Follow

James T. Kirk

Character » James T. Kirk appears in 1200 issues.

James Tiberius Kirk became the youngest Captain in the United Federation of Planets' Starfleet, at 31, and is best known for his maverick command of the U.S.S. Enterprise, saving the Earth on two publicly-recognized occasions in 2271 and 2286, and his involvement in a record 17 temporal anomalies.

Has Anyone Read The Star Trek Manga?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    I've never been the biggest Star Trek fan (I've always liked Star Wars more).  I've seen the Star Trek manga before and have almost picked it up a couple times.  I'm wondering if anyone's actually read it before.  When I flipped through the one volume I saw, it didn't really look much different than a regular Star Trek comic book (which I usually avoid).  It just had the manga-style art but no other aspects of the culture.  It kind of felt like they were trying to make it a manga in order to appeal to the manga-reading crowd.

Mania has posted that a "best of" edition of the original manga will be published on March 17 along with 16 colorized pages of "Side Effects."  The book jacket will also turn into a poster by the awesom Art Adams.  The stories were picked by the fans on Tokyopop.com.  It will also include:

"Side Effects," "Orphans," and "'Til Death" (Shinsei Shinsei): "Forging Alliances" and "Communications Breakdown" (Kakan ni Shinkou): and "Art of War," "The Humanitarian," and "Bandi" (Uchu). Also included is a forward by David Gerrold and a preview of Star Trek: The Next Generation manga.

Amazon lists it at 342 pages.  The list price is $19.99, but they're offering it for $13.59.  Doesn't seem too bad of a deal.  Even though I'm not that much into Star Trek, I am tempted to get this.  I just wonder if there's anything more to this than some nice art, is it just mediocre Star Trek stories with pretty pictures?
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Media_Master

Its for the movie so

id just see the movie and thats that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.