Follow

Justice League International

Team » Justice League International appears in 469 issues.

Sanctioned by the United Nations, the Justice League International is designed to be a publicly accountable answer to the Justice League.

International Recycling Program

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz
    No Caption Provided

It was with a bit of hesitation that I heard that a new Justice League International was in the works.  The concept is not very troubling to me, it is just that I remember the version from the 80s and 90s and how much I didn’t really enjoy this series.  For those that know the history of the Justice League this period stood out as one highlighting the comedic hijinks of Booster, Blue Beetle and Guy Gardner with pretty much other character playing the role of straight man.  While I generally found the attempt at comedy somewhat weak, another trend which this League was known for was a tendency to use characters that were popular or trendy at the time and yet didn’t last long in their own series.  Booster and Blue Beetle were the main characters exhibiting this as they both had series which ran for 24 issues.  With the new version of the League I do like certain aspects – one that it is much more international, and another that it has a decent balance between male and female characters.  The newest developments in the title don’t fare as well though (spoilers ahead) as it appears that both Batwing (from the Congo) and O.M.A.C. (from Cambodia) will be joining the team.  I can’t say at this point if Batwing will survive or not, but it is certain that O.M.A.C. will not.  Although this league has taken a more serious tone I am still left wondering if it will be the resting place of those other series that didn’t find their own success.    

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By jrock85

Too much Booster and Gardner, so far. The rest of the cast need more panel time.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I believe Firehawk will also be joining. This is one of the titles I wanted to check out the most.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

I want Ted Kord to fund the JLI with him being the former Blue Beetle (since IC never happened, he never died). But i understand your concern that JLI will be the nesting ground for all the characters who don't work out in their own solo's. OMAC is joining JLI, Static is joining the TT, and Mr. Terrific is jumping to Earth-2. We'll see where Hawk and Dove end up in the future.

Artya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Artya

Was in O.M.A.C that the Kord industries guy was killed? That could mean Ted is alive... as O.M.A.dness hasn't happened yet.

I think that some guys will come here but not everyone. It would make them JL Evicted.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Kairan1979

Funny thing is that JLI acted more like Justice League than the Big Seven.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.