Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

New to Marvel Comics...

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krissyjump

Hello! :) I'm new to Marvel but I'm a big reader of DC. I am interested in getting a start on Marvel, looking to read the big names as well as some smaller ones. Which currently running series are the best at the moment? Where would be a good place to jump in to them? Also looking to check out some of the best past arcs :)

I'm planning on reading Joss Whedon's run with Astonishing X-Men since I'm a huge fan of his work. I also have and have read the old Secret Wars Comics, both Secret Wars and Secret Wars II although it was a little while ago since I last read them. I still remember Spidey getting the Black suit when I first read it when I was little. Although I haven't read much of Marvel I am fairly knowledgeable about the bigger characters.

If you have any questions please let me know, and thank you for the helps :D

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would recommend Astonishing X-men for you it is great especially if you are joss Whedon fan. I also recommend Amazing Spider-man. It is a great series and if you are new reader I would start with Spider-Island. That is a great place to start

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Meteorite
    Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Krissyjump

Alright, thank you both for the help so far. :)

If anyone has anymore that would be great :D ^.^ <3

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Meteorite

@Krissyjump: I also enjoyed Moon Knight: Countdown to Dark, Iron Man: Iron Monger, Nova (the entire series that is, it was fantastic- but you'd have to do a bit of research into the characters), and New Warriors Classic.

Marvel's Essentials line reprints their really old 60's and 70's stories (mostly), and I found it to be a really good way to ease myself into the Marvel Universe when I first started reading comics. Some of the stories might feel a bit dated, though.

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Krissyjump

Thanks :D A friendly bump for any more help that may come :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Krissyjump said:

Thanks :D A friendly bump for any more help that may come :)

Wolverine and the x-men and Uncanny X-force.

You might want to check out an old awesome issue X-Men Worlds Apart #1-4

TurianAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TurianAgent

If you're a Daredevil fan, you should check out the new series right now. It's only 9 issues in too. Also, Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Force, Venom and Journey into Mystery are sweet as well.

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Krissyjump

So I just finished Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men and I have to say it was absolutely fantastic. I won't go into details because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read it and happens to read this, but it was amazing. I even shed a few tears at the end. :)

boomstick521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By boomstick521

Daredevil is one of the best series Marvel has. You can get a lot of trades from Vol 3 cheap and Bendis' run on it was some of the best Marvel has ever produced.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.