ok as long as they count digital as interest for Storm

Avatar image for pattilabellestormfan
PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This first issue was incredible!! I loved it!!! I can't wait for next months issue ugh hurry up August 23rd! I hope she gets an annual too. The real ones that are 64 pages not these regular sized annuals they sell now. (Amazing xmen annual was a complete waste of $5 for nothing really smh)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This first issue was incredible!! I loved it!!! I can't wait for next months issue ugh hurry up August 23rd! I hope she gets an annual too. The real ones that are 64 pages not these regular sized annuals they sell now. (Amazing xmen annual was a complete waste of $5 for nothing really smh)

i'm glad you liked it! :p

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

OMG the issue was amazing and Storm has so many feats just from this one issue. I'm so looking forward to see what else Pax has up his sleeve.

omg share!!!!!

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By Roddy010

@malachi_munroe said:

@roddy010 said:

OMG the issue was amazing and Storm has so many feats just from this one issue. I'm so looking forward to see what else Pax has up his sleeve.

omg share!!!!!

We had Storm subconsciously agitating molecules to produce heat, liberating a city wide village from crooked law enforcement single handidly, she literally slept in a storm and woke up the next morning back in Africa. Creep is also a pretty cool character inteoduced in the series.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@roddy010: errmagerd!!!!!!!! how the heck did she sleep in a storm!? :O

No Caption Provided

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: After an altercation with Creep she just flew up into the skies and created a storm. She flew up to the top and the next panel it was morning and she was in Africa.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: i think that may have been a new application to her powerset .. Greg is basically saying "this woman is so bada$$ she sleeps in the skies without falling" XD

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@roddy010 said:

@malachi_munroe: After an altercation with Creep she just flew up into the skies and created a storm. She flew up to the top and the next panel it was morning and she was in Africa.

I like Creep even if I haven't read Storm #1 yet. :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: i think that may have been a new application to her powerset .. Greg is basically saying "this woman is so bada$$ she sleeps in the skies without falling" XD

Lol But I love that idea malachi. Never thought of that. :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

I loved this. She let the wether respond to her inner needs/desires and it took her where she needed to be. I want t osee this repeated :-).

So will you be updating the feats thread OP? Or are we adding it to the current page?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

I loved this. She let the wether respond to her inner needs/desires and it took her where she needed to be. I want t osee this repeated :-).

So will you be updating the feats thread OP? Or are we adding it to the current page?

just woke up :p .. i think its a power upgrade ish .. considering she actually slept without plummeting to her death..

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I don't recall if she was shown sleeping on panel but it did indicate that the weather took her to where needed to be, so she definitely was not concentrating on flying to a destination, but the weather responded to her subconscious needs.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

I assumed she slept since she said ,"I let the Storm carry me all night." And the next panel it morning with her finding herself where she wanted to be but you are definitely right about her subconscious working in her need.

I would love to add these to the feats thread but I don't have the scans to upload them. Maybe you or SC can provide them via pm?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@roddy010: thanks to all trusty google and TB .. i have a few .. tell me which do you want

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@roddy010 said:

I assumed she slept since she said ,"I let the Storm carry me all night." And the next panel it morning with her finding herself where she wanted to be but you are definitely right about her subconscious working in her need.

I would love to add these to the feats thread but I don't have the scans to upload them. Maybe you or SC can provide them via pm?

No problem sir :-). I'll send them to you when I get home.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@roddy010 said:

@malachi_munroe: Send me all you got ;)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

these three should be obvious, and i think her reminiscing can go towards her Connections section, as it is another instance where she physically feels pain due to the elemental forces at work.

This one, courtesy of @thunderbolt30 very refined wind control, blowing away goons+tanks down a narrow street crowded with people and houses and only her targets were affected while she was being shot at.

i have no idea why she's bullet timing XD
i have no idea why she's bullet timing XD
molecular control over air(proof that she can manipulate the elements directly without energy albeit this was unintentional) .. accidentally heating the room
molecular control over air(proof that she can manipulate the elements directly without energy albeit this was unintentional) .. accidentally heating the room

anyone else here knew that she could smell magic? .. and to her dark magic smells like rotting flesh?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

THIS SOLO IS SOOO GOOD!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@malachi_munroe: Re-posting over here since it pertains to the over all solo series...tweeted image from Daniel Ketchum for Storm #2:

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Re-posting over here since it pertains to the over all solo series...tweeted image from Daniel Ketchum for Storm #2:

No Caption Provided

Why is Storm even using her powers? She can beat Callisto without using her powers.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Good question maybe that rod callisto is using is absorbing her lighting......IDK

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@thunderbolt30 said:

No Caption Provided

this looks so AWESOME! .. august to come is another repeat of how we waited for July,23rd lmao our sanity finna be going soon XD

i still can't get over that windburst .. i be like

No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: That wind blast gave me LIFE! I loved it. We have seen her winds handle passenger jets, the blackbird, fuel tanker, and a tank before IIRC. But seeing her sending 14 armed attackers + 3 tanks with ease :-)...I am hoping Pak continues to explore her air-based abilties a lot more.

@jhazzroucher: I'm not sure why she is. She can definitely take Callisto H2H in a good fight. Pak explained that Callisto is coming back in a "new way" so we may see something from her that may requre that Storm uses her powers. But yes, H2H wise, Storm should take a clear majority over Callisto.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: That wind blast gave me LIFE! I loved it. We have seen her winds handle passenger jets, the blackbird, fuel tanker, and a tank before IIRC. But seeing her sending 14 armed attackers + 3 tanks with ease :-)...I am hoping Pak continues to explore her air-based abilties a lot more.

@jhazzroucher: I'm not sure why she is. She can definitely take Callisto H2H in a good fight. Pak explained that Callisto is coming back in a "new way" so we may see something from her that may requre that Storm uses her powers. But yes, H2H wise, Storm should take a clear majority over Callisto.

"you think guns and tanks will save you!? BE GONE INSECTS!" ( in her temp extremes section .. don't forget to include how she was frozen by iceman"

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By jhazzroucher

More power to Storm's ongoing!

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone else still high on storm? or is it just me? heheh :3

stormivycarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am still high I think I read the comic like ten times already and made everybody in the house read it as well. IN STORM WE TRUST!!!!

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

I am still high I think I read the comic like ten times already and made everybody in the house read it as well. IN STORM WE TRUST!!!!

lmaooooo! thats my new motto!!! i love it!

No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this. Yes I am still on the Storm #1 high.

@All has anyone seen the Storm #2 variant cover? And if so can you post or provide the link?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: jhazz has seen it .. but he's teasing us again :/

I don't believe him. If he had it he would/should have posted it.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@malachi_munroe said:

well .. if he likes a tease.............

stare at the
stare at the "bazoongas" @jhazzroucher

now show us the cover!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This has to be the most energetic thread on this site, haha.

I just wanted to add my excitement to this party. Instantly a favourite title, and if Pak continues like this, I will have to reassess my thoughts on him as a writer. There is no doubt that he has a firm understanding of Ororo.

There was nothing to dislike in this issue at all. Bringing Callisto into the mix so early is surprising, but also pretty cool. Maybe there will be some interaction with the new X-Force book since Marrow is out that way, but anyway, still nice to see Storm's past being referred to.

Carry on, this thread is fun to read.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

Well. I was telling the truth, Hahaha.

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

well .. if he likes a tease.............

stare at the
stare at the "bazoongas" @jhazzroucher

now show us the cover!

Awesome malachi! :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

This has to be the most energetic thread on this site, haha.

I just wanted to add my excitement to this party. Instantly a favourite title, and if Pak continues like this, I will have to reassess my thoughts on him as a writer. There is no doubt that he has a firm understanding of Ororo.

There was nothing to dislike in this issue at all. Bringing Callisto into the mix so early is surprising, but also pretty cool. Maybe there will be some interaction with the new X-Force book since Marrow is out that way, but anyway, still nice to see Storm's past being referred to.

Carry on, this thread is fun to read.

That's great to know that you like Storm's solo. I was not really confident about Pak writing Storm's solo at first but after seeing him on interviews about the Storm solo, I could see on his face that he really put his heart on his work. He did well with Storm #1. I hope he'll continue to impress the readers and most especially to the Storm fans. :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: please continue to join in the chat :-). It is good to hear that this book has been pretty well received, and the reviews are mostly positive. I'm counting down to next issue. It'll be rough having to wait until 8/20/14.

PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I'm going to go insane waiting till the end of each month now for the next issue! Ugh I'm on such a storm high. I've gone and brought all the uncanny x-men omnibus collections and all the issues after. So basically I bought giant sized xmen, #94-#223. I have te rest after that. That's how high I am on storm right now lol! I'm on a reading frenzy.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I'm going to go insane waiting till the end of each month now for the next issue! Ugh I'm on such a storm high. I've gone and brought all the uncanny x-men omnibus collections and all the issues after. So basically I bought giant sized xmen, #94-#223. I have te rest after that. That's how high I am on storm right now lol! I'm on a reading frenzy.

Yasss you are a Storm hungry beast :-D! Love that. You have a LOT of reading to do lol, but I don't blame you. The Storm solo book has been so exciting and invigorating for fans that have been reading quite a few posts and reviews of fans looking to delve back into the X-verse and get caught up on all things Storm. I'm feeling you that Storm high and the sense of "ugh..." having to wait for our next fix. How I wish this was a bi-monthly book, but issue #2 is not out until 8/20/14.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: the suspense of it all .. i SWEAR! some evil bish at marvel is doing this with the intent to kill us all from heart attacks or goddess deficiency

PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I'm hoping the books arrive tomorrow. I ordered them Tuesday. I've of course seen most of them in various collections but I never owned them. Most are too expensive now. So this is the next best thing. Next week I'll probably order the other omnibus that had jim lee's first issues in UXM. That'll cover #244-269 (though I have 244-248 already but I can it's not a big deal). That'll take care basically of all the storm glory years because I already own #270-306. So in essence I'll have the entire 1975-1993 collection lol!

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does anyone know how much the solo sold or did they not post the sales numbers yet?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: no #'s yet. We won't him get the sales until next month, between 8/10 and 8/15 is usually the time Comichron posts the sakes for the prior month.