Follow

Ghost Rider

Concept » Ghost Rider appears in 1065 issues.

The Ghost Rider is an empyrean/infernal creature made of a human spirit and a Spirit of Vengeance through a contract with Satan, dealings with an immortal vengeful spirit, or a supernatural entity. Ghost Riders tend to seek out vengeance for sins rendered. Notable Ghost Riders include Johnny Blaze, Dan Ketch, Alejandra and most recently Robbie Reyes.

Ghost Rider 2 was better that the first one.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I mean, since we knew this wasnt a Reboot, you have to go with this idea on your mind, the first one was lame and was funny because, well Nicholas Cage is the funniest man alive, that is not Christhoper Walken.

Bunch of crazy CGI, damn bad plot and all the thing that most of superheros movie have, i mean, Thor and Captain America are pretty boring movies for my taste.

I mean, the movie dont try to makde sense, is like Crank just with less Frank Martin(Congratulations for those that understand this joke) and with more Cage.

I know it wasnt the best superhero movie, but it has better action that Thor and Captain America, what show how overrated those two sucker are.

The movie only try to be a parody of superhero movie or at leats a parody of Nic Cage movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Disagree ,i like the first one more ,Ghost Rider is not "Crank" ,and Ghost Rider is not crazy or suck out people's soul.

The movie is not as worse as i thought ,but i don't think it's better than the first.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

It does not have better action than Thor and Captain America.

And it's not trying to be a parody, it's just trying to be trashy because it knows it's not going to be a good movie.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#4  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

Better action than Thor maybe, but not Captain America.

It was certainly better than the first (which was pure crap), inferiorego's statement about it making the first look like Oscar quality was absurd (although what passes for Oscar quality these days isn't exactly ideal, seeing as how Drive wasn't nominated for best picture but Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was).

This flick is exactly the kind of trashy fun I enjoy, just like Cage's Drive Angry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ApatheticAvenger: @InnerVenom123:

Both Ghost Rider movie better than thor and as good as Captain America.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

I would actually say the first one was good, I liked it, this one though..................

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

There was so much incorrect information used in Ghost Rider 2. I was cringing every few minutes I had to hear them speak. I am a HUGE GR fan so I wanted this after I saw watching the first one, I easily can say I prefer the first one. Below are my problems with the movie.

-They messed up his origin once again. Even more so then in the first. First just replaced Craig Simpson with Barton Blaze. Not like the Second.

- The Rider does NOT steal/consume souls like they said. It was made to protect beings with souls and destroy soulless monsters. Danny's run stated this fact.

- There is no clear connection to the first. No mention of Roxanne or even Blackheart. Is this a reboot? A Sequel? Make up your minds!

-Hell, why was the kid even called Danny? He should have been called Daimon or Damian which he basically was cause he wasn't even close to Danny Ketch.

-They made the Rider is a mindless animal which is not the case (You can argue that point cause Zarathos was kinda like that at times, but Noble was far more intelligent.)

-They made the Rider move like a Cobra when he should have moved like a silent bad ass only needing to "flex his muscles" to make them crap their pants kinda like the Terminator.

-That Blue Fire crap never happened to Blaze in the comics as far as I know. I know it happened to Noble (when he became the Angel of Death and One shotted Blackheart) and then Danny when he was under Zadkiel's service. Zarathos was a demon which is why people were still complaining about The Rider being an Angelic creation.

-THAT WAS NOT BLACKOUT!! It was a poor attempt to make him. It wasn't even close to what he really was. He was a psychopathic mutant with a vampire fetish whose powers where creating darkness that the Rider could see through cause his flames were supernatural and shined through it. He never had the decay powers. Hell when he was made a Lilin, he was just himself, but a stronger vampiric demonic version.

-Nick Cage as Johnny Blaze was not half as bad as watching him be the Rider. I get the crazy Nick Cage, but it was it didn't even feel like he was Johnny Blaze.

-Unnecessary scene about Fire peeing and taking Danny on a Motorcycle ride (Killed the tension)

- Rider's suit was just bad looking. Biker look is one thing, Molten leather/Almost Zombie look is just bad.

I'm sure there is more I forgot, but those of the major ones I can remember.

Now the bright spots in the bad movie

- Fighting was solid, but could have been even better if not for Cage.

- Moreau (how ever you say his name) was bad ass.

- Nice to see Chris Lambert, even if he wasn't used much.

-Danny was NOT DANNY KETCH! (THANK YOU JESUS)

Yep, I want Marvel to get the rights back so people don't use trashy writing cause as long as Sony has the rights, it's gonna be trashed. My hope would be if they got the rights back and have a solid director and writers who stick closer to the continuity, they could/should reboot again with Danny Ketch (Then bring in Blaze just not Nick Cage Blaze.) Maybe set up a Midnight Sons movie team up like the Avengers. Gives you a reason to use Dr. Strange in his element and Marvel already has the rights back for Blade so it's seriously doable. May post a bullet on my theory for how to go about a Midnight Sons movie franchise.

nrgb2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nrgb2814

...... Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance isn't better than ANY movie!!! It was grade-A crap! It had some ok parts, if you could call them that, but overall it deserves the 14% rating on Rottentomatoes...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nrgb2814:

Not try to mean ,but no one really care Rottentomatoes ,be honestly no one will really care about internet review.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Billy Batson

@ka385385 said:

@nrgb2814:

Not try to mean ,but no one really care Rottentomatoes ,be honestly no one will really care about internet review.

Except many do care about Rotten Tomatoes since it gives the overall reception of the movie. It's not just one review.
    BB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Billy Batson:

Everyone have different opinions ,that can't count as a markable opinion for public.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Billy Batson

Great argument.
    BB

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Billy Batson: @nrgb2814:@ka385385: Haywire has a 80% in Rotten Tomatoes, Cinema score give it a d-, it haves a 6.5 in IMDB and the people that goes into Rotten Tomatoes hated the movie.

I mean, Rotten Tomatoes overrates and underrates movies, thats the main problem of Rotten Tomatoes.

Also Haywire sucked, was boring and boring.

But Fassbender was kicking ass, like always.

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Better action than Thor maybe, but not Captain America.

It was certainly better than the first (which was pure crap), inferiorego's statement about it making the first look like Oscar quality was absurd (although what passes for Oscar quality these days isn't exactly ideal, seeing as how Drive wasn't nominated for best picture but Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was).

This flick is exactly the kind of trashy fun I enjoy, just like Cage's Drive Angry.

Captain America was pretty lame film, i mean The Legend of The Fist: The Return of chen Zhen is pretty much a chinesse version and shows how the guy that did Captain America failed at the action, what is a horrible thing if we see that Donnie Yen skill beat millions of dollar in CGI and stuntmens.

Thor has better action, saddly the movies dies at the second half and the action goes down the hill.

Cage and the Beees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't act like most of people will agree Rotten Tomatoes. It's not important about intetnet review ,unless it's review about good or it's just nothing.

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By redhood21

Thor and Cap were also made for broader appeal than just us comic readers. ghost rider 2 was like watching a fan boys wet dream about trying too hard to prove why ghost rider is cool. i like ghost rider (the character), but as soon as someone said lets (re)cast cage there should have been a federal investigation.

as for crank....what a mess. jason statham, while i dont doubt he could kick my 6'4 220 a$$ all up and down my street, is not intimidating at all or bad a$$ in anyway. he's the poodle of action stars.

i think internet public opinion reviews are loosing their respect cuz of sites like metacritic where if its not a 10 its a 0. NO IN-BETWEENS!!!! NEVER!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crank is really stupid and immature.

MrErbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrErbac

I liked this one much better because of it's faster pace. The first one felt too long, plus messing up Blackheart so bad.

GHOSTRIDER45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GHOSTRIDER45

@ka385385: i like them both if you read the comics its a big spoiler alert but back to the movies the first one has a better story line and the second one cooler affects these are my fav comic book movies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GHOSTRIDER45:

Dude ,what do you mean if i read the comics?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By THORSON

really?

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By mk111

Sorry, I much prefered film 1. Film 2 was boring and lame. And the villains were jokes.

Avatar image for ghost_rider2007
    ghost_rider2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the first one was A LOT better than the second one! Yes, it could've had MORE action scenes then what it had, but when the first one's action scenes DID come, they nailed it! I mean seriously! The transformation, the jail rage and breakout, and the riding up and down the skyscraper, those scenes were all EPIC! I like to yell to prove my point lol. And 2 other things, it had a lot better cgi, and both in the comics and the first movie, THEY HAD THE HARLEY DAVIDSON CHOPPER LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO AND DIDN'T SWITCH IT OUT!!!! Plus, at least in the first one, they actually had a solid plot and was going after a good super villain, unlike the crappy one they went after in that ONE scene and just went after a bunch of random people lol! And I rest my case, I like the first one a lot better :)

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the First one alot. Same with the 2nd.

Beata

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

first was 10 times better than the second and it was still a sh*t movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.