Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

What's so special about Jean?

dragoness1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By dragoness1993

What is everyone's opinion on Jean's character and what makes her special to you?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Erik

Queue the haters and fanboys going to war.

RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By RYU/BATMAN

Her death and Cyclops always mourning over her. 

No Caption Provided
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
    she has the worst hit points system in Marvel vs Capcom 3... I swear I can take that biatch out easy in that game
    Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
    Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Jean or the Phoenix Force? Jean is special because of the Phoenix Force.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@King Saturn said:
    " she has the worst hit points system in Marvel vs Capcom 3... I swear I can take that biatch out easy in that game "
    lol
    Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Band Lone

Phoenix nothing more...

LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LONGTIME

Nothin' really.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

She was one of the first characters to have their enormous body counts retconned to not being their fault.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @Cypher's Gambit said:
    " Jean or the Phoenix Force? Jean is special because of the Phoenix Force. "
    Disagree.
    psyrax2k11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By psyrax2k11

Jean Grey is special because she's one of the few characters that's written humanly, she's a strong woman, a great fighter, but she's compassionate and she cares for others greatly.  She's a leader in her own right; she's someone that will put others before her; she's stands before her foes with such vigor to defend those that she loves.  She's a woman who does not need to manipulate or use her power to get what she wants.  She is a woman with high morals and she stands by them greatly.  This to me makes her beautiful both within and out.  I think Jean Grey is one of the best characters out there, who needs to come back to the mainstream comics.  The reason why I believe people don't like her all that much is because of everything I just said.  Now I'm not saying everyone is like this, but I feel in todays society, people tend to gravitate towards those who are arrogant, dumb (but for some reason popular), dress skimpy, act ridiculous for attention purpose, and people who are just load and obnoxious because it's what most people want to see and hear about.  Look at Charlie Sheen, that idiot is everywhere; in every magazine, news media, anything that can get in some kind of attention, he's there; now how often do we hear about a soldier that was just killed defending our country or any soldiers fighting over there getting hurt and killed; not that much, instead we get Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, or Kim Kardashian; people who don't deserve attention or praise of any kind, but get it nonetheless.  My point is, Jean is everything good, but because she's not an Emma Frost, nobody cares and therefore she gets overlooked.  Jean Grey is amazing and I am someone that will never give up hope on her return someday. 

P.S. 
    The only reason why Jean's health is so low in MvC3 is because of how powerful she is and because she can resurrect as Dark Phoenix; believe it or not, it does balance out.  Here's a tip though, when playing as Jean in the game, NEVER begin with her, always use her at the end or as an assist, or when you need to beat a character that's close to being beaten.  If you start with her, try your best to not take so many hits, but I wouldn't begin with her, unless you know how to play her well. 
    LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LONGTIME

The curtains match the carpet. :D

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaDynasty
    @LONGTIME said:
    " The curtains match the carpet. :D "

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

She sucks lol

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wise Son
    @LONGTIME said:
    " The curtains match the carpet. :D "
    This guy has the right idea. 

Other then that and the Phoenix force she wasn't that endearing to me.
    mario_nblc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By mario_nblc
    @psyrax2k11:
    Love u and ur respond!  

<3 Jean <3
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#16  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @psyrax2k11:
    you.....win.......SOOOOOO hard
    kai1309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kai1309

I like that she's strong and can handle her own. She's powerful but don't flash it around town unless humanity is stake for ex; fight with cassandra and her literally forming a plane  from pieces like magneto to save herself and logan from the sun. etc And personality wise she's empathic towards her people and friends.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Because shes one of the only Telepath-Telekentics around, also she dosen't like staying dead.
    Glamazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Glamazon

I'm a sucker for TK, so that's my reason as to why I like her so much.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "She sucks lol "
    Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it's that she was part of the original X-men

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

Nothing. Absolutely nothing about her makes her special, in my opinion. She utterly fails to stand out as a character.

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
    lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey was the key character in the story which permanently changed the landscape of comic book writing and storytelling.. before, all heroes are expected to win in the end, to be celebrated for their heroism and loved by everyone, and most specially, no superhero has ever died since.. Jean Grey was the first major character to die, and from then on, many has copied her resulting in a series of death and resurrection among many characters.. 

aside from that fact, Jean's character is more human and any.. he was always been the epitome of that which is good, but is also capable of unspeakable evil and destruction, and yet despite that, she still managed to know what is right from wrong and chose to do what she thinks is right, even if that would result to her death..  

i remember what the great Stan Lee said on Scream Awards 2009, "How can a person be superhuman, without being human first".. Jean Grey reflect this quote.. i will forever hold in my heart the last words of the Dark Phoenix Saga.. 

"Jean Grey could have lived to become a God, but it was more important to her that she die, a Human.." 

this is the degree of love and sacrifice shown by Jean Grey.. what most people fail to understand, is that true power does not come from immeasurable strength or omnipotence, but rather, on the strength of the human heart fueled by love and hope which springs eternal.. 

psyrax2k11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By psyrax2k11
    @lord_oraculous016 said:
    "Jean Grey was the key character in the story which permanently changed the landscape of comic book writing and storytelling.. before, all heroes are expected to win in the end, to be celebrated for their heroism and loved by everyone, and most specially, no superhero has ever died since.. Jean Grey was the first major character to die, and from then on, many has copied her resulting in a series of death and resurrection among many characters..  aside from that fact, Jean's character is more human and any.. he was always been the epitome of that which is good, but is also capable of unspeakable evil and destruction, and yet despite that, she still managed to know what is right from wrong and chose to do what she thinks is right, even if that would result to her death..   i remember what the great Stan Lee said on Scream Awards 2009, "How can a person be superhuman, without being human first".. Jean Grey reflect this quote.. i will forever hold in my heart the last words of the Dark Phoenix Saga..  "Jean Grey could have lived to become a God, but it was more important to her that she die, a Human.."  this is the degree of love and sacrifice shown by Jean Grey.. what most people fail to understand, is that true power does not come from immeasurable strength or omnipotence, but rather, on the strength of the human heart fueled by love and hope which springs eternal..  "

Here, Here!  I agree 100%.  Thank you.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @Glamazon said:
    " I'm a sucker for TK, so that's my reason as to why I like her so much. "
    Lmao seconded XD thats what made me give her the time of day back on the animated series

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.