Follow

Mark Waid

Person » Mark Waid is credited in 2436 issues.

Mark Waid is an American writer, considered to be one of the most influential writers of the 1990s. His expansive works includes The Flash, JLA, and Kingdom Come for DC and Captain America for Marvel. He is currently writing Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Shazam, and Superman: The Last Days of Lex Luthor for DC.

Mark Waid's IRREDEEMABLE Now Available On iPhone

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You may have heard us talk about Mark Waid's IRREDEEMABLE.  If you haven't read it, you really should.  Now if you have an iPhone, you have a chance to check out the first four issues.  Boom! Studios and Comixology have announced that the multiple sell-out book will be available starting today.  Using Comixology's Comics App , you can download the issues for $1.99 each.

"In superhero comics, pretty much everyone who's called upon to put on a cape is, at heart, emotionally equipped for the job. I reject that premise," said series writer and BOOM! Studios Editor-in-Chief Mark Waid. "IRREDEEMABLE is, in a way, my third and most complex chapter on the cost of superheroics - a pulp adventure tale of horror exploring how the lessons we learn about right and wrong as children can become warped and twisted when challenged by the realities of the adult world."

IRREDEEMABLE #1 sold out on the day it was released.  Issue #2 sold out through Diamond before it was even released.  That was followed by a second printing which also sold out.  In August, Boom! Studios released the IRREDEEMABLE Volume 1 TPB collecting the first four issues for $9.99 along with issue #5 at .99 cents.  Check out what everyone's saying:

"One of the most intriguing, suspenseful, grab-you-by-the-throat comics I've ever read. I highly recommend picking it up." - Ain't It Cool News

"Mark Waid has served up a powerful little story of love and betrayal "IRREDEEMABLE" may be the last thing you want to call this series." - Newsarama

"The visuals present are nearly tangible. Krause has brought his best work to this book, and Waid makes good use of Krause's talents. Yes, Mark Waid is evil. It makes me a little bit uneasy to say that I hope he continues to be evil, because I sure enjoyed reading it." - Comic Book Resources

"Not just another dismantling of the mythology, IRREDEEMABLE is a masterful tale of the fall of a great heroes" - Project Fanboy

"There really is a tremendous piece of fiction being unveiled here, with precision and fury." - Comic Book Jesus

"This book wants me to just spout out superlatives like fantastic, great, page turner, stunning visuals, wonderful characterization, not a page or panel wasted, so I'm forced to try and find some other way to tell you 2009 best new series is at BOOM! studios and it is called IRREDEEMABLE." - Comics And

"One of the strongest debuts of 2009 this is probably one series you won't want to miss." - Paradox Comics Group

"My local comic shop displays a black shirt with bold white lettering proclaiming 'Mark Waid is Evil.' He's proving it in this book with a devilish grin. Sometimes, as in this case, evil is good." - Jimmy in the Garden

"It's definitely worth a look, especially if you want something that isn't your straight traditional Marvel or DC title." - Comic Vine

"This is an amazing book! I cannot stress how much I truly enjoyed it. Mark Waid has crafted a tale that has captured my attention and left me wanting more. 5/5 - Comics Bulletin

"IRREDEMABLE is an enigmatically twisted tale which grasps your attention from the first page and refuses to let you go!" - Comics Waiting Room
    "Anyone who's read superhero comics for any length of time needs to read this!" - Extra Sequential

"When you see this on the shelf of your local comics store, when you see the tick box on your online order form. MAKE SURE YOU PICK THIS UP. Unrelenting in its flow, its shocks, its power and its pure brilliance." - 32 Pages

The Comics by comiXology App  is available for $0.99 and includes over 30 free comics from the App Store. 

No Caption Provided
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Media_Master

Now this is great news!!!

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By burr787

This is great, finally something came out for my comic app.

Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Luthorcrow

I'll definitely checkout.  Finding new ways to delivery content is very cool.

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By crazed_h3ro

watching it now and its awesome!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.