What power levels do you prefer Superman at?

• 70 results
Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the Golden Age he was only faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive, he only had super strength, speed and durability, and couldn't fly but could leap great distances. In the Silver Age he could sneeze planets away or tow them with a chain. He seemed to be able to make up powers on the spot such as expelling miniature versions of himself from his fingertips (i call this the acid trip superman). Post Crisis could fly at lightspeeds and hold black holes in his hand while New 52 could hold the weight of the Earth for a week without any nourishment. What levels do you prefer him at? (Personally I like the Earth One graphic novel version who had all his main powers but still could be hurt/harmed, maybe slightly under MOS levels)

nagundah14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nagundah14

I like the current iteration, which is post-Crisis.

He's op as BJORK, but because he's a family man now, he needs to weight what's right to do and what is the safest for his son and wife.

They haven't done much with this yet, but I like the idea of forcing him to make the choice between what he CAN do and what he SHOULD do.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

New 52 Superman only bench-pressed the weight of a Planet for 5 days, not a week.

Either way I like him at Post-Crisis levels, maybe a tad above.

Avatar image for kryptonianprime
KryptonianPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Age

Drocta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Drocta

Have you guys actually read any Post-Crisis from before the year 2000?

Anyway, I prefer early to mid Post-Crisis. No hearing shit from the other side of the world, no lightspeed flight or anywhere near that, a nuke bomb's blast knocks him out cold and one at ground zero would kill him, no planet or moon-moving, needs to breathe after a few hours of holding his breath, no talking in space, he can lift mountains and shit but it requires exertion, needs to sleep after a few days, etc. And certainly no corny Silver Age "powers" like changing his facial features or super-ventriloquism or anything like that. He's still stronger and better than most every other super-powered being but he's not cosmic or a god. More a high level demigod.

And no "thinks more like a Kryptonian than a human" crap.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

sneezing away multiverses and making miniature versions of himself indefinitely. Jokes aside, just stronger, faster and to a certain degree smarter than 99% of heroes. Basically peak post-crisis. I will certainly never want him to get injured by bullets or rocks lmao, I don't need to have the idea that superman can die by conventional means to keep me interested in seeing a guy from nowhere do the right thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee9c4453cde7
deactivated-5ee9c4453cde7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with anything so as long as it doesn't reach silver age levels but if I were to say which power level I prefer, I'd say anywhere between early post-crisis (John Byrne) and DCEU levels, and this power levels from 2000s onward. Though I do like the idea that they fluctuate depending on his emotions and stress/mental blocks that holds back his powers so he won't split the earth in 2 while flexing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Pre Flashpoint and New 52 power levels have been fine by me.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Age

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Pre-Flashpoint, duh.

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OldKaiser

Death battle, duh.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: PC Superman eg light speed can pull planets beat Thanos one punch etc.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post-Flashpoint/Pre-Rebirth

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically post-crisis/n52

However, I think he needs to be the clear and definitive "powerhouse" of the JL.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really sure of an iteration but I like a weaker superman. Makes me feel like he actually overcomes something and he didn't just beat that wondrous plot device rock called kryptonite

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak post crisis. He should be FTL, strong enough to move planet, nukes shouldn't do jack to him. I am one of the few guys who would want superman to have more powers. He is nowhere near OP as some people make him to be imo. He should be the top dog of Justice League.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak Post-Crisis. New 52 wasn't bad either.

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre Flashpoint ,faster and better than 52

shonuff33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shonuff33

I want him like he should be, a symbol of ultimate power governed by humanity but unstoppable when unleashed. Superman should be the mary sue examplar of superhuman protagonists, nothing can overcome him in a fight and it's a honor to attempt to and maybe even rival him. He is DC's ultimate savior? treat him like the Alien Space Jesus he is meant to be. It needs to be sunk in, that Superman is the goddamn king of kings and he reigns supreme over all superheroes and villians like Godzilla rules over all Kijuu. It also applies to his family especially Kara and Jon. They are like the last royal line of the most powerful alien spieces in the DC universe with Superman as the new king.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is tough to answer. I want him to be able to shrug off nukes, but I think tanking supernovas may be a little over-the-top. I definitely don't want him to struggle lifting a cruise ship, but I also don't want him sneezing planets out of existence, either. I guess, a little bit of post-crisis, a little bit of New 52, and a little bit of the DCEU...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Golden Age he was only faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive, he only had super strength, speed and durability, and couldn't fly but could leap great distances.

Late Golden Age Superman is basically Silver Age Superman.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drocta said:

Anyway, I prefer early to mid Post-Crisis. No hearing shit from the other side of the world, no lightspeed flight or anywhere near that, a nuke bomb's blast knocks him out cold and one at ground zero would kill him, no planet or moon-moving, needs to breathe after a few hours of holding his breath, no talking in space, he can lift mountains and shit but it requires exertion, needs to sleep after a few days, etc. And certainly no corny Silver Age "powers" like changing his facial features or super-ventriloquism or anything like that. He's still stronger and better than most every other super-powered being but he's not cosmic or a god. More a high level demigod.

And no "thinks more like a Kryptonian than a human" crap.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post crisis (current) and one to not shy away from taking a quick flyby of the sun really quick if need be for a power boost

avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post crisis (current) and one to not shy away from taking a quick flyby of the sun really quick if need be for a power boost

You realize that the distance between the sun and earth is vast, thus if superman would have to tackle every adversary using "Sun dips" Earth would be annihilated by the time he returns.

The only way to over boost his cells with sun dips is if he was to build some sort of technology that will carry him from / to the sun in vast speed. Which is possible given his father was able an intra dimensional space prison facility.

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avk111 said:
@comic_bruh777 said:

You realize that the distance between the sun and earth is vast, thus if superman would have to tackle every adversary using "Sun dips" Earth would be annihilated by the time he returns.

The only way to over boost his cells with sun dips is if he was to build some sort of technology that will carry him from / to the sun in vast speed. Which is possible given his father was able an intra dimensional space prison facility.

OR... Make him more faster?

avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By avk111

@costy21 said:
@avk111 said:
@comic_bruh777 said:

OR... Make him more faster?

Fact: It takes sunlight an average of 8 minutes and 20 seconds to travel from the Sun to the Earth.

Maybe you have to check how Supes speed goes in comparison to light speed first.

The speed of sound through air is about 340 meters per second. (The speed of sound in water is about 4 times faster than this). The speed of light in air is about 300 million meters per second.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

manny_int

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Weak enough so my favorite character can beat him in the battle threads."

Peak Post.

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avk111: correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't post crisis superman gone the speed of light before??

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically post-crisis/n52

However, I think he needs to be the clear and definitive "powerhouse" of the JL.

This

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avk111: also I never said "superman needs to Sundip to tackle every person" he doesn't need to. I'd say it wouldn't be a bad idea to prep for Darkseid but other than that he should be good. ALSO he doesn't need to literally fly to the sun he there is way more solar radiation in space without an atmosphere to filter it. My point being I like the post crisis version because he is very powerful but IF NEED BE he can amp himself because at the end of the day his strength has no limitations with more solar power. Space = more solar rays than the earth. You see this in superman batman in loebs run Darkseid literally one shots superman to space and then he is obviously charged back up from the Suns rays in space and a combo of that and the rage of thinking DS killed supergirl he owns Darkseid

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: yessss! I'm with you there. And to all the haters of me saying post crisis superman if need be can always sundip or soak up more rays in space saying if would take too long and the planet would be destroyed let's not forget peak post crisis Superman WAS FTL

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: I prefer Superman as he was during the 1990's. Mountain moving strength, Hypersonic Speed, etc.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should have been a poll.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194:

I personally prefer the New52 levels.

At least in the New52, he could move the entire mass of the Earth for five whole days without needing any sunlight.

He stated he had flown to the heart of the sun and back.

He was able to survive inside a black hole, and he took two months to reach Earth after being sent to the far edges of the universe itself. Meaning he'd have to travel billions of times faster than light.

Powerwise New52 Superman is the closest we got to Silver Age Superman power levels. Where Superman could basically do anything and almost everything.

On the other hand Rebirth Superman seems far more weak than pre-Flashpoint Superman. If anything I'd say that Rebirth Superman is even weaker than John Byrne Superman.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post zero hour power levels.

Ideally though,

Strength- Pushing the moon, possibly being able to bench that weight and more without Sun dip, which amps him. l'd be comfortable with his levels in all star before his strength tripled. (he was benching 200 quintillion tons with one hand with that power up, even not tripled that strength is insane)

Speed- Flying I think he should top out at light speed seeing as that's the universal speed limit(i know it's comics but still) & he doesn't have access to extra dimensional energies like the speed force and such. Unless an argument can be made for his flight power working like a warp drive which then could facilitate him moving ftl.

Heat vision - At full intensity should burn upto little more than surface of the sun temperatures comfortably hot enough to melt through anything on earth.

Not thought enough about other super sensory powers but comfortable with levels so far, no more no less.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@heavenlydarkdragon: I really don't know why you think Rebirth Superman is weaker than Pre Flashpoint Superman, it's simply not true. Not only are they both the same character, and thus both sets of feats apply, but it's painfully false to say Rebirth Superman is weaker than Bryne Superman. Rebirth Superman shrugged off a 10 megaton explosion without a scratch.

Whereas Bryne Superman was flat out KOed by a 40 megaton bomb for half an hour.

Clearly Rebirth Superman isn't nearly as weak as Bryne Superman.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Don't blame me. Blame the writers.

Pre-Flashpoint Superman could've survived inside Earth's core without breaking a sweat. Hell, in For Tomorrow he basically said he could break the planet to pieces with his bare hands.

When fighting Khyber not only was Superman severely weakened by Khyber nanomachines, but he was launched with such strength against Earth crost that the planet almost broke apart. And Superman survived for years inside Earth core. That was pre-Flashpoint Superman.

The same pre-Flashpoint Superman that fought Imperiex and Brainiac 13. The same Superman that was able to fight off a human turned Doomsday with kryptonite bones, even though he was already weakened by the previous kryptonite exposure. But almost got himself killed twice at very least, fighting a Doomsday that for all intended purposes was the first version he fought against with the minor detail he was seemingly a little smarter.

So when I say he seems weaker than Bryne version I'm just comparing what pre-Flashpoint Superman did and Rebirth Superman isn't able to do.

Didn't this supposed pre-Flashpoint Superman said that he almost died destroying those spheres that were inside the outercore? That's something I'd expect to hear from Byrne version. The same one that when he used that spacial rift to return to the Earth solar system, said that if his powers weren't stronger (because of the altered kryptonite that was filtered by the Eradicator body) he might have not survived the extreme forces of the rift.

I just find it strange that I know you know all of this, the thing you defended the most about pre-Flashpoint was continuity, and now that writers don't even respect that continuity you just let it slide.

If they were gonna make Rebirth Superman weaker, then at least they could've used the atomic disaster that was Truth and Savage Dawn and say that like Kara, pre-Flashpoint Superman had also been affected, by having his powers diminished.

From what I saw today in a review video, it seems Jon is on a fast track to surpass dear old dad. Not only is his heat vision already strong enough to seriously hurt Superman, but if I'm not mistaken he's already faster than Superman. I mean, once he gets his invulnerability, the son is gonna surpass the father while he's still a kid.

Another thing that maybe it should worry you. After all making his son already that powerful... It almost seems they want to kill Superman and make his kid orphan of father with only Lois to raise him.

They're not gonna do it, but it almost seems that way.

If the idea was to put Clark in a similar situation to that of Bruce, then DC is failing on all fronts. At best Jon should only possess physical powers and very weak underdeveloped energetic kryptonian powers.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't mind seeing him at silver age levels again TBH.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: yessss! I'm with you there. And to all the haters of me saying post crisis superman if need be can always sundip or soak up more rays in space saying if would take too long and the planet would be destroyed let's not forget peak post crisis Superman WAS FTL

I would give superman ftl speed, planetary strength, durability etc etc without any external amp. He can sundip when required. Btw, aren't post crisis and pre FP supermen the same? It kinda confuses me sometimes. Pre FP superman is the one who becomes SPOM iirc. What level would you prefer SPOM at?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Don't blame me. Blame the writers.

Pre-Flashpoint Superman could've survived inside Earth's core without breaking a sweat. Hell, in For Tomorrow he basically said he could break the planet to pieces with his bare hands.

When fighting Khyber not only was Superman severely weakened by Khyber nanomachines, but he was launched with such strength against Earth crost that the planet almost broke apart. And Superman survived for years inside Earth core. That was pre-Flashpoint Superman.

The same pre-Flashpoint Superman that fought Imperiex and Brainiac 13. The same Superman that was able to fight off a human turned Doomsday with kryptonite bones, even though he was already weakened by the previous kryptonite exposure. But almost got himself killed twice at very least, fighting a Doomsday that for all intended purposes was the first version he fought against with the minor detail he was seemingly a little smarter.

So when I say he seems weaker than Bryne version I'm just comparing what pre-Flashpoint Superman did and Rebirth Superman isn't able to do.

Didn't this supposed pre-Flashpoint Superman said that he almost died destroying those spheres that were inside the outercore? That's something I'd expect to hear from Byrne version. The same one that when he used that spacial rift to return to the Earth solar system, said that if his powers weren't stronger (because of the altered kryptonite that was filtered by the Eradicator body) he might have not survived the extreme forces of the rift.

I just find it strange that I know you know all of this, the thing you defended the most about pre-Flashpoint was continuity, and now that writers don't even respect that continuity you just let it slide.

If they were gonna make Rebirth Superman weaker, then at least they could've used the atomic disaster that was Truth and Savage Dawn and say that like Kara, pre-Flashpoint Superman had also been affected, by having his powers diminished.

From what I saw today in a review video, it seems Jon is on a fast track to surpass dear old dad. Not only is his heat vision already strong enough to seriously hurt Superman, but if I'm not mistaken he's already faster than Superman. I mean, once he gets his invulnerability, the son is gonna surpass the father while he's still a kid.

Another thing that maybe it should worry you. After all making his son already that powerful... It almost seems they want to kill Superman and make his kid orphan of father with only Lois to raise him.

They're not gonna do it, but it almost seems that way.

If the idea was to put Clark in a similar situation to that of Bruce, then DC is failing on all fronts. At best Jon should only possess physical powers and very weak underdeveloped energetic kryptonian powers.

What did you mean by that ? Jon is faster than Clark when latter was at Jon's age or he is already faster than our current supes?

I was like "what the ....." when I saw rebirth superman struggling at earth's core. He should have stayed there without breaking a sweat. I think the writers would bring him back to his previous levels soon. It was probably WIS, or I like to believe it that way.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Superman was unabashedly top dog,he was Hella powerful,and he was finding new ways to use his powers,while gaining new ones at the same time.he was the closest thing we had to silver age superman.we need a superman who is the obvious powerhouse in the DCU.

Nuperman is probably silver age superman,after the convergence team changed COIE things.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over 9000

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel:

What did you mean by that ? Jon is faster than Clark when latter was at Jon's age or he is already faster than our current supes?

I was like "what the ....." when I saw rebirth superman struggling at earth's core. He should have stayed there without breaking a sweat. I think the writers would bring him back to his previous levels soon. It was probably WIS, or I like to believe it that way.

I believe it was on Action Comics most recent comic, or this week comic. We see Jon and Kal doing a little father son race, to see who gets home faster. Jon still can't fly or he can't control his flying ability, so he races, while Superman flies.

When Superman arrives at home Jon is already there with a smirk on his face. Also while running I don't know if he was simply boasting or stating a fact, but Jon says "Not even The Flash can catch me" and Superman did looked truthfully surprised when he sees Jon had arrived home faster than him.

So regardless of what he said about the Flash, he was faster than Superman. There's no doubt or loop hole in that feat.

So we have Jon who's heat vision his already strong enough to seriously burn Superman back, when he was trying to help his father, and also he's already faster. All he lack is his invulnerability and son might very well surpass father very soon.

Here... The scan I was shown in the review I read.

No Caption Provided
@stephens2177 said:

New 52 Superman was unabashedly top dog,he was Hella powerful,and he was finding new ways to use his powers,while gaining new ones at the same time.he was the closest thing we had to silver age superman.we need a superman who is the obvious powerhouse in the DCU.

Nuperman is probably silver age superman,after the convergence team changed COIE things.

Yes. He was without a doubt far more powerful than Convergence/Rebirth Superman.

Although he had a lot of one time powers due mainly to the writers, he was able to use Microwave Vision and Gamma Vision. This Superman well... I seriously doubt writers are gonna show him doing anything even remotely original, seeing the top order around DC seems to be to deviate as little as possible from what pre-Flashpoint was. And thus I don't expect this Superman to surprise me in any way. The only thing that as surprised me is his knowledge of previous events that obviously don't match the original stories and also how much more weaker he is compared to the real pre-Flashpoint Superman.

And I say "real" because his feats are set in the stone of the history of comic books. So people can't argue what was, they can only argue what is. And Rebirth Superman is obviously less powerful than pre-Flashpoint Superman. So if they are supposed to be the same person somewhere someone, lost a memo reguarding what pre-Flashpoint Superman power levels were.

Also like specially Wraith shown. Nuperman lacked most of all training and experience. The way Wraith used his powers, he basically said that everything he was able to do Superman should also be able to do, but he simply didn't knew how. Which is always sad and infurriating when I see writers write Superman saying "See! He could do much more things than just the regular powers you've seen time and time again. But he doesn't use them because we don't want him to be too powerful."

And yes. New52 Superman was the closest we got to a Superman that was closer to Silver Age Superman level and powers, minus the incredible stupid stories. Like sending the blast of an explosion back in time, kind of stupidity.

I really don't get why this Ruperman is weaker than the pre-Flashpoint version. It's almost like people at DC are at odds with each other. Where some want to show that they don't agree with Johns move, by making this Ruperman seem like not pre-Flashpoint Superman.

People can say "But Jurgens as said that Rebirth Superman is the same one of the pre-Flashpoint timeline". Yes he did said that, but obviously not everyone in DC seems to agree with him. Because they can't make him weaker now and stronger down the line, without making it look like an asspull.

And now by having his kid seemingly already surpassing his father in some aspects... What kind of father son relationship will that look like!? At least Bruce wehen he took someone under his wing, his students have to work their asses off to try and reach Bruce's level. Jon on the other hand is already starting to surpass his father without any effort at all. Normally when I see writers do stuff like this, is to a) create friction between teacher and student (in this case father and son) b) to make it easier for that character to rebel against the other, after all he sees he's becoming more powerful than his father, how long until he starts to disobey him c) makes him a better weapon to be manipulated and used against his father

All cliché moves. But moves that I see writers repeat over and over again. Like they're trying to teach the readers some deep lesson.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

New 52 Superman only bench-pressed the weight of a Planet for 5 days, not a week.

Either way I like him at Post-Crisis levels, maybe a tad above.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they put superdad at Byrne levels,and Jon is supposed to be closer to later post flashpoint levels.

I miss nupermans power dominance.