Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4834 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Off My Mind: Is Hawkeye a Good Role Model for Young Heroes?

• 63 results
    doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By doomsilver

clint mentoring kate would be awesome

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Blacklightning13 said:

He's basically Green Arrow with anger issues. One of my least favourite characters.

He's basically better than Green Arrow in every way.One of favorite characters.
    Woodclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Woodclaw

@mtrakos said:

@AlKusanagi said:

I'd have my kid put up posters of Hawkeye on his wall before that tool Cyclops any day!

ha! If wolverine is mentoring there is no reason why Barton cant.

In many ways this quote sums up many of my thoughts on the matter.

Granted Clint isn't your typical teacher, but having him mentoring will be interesting. See, one of the defining facts about Clint's personal history is that each and every father figure/mentor/role model he ever had screwed up sooner or later. Just for the sake of example: his father was an abusive prick, the Swordsman and Trickshot turned out to be criminals, his big brother recently became a criminal too. SO Clint has plenty of expereince about bad mentors, which might be an advantage.

Now, I'm not saying that his character and behaviour aren't an issue. He's sarcastic, hot-headed, anti-authoritarian (even when he's in charge) and tend to think with his guts (to be polite). Still, beyond all of this he knows how much a bad teacher can screw up your life, so I think he will work really hard to prevent himself from repeating hte same errors he was once subjected to.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By difficlus

No character is without innate flaws, thats what separates 3 dimension characters from stiff 1 dimensional ones.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Man of Lengend

@mtrakos said:

@AlKusanagi said:

I'd have my kid put up posters of Hawkeye on his wall before that tool Cyclops any day!

ha! If wolverine is mentoring there is no reason why Barton cant.

This also i looked up to Clint , I think he had a good impact on my life

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Combat aside, would you want someone like Hawkeye to run your youth camp?

He's arrogant, bucks authority, and has a pretty strong death wish.

If you want to train up the next generation of heroes to be brash, lawless and suicidal I think he's a wonderful pick.

Avatar image for metallicmercury
    MetallicMercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By MetallicMercury

Well, he knows what it's like to mess up. I think if you have that level of understanding, you can be a lot closer to the kids.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

@entropy_aegis: are u serious? the alchoholic womanising rebublican ex-SRI Dictator/Douche/I had a memory wipe so im a nice guy again Stark...?

really..? mmkayy :-/

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

straws..... clutching...... wiiiiildly.... helpppp

*sigh* marvel marvel marvel.. *coff* comicvine *coff* talk about telegraphing ur punches... is this the same Hawkeye whos been the most active utility member on the Avengers roster since ....ever?

Same guy whos been team leader more times than ANYONE (even if only in a deputorial sense) hes been Goliath/Giant Man number of times.. Ronin &a handful of other identities.. led the Thunderbolts.. been closely mentored by Cap.. wielded the shield with more success than even Bucky who he had to give tips on how to get to grips with its unique dynamics... hes the first one in &the last one out.. has died &come back &clocked more field time than any Avenger including Cap himself...

The only baseline human with more battle experience than him is Slim Summers..

&now all because of 2 naybe 3 issues of extremely shitty uncharacteristic writing were havin "leadership/rolemodel musings" all so we can leadup to lame sidekick story thatll probly flop coz of bad writing?

please... spare us

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By KidSupreme

i'm personally not a fan

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Alton

@zackattack529 said:

the way heroes are being writen these days...none are really good role models for children.

you can thank the great Alan Moore for that.

Thank you, Alan Moore, for deconstructing the cultural and politically propaganda laden hero worship that has poisoned Western civilization for so long and has pulled the wool over our eyes leading to our eventual societal demise. Please forgive those unable to remove the Rose colored glasses they themselves have willingly permanently glued to their faces to continue seeing a world that isn't there At least we won't have to listen long to their cries of anquish and despair when they realise they will be among the first victims despite all that church going and flag waving and hero worship.

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Alton

@Vance Astrosaid:

@Blacklightning13said:

He's basically Green Arrow with anger issues. One of my least favourite characters.

He's basically better than Green Arrow in every way.One of favorite characters.

@Blacklightning13

said:

Face it in this spin he is GA with Mia on board.Because of DCnU DC decided to drop the Arrow Family and Marvel saw it ripe for the stealing.I wonder how Kevin Smith and Judd Winick feel about this development.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

An excellent point. Hawkeye is a jerk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.