Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6447 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Kitty's Reaction To Magik Following Uncanny X-Men # 522

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

Now that Kitty has been confirmed to return in Uncanny X-Men # 522, we will finally get to see her interaction with the resurrected Illyana Rasputin for the first time since the conclusion of the Quest For Magik. What do you think Kitty's reaction will be? Do you think they will still be best friends? Have their experiences changed them too much to share the same bond? They certainly have a lot of catching up to do.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Illyana: " So you were floating in a huge bullet...why didnt you phase through it? "  

Kitty: " I dunno, it was immune to my powers and caused me alot of pain. " 

Illyana: " Oh, well that makes some sense...they say you saved the entire planet? " 

Kitty: " Yeah, i  phased the whole thing through the planet. " 

Illyana: " ?! " 

Illyana: " So they didnt go get you. This thing was huge and traveling in a straight trajectory right? "

Kitty: " Sure. i guess they were busy with something. Or couldnt find a way. " 

Illyana: " You know if i was here i could have teleported you out with a combination of my magics right? That
    sucks.  Well, aside from McCoy, dont we all know people like Tony Stark, Dr. Strange, Mr.Fantastic, ect.   
    And SWORD even for that matter. Where were they at during all of this? " 

Kitty: " They were there watching it happen, i dunno, like i said the bullet was unreal or something. "  

Illyana: " ? "   

Illyana: " Right. Well lets go, shots are definatly on me! " 

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Korg
    @CATMANEXE: You should read S.W.O.R.D. They have tried many things to get Kitty out of the bullet, including magic. The bullet has intense magical defenses. They had to use anti-matter drills on the thing just to get surface samples. 

Agent Brand said: 

"To get someone powerful enough close enough to hit it... we'd need magical power commensurate with four or five Sorcerer Supremes."

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg: 
    have. but its still b.s., and that explanation was offered up after the works flaws were critiqued.
    basically another fabric made of unstable molecules play. if Breakworld seriously had this kind of 
    tech going down, the AXM team would have been no problem, much less Kitty would have had zero effect
    on the bullet. and that thing from SWORD was just an acknowledgment. That issue was centered around 
    Gyrich and Deaths Head. four Sorcer Supremes is hyperbole, especially taking into account Dr.Strange's mild 
    feats are well beyond that. not to mention Reed. the guy contacts every single version of himself in alternate
    universes, at the same time, because he was curious, and does this the night he thought of that without
    any effort, for just one. I realize what they said for the bullet, and im pointing out why it was bad writing in the first place.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " Illyana: " So you were floating in a huge bullet...why didnt you phase through it? "   Kitty: " I dunno, it was immune to my powers and caused me alot of pain. "  Illyana: " Oh, well that makes some sense...they say you saved the entire planet? "  Kitty: " Yeah, i  phased the whole thing through the planet. "  Illyana: " ?! "  Illyana: " So they didnt go get you. This thing was huge and traveling in a straight trajectory right? " Kitty: " Sure. i guess they were busy with something. Or couldnt find a way. "  Illyana: " You know if i was here i could have teleported you out with a combination of my magics right? That sucks.  Well, aside from McCoy, dont we all know people like Tony Stark, Dr. Strange, Mr.Fantastic, ect.    And SWORD even for that matter. Where were they at during all of this? "  Kitty: " They were there watching it happen, i dunno, like i said the bullet was unreal or something. "   Illyana: " ? "    Illyana: " Right. Well lets go, shots are definatly on me! "  "
    Kitty: So, you're the soulless construct of the unholy mystical machinations of the demonic sorcerer, Belasco?
    Illyana: Yep.
    Kitty: How is that any different than before?
    Illyana: Well, before, I at least had my soul. Now, it's...elsewhere.
    Kitty: You brandish a part of your soul as a weapon, and wear pieces of it in an amulet around your neck.
    Illyana: Yes, well this time, it's different.
    Kitty: Um...okay. So, how are you and Piotr getting along?
    Illyana: We don't really get a chance to visit much, what with me on the New Mutants team, now. When I do get a free moment, he's usually chatting with Northstar.
    Kitty: Oh?
    Illyana: Yes, those two are inseparable. The best of friends!
    Kitty: I see.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @Korg said:
    " @CATMANEXE: You should read S.W.O.R.D. They have tried many things to get Kitty out of the bullet, including magic. The bullet has intense magical defenses. They had to use anti-matter drills on the thing just to get surface samples. 

Agent Brand said: 

"To get someone powerful enough close enough to hit it... we'd need magical power commensurate with four or five Sorcerer Supremes."

"
    Thank you for the information!
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Korg
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Korg:  have. but its still b.s."
    Ah, I see. Your comment about SWORD not doing anything gave me the wrong impression.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg: i made no comment saying " Sword not doing anything ". your just picking your daily fight with me anyways.
    you knew full well the entire post was meant to be comedic. do me a favor and stop quoting me for at least a day.
    im fed up with your childish antics.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Korg
    @CATMANEXE said:

" @Korg: i made no comment saying " Sword not doing anything "."

I meant this part:   

@CATMANEXE
    said:

"Illyana: " You know if i was here i could have teleported you out with a combination of my magics right? That sucks.  Well, aside from McCoy, dont we all know people like Tony Stark, Dr. Strange, Mr.Fantastic, ect.    And SWORD even for that matter. Where were they at during all of this? "  Kitty: " They were there watching it happen, i dunno, like i said the bullet was unreal or something. "   Illyana: " ? "    Illyana: " Right. Well lets go, shots are definatly on me! "  "

@CATMANEXE said:

" your just picking your daily fight with me anyways. you knew full well the entire post was meant to be comedic. do me a favor and stop quoting me for at least a day. im fed up with your childish antics. "

I'm not picking any fight with you, stop being so paranoid. It's a simple misunderstanding. I thought you might not know about Kitty's current situation. I even told you I just got the wrong impression. Relax.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Illyana Rasputin said:
    "Illyana: We don't really get a chance to visit much, what with me on the New Mutants team, now. When I do get a free moment, he's usually chatting with Northstar. Kitty: Oh? Illyana: Yes, those two are inseparable. The best of friends! Kitty: I see. "
    LOL! 

I don't think they would still be friends if Magik is souless!
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Idk if Magik and her would still be best friends, from what i just read in new mutants, it's not even the real Illyana right?

Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    "Idk if Magik and her would still be best friends, from what i just read in new mutants, it's not even the real Illyana right? "

That is right, but she still possesses Illyana's mind, so the chances are good that she would still care for her best friend.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @sora_thekey said:
    "@Illyana Rasputin said:
    "Illyana: We don't really get a chance to visit much, what with me on the New Mutants team, now. When I do get a free moment, he's usually chatting with Northstar. Kitty: Oh? Illyana: Yes, those two are inseparable. The best of friends! Kitty: I see. "
    LOL!  I don't think they would still be friends if Magik is souless! "

:D The awesome thing about Kitty is that she is so kind and courageous, she might be able to overlook that flaw, and try to find the good still inside of the Darkchilde.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By John_Feaster
    @Illyana Rasputin:
       As awesome as a proper meeting between Kitty and her best friends would be (Illyana, Rachel, Pete Wisdom, Karma and such) I have a strong feeling that they'll halfass and fumble it. As much as I desperatly want a happy ending, I no longer have faith in Marvel. I mean, have you noticed how crazy they are about angst these days? Particularly with continuing storylines. I hope Kitty comes back and she and her best friend (Illyana) have a proper reunion...but I'm not counting on it.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @John_Feaster said:
    " @Illyana Rasputin:    As awesome as a proper meeting between Kitty and her best friends would be (Illyana, Rachel, Pete Wisdom, Karma and such) I have a strong feeling that they'll halfass and fumble it. As much as I desperatly want a happy ending, I no longer have faith in Marvel. I mean, have you noticed how crazy they are about angst these days? Particularly with continuing storylines. I hope Kitty comes back and she and her best friend (Illyana) have a proper reunion...but I'm not counting on it. "
    I'm hoping for it, but I am not putting too much faith in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.