Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11237 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

How have they zeroed in on Whiplash as the villian for Iron Man 2

MUTANT413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MUTANT413

I know that Iron Man's only really momorable villian, Mandarin, would be a difficult character to take seriously on the big screen, but are they really unable to come up with anything better than a small-timer like Whiplash? I really can't picture any Iron Man fans hearing about his character in the next movie and thinking, "Dude, that's going to be awesome. I can't wait to see Whiplash in Iron Man 2!"

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I know, I don't understand why its not someone like Titanium Man, or Crimson Dynamo. I wonder who is gonna play Mandarin.. they can always get Nick Cage or Christopher Walken.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

hmm maybe because in only two movies we've had/will have Iron man, Iron monger and War Machine? Crimson dynamo seems redundant

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    Nighthunter said:
    "hmm maybe because in only two movies we've had/will have Iron man, Iron monger and War Machine? Crimson dynamo seems redundant
    "
    Dynamo is a major Iron Man villian. Using that logic is like saying Venom shouldn't have been in the Spider Man franchise because they had Spider Man. But I will agree to disagree, Iron Man has a ton of villians they could use. Although I did forget to mention in my above post that the reason behind Whiplash is because if you remember back to the Iron Man cartoon he was a member of the Mandorian's team.

Who I really want to see is MODOK, big head little arms and legs would be hilarious yelling at AIM goons.
    MUTANT413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MUTANT413
    Nova`Prime` said:
    "I know, I don't understand why its not someone like Titanium Man, or Crimson Dynamo. I wonder who is gonna play Mandarin.. they can always get Nick Cage or Christopher Walken.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"

rofl @ Christopher Walken
    Dr. ? man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dr. ? man

I would love to see Spymaster be given a shot to appear on the big screen.

MUTANT413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MUTANT413
    Dr. ? man said:
    "I would love to see Spymaster be given a shot to appear on the big screen.
    "
    Cool idea!
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By bioghost

propablly a villan who drink under the table with him would be better.
    (for comedy)
    then wacth him how he screw up with the drink he have.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the Vica

Apparently Whiplash in this movie "Also includes elements of Crimson Dynamo" whether that means he has a suit or just has Dynamo's history, we'll have to wait and see.

But yeah, choosing Whiplash as a main villain was a bad idea... But remember this?

'Favreau revealed their version of Iron Man's comic book nemesis the Mandarin "allows us to incorporate the whole pantheon of villains"'

So maybe Mandarin will get an appearance.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.