Why isn't he anywhere near as strong as the Thing?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

They are both made out of rock and are about the same size. So why does the Thing have class 100 strength and Rockslide only have class 5?
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

ive never even heard of rock slide but its kinda like asking why is Professor X a stronger telepath than anyone else. the same power varies between ppl would be my first guess

Chaos Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chaos Rosso

The Thing is the F4's strength guy.He's an original Marvel Titan.The X-men have Colossus.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By The_Martian

Thing is not made from Rock. He has a hard orange skin that resembles rock. So they are not made from the same stuff either.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SUNMAN

Thing does not also crumble when things get really tough

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

Yeah, that's my thought. Rockslide crumbles too easily. Enough force and he breaks apart, luckily he can pull himself back together. Maybe he just needs to break up around stronger rock to pull himself together again. So basically Thing is rocklike but much stronger than any rock on Earth while Rockslide is made up of earth rock.

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figure its because thing has muscle under his rock-like exterior while Rockslide is all rock. Also thing is tougher.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Rockslide's just a teenager. He'll likely get stronger.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

Rockslide isn't the same as the Thing.  Rockslide is a psionic being who constructs a physical body out of stone.  Thing is a physical being made of orange rock-like substance.  Similar, but not the same.  Also, Thing did have years of wrestling experience before Rockslide was even born ;) 

But this would be a fun fight to see, if Marvel ever thought of moving their mutants off Utopia ever again :p

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The WeatherMan

If this was a fight, Thing would mop up the floor with Rockslide. Seriously though, just by looking at Rockslide I would give him at least 30 tons of strength, not just 5...
Hi I'm New

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hi I'm New

Rockslide lacks the musculature underneath the rock to give him thing level strength. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

Because he's still a kid and because a character doesn't automatically get equal power to another character just by being similar to him/her.
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#13  Edited By AssertingValor

Thing has gotten stronger thanks to special equipment made for him by Reed..........................
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator

Wow, as a person made of rock, I am offended you just assume that all rock people are strong. Do you assume all white people really lack the ability to jump? That all Asian people know kung fu? That all old people are senior citizens? Why not ask why Anole isn't as strong as Thing huh? Oh wait, he is green, so why isn't he as strong as the Hulk eh? 

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

It's because the Thing has Brooklyn rage.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crackerjack82
@SC said:
" Wow, as a person made of rock, I am offended you just assume that all rock people are strong. Do you assume all white people really lack the ability to jump? That all Asian people know kung fu? That all old people are senior citizens? Why not ask why Anole isn't as strong as Thing huh? Oh wait, he is green, so why isn't he as strong as the Hulk eh?  "
you forgot about the mole people,
Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strength is not always the determining factor in a superhero battle. What counts as much if not even more is battle experience and fighting spirit(what used to be termed "moxie" by Americans), therefore the Thing or even Colossus would/could defeat Rockslide; they after all have been around the block more than he has!

Terry