Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel unlimited downloads???

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

I saw this on facebook for unlimited Marvel downloads for 9.99

Is this legit? If so, has anyone bought this promo? If so, how is it?

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

$9.99 a month ? I have not heard about it. You have a link bro ?

Joey_Crikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have actually used this app for a month on Android and the web based version on windows 7. In a nutshell I found it to be really bad. While it is fairly easy to find the comics you are after, it is an absolute pain if you add too many to your list as it has very buggy or non existing sorting criteria. So I would like to have a 100 odd comics I add to my Unlimited list but there is no way to sort it which is apparently completely random, so good luck trying to find anything if you have lots of comics. Further the android app only allow you to download up 12 comics for offline viewing. But then that is also flakey as hell. On top of the that god forbid if you want to read a comic in landscape mode as it insists on forcing you to view it in double page mode. So you have to have two comic pages you have to look at but you can zoom in on one page on one half of the screen. Utterly idiotic on a phone of course even annoying on my Galaxy 10.5 so you are forced to always read the things in portrait mode. Who at Marvel programs this stuff? They should be shot haha.

And then of course the web version often did not load comics for me at all in Windows 7, no matter how many browsers I tried (Firefox, IE, Opera all had this issue). But to be fair after multiple attempts it wouild finally always load, but 10 mins later one gets severely irritated. And naturally the Android version often crashes, and at one point forcing me to clear the cache and data so had to download all thise comics again. And then with all these issues I ran out of data on my smartphone which was irritating as hell. All in all it is one very very bad experience. At least this is how I felt about it.

So I ended up sending a email to Marvel complaining of these issues and they refunded my money for the month but allowed me to continue using the service for that month so hard to complain really :)

Also on the upside there ARE a lot of comics you can read.

However it is very annoying when you want to read a series, such as spider man or ff and find there are missing comics, or no or missing annuals.

In a nutshell LOTS of content but the app is atrocious, with the web experience just as bad imo. This was a few months ago for me but I have not been able to find any info on any significant fixes for any of these issues. If there are I would like to know as I would in fact sign up again if the app were not so HORRIBLE!

Hope that helps :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.