Is Guy Garderner Still A Vuldarian?

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Or has all that stuff been retconned out of existence?

#2 Edited by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably wrong, but I think there were certain events that caused his body to reject his Vuldarian shapeshifting DNA. Violently. So it was probably expelled from his system. I'd recommend getting a second opinion though.

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

I'm probably wrong, but I think there were certain events that caused his body to reject his Vuldarian shapeshifting DNA. Violently. So it was probably expelled from his system. I'd recommend getting a second opinion though.

This is accurate. During Green Lantern: Rebirth to be precise.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

And since the reboot it's probably been completely forgotten. They did just tell his new origin and I actually really liked it.

#5 Posted by Warrior-4-ever (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Its basically one of Geoff Johns' standard "________ did it" In this case Parallax did it. In Rebirth after going to a Yankees-Red Sox game with Hal and John, Guy loses control of his Vuldarian Powers. He blows up Warriors bar. Mr. Terrific discovers that Guy's Human DNA is overriding his Vuldarian DNA. Basically making them go dormant again. That was the last time they've been mentions beyond a few constructs. One from Mogo channelling Guy's good memories [when Guy was possessed by a Red Lantern ring] and when Guy and Hal fought during War of the GLs Guy created a construct of himself in his Warrior form [and other versionsof himself. Aka his Pre-coma version, Bowl cut Guy, Yellow ring Guy and Warrior Guy] Hopefully we might get a breakthrough on his Vuldarian Powers stuff soon. Geoff Johns slipped at SDCC that The Third Army could be the Fall of Guy Gardner.

#6 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i read today in a solicit that the first lantern torn him apart but i havent been reading the comic so i dont know if that means he actually torn him apart or tore him apart emotionally like the first lantern has been doing with every one.

#7 Posted by fACEmelter88 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea he is (was) while the 1st Lantern was messing with him (Green Lantern Corps #17) it showed him as a Vuldarian, as Warrior and an outfit that looked like the one he wore when he wielded a yellow ring.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.