states Miles will be going to The Marvel Universe. Check it Out.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/16/hero-worship-miles-morales-should-be-the-spider-man

*Theories you might wanna check out.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh...it's things like this that make me believe that Marvel is actually planning on rebooting their universe. I mean seriously, I like Miles and him becoming the Spider-Man of the Ultimate Universe, but bringing him to the mainstream Marvel Universe...it just feels forced.

I also highly doubt that Marvel would make Miles the definite Spider-Man. Miles is a great Spider-Man, but he's no Peter Parker.

thesonofneptune101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I agree, if they do keep plan to keep him in Earth 616 permanently he should have to change his name. After The Superior Spider-Man arc I want Peter back , so they better plan on making Miles his sidekick or something. Though I don't really know if that would happen considering Alpha is Spidey's sidekick or was.....

Your right Maybe it is a little forced. But Maybe their getting rid of the current Ultimate Universe so they can Reboot it! And Bring Back Ultimate Peter who I really miss.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I agree, if they do keep plan to keep him in Earth 616 permanently he should have to change his name. After The Superior Spider-Man arc I want Peter back , so they better plan on making Miles his sidekick or something. Though I don't really know if that would happen considering Alpha is Spidey's sidekick or was.....

Your right Maybe it is a little forced. But Maybe their getting rid of the current Ultimate Universe so they can Reboot it! And Bring Back Ultimate Peter who I really miss.

Spider-Man doesn't need a sidekick though, they tried that with Alpha and people didn't really dig it. So I don't see that working out.

They've already rebooted once, with Ultimatum, if it's not doing so hot that they need to reboot it again, it would probably be best for them to just end the Ultimate U and leave it. I also don't see the point in bringing back Ultimate Peter, it would make Miles pointless.

Again, I like Miles, but this whole thing just sounds like it'll end horribly.

thesonofneptune101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesonofneptune101 said:

Spider-Man doesn't need a sidekick though, they tried that with Alpha and people didn't really dig it. So I don't see that working out.

They've already rebooted once, with Ultimatum, if it's not doing so hot that they need to reboot it again, it would probably be best for them to just end the Ultimate U and leave it. I also don't see the point in bringing back Ultimate Peter, it would make Miles pointless.

Again, I like Miles, but this whole thing just sounds like it'll end horribly.

We just have to wait and read it. If Miles wasn't in the rebooted Ultimate Universe it wouldn't make him pointless. Ultimatum was a reboot but by reboot I mean like New 52 for DC reboot. Maybe bringing back Ultimate Peter is pointless but hey! He was a great character. So Maybe it'll end horribly or maybe things might work their selves out. You never know.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he's too good of a character for that horrible book

thesonofneptune101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: Not the current Young Avengers I hate it . I meant the previous team with Patriot in it. That series was great.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@grenadeflow: Not the current Young Avengers I hate it . I meant the previous team with Patriot in it. That series was great.

That I agree with

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Captain13

No, Kieron Gillen is overrated and the book is not great right now. I'd prefer if he were Monica Rambeau's ex on the Avengers or if he were an X-Man. But I like him most solo.

And he's already an Ultimate.

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Magmaster12

I'd like to see it just so they can copy the premise of the Ultimate Spiderman Cartoon correctly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
    deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he is coming to 616 permanently then I'd like to see him and Ultimate Jessica (hopefully she survives) remain as a duo and have their own series. I don't know if they'd change their superhero identities, but they don't have to; two Spider-Men and Spider-Women wearing different costumes could co-exist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
    deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually now that I think of it, why not have Miles, Jessica, Cloak & Dagger, and Bombshell join the Young Avengers? Or maybe just remain their own group. I really hope those five stay together somehow after Cataclysm.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@geekbait said:

Actually now that I think of it, why not have Miles, Jessica, Cloak & Dagger, and Bombshell join the Young Avengers? Or maybe just remain their own group. I really hope those five stay together somehow after Cataclysm.

That's a great team

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@geekbait said:

That's a great team

yea, I love them as a team and I'll be pissed if it all ends just as they get together

valtiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Young Avengers is terrible--No.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.