Your Definition of "Justice", should the punishment fit the crime or should all crimes be treated the same?

• 112 results
Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@MKF30 said:
"

He's God, that's good enough reason.... is it not? You're acting as if God does evil deeds...

Justice in this case has nothing to do with religion or war here(what I'm asking)....if anything I referred to comicbook heroes/vigilantes however. I can see it but you apparenty miss the point of this thread but you can think whatever you wish, I'm not going to force nor argue with you. Just saying for future reference, please post concerning the topic(that goes for everyone) 

Yes, Justice again is what I'm asking everyone here about not "if something is justified"(such as war or what god asks) in the case that you and someone else brought up... 

Also, keep in mind the OT God was very harsh, mean while the NT god is very forgiving and nothing of the sort. 

"
Okay, that's my problem. I'm done here.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By MKF30

You're entitled, as am I. My issue with that is I would not defy the very being and reason for my own existence... 

That is all I'm going to say concerning that. You have your views, I have mine. 

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@MKF30 said:
"

You're entitled, as am I. My issue with that is I would not defy the very being and reason for my own existence... 

That is all I'm going to say concerning that. You have your views, I have mine. 

"
If he ask me do defy the moral fiber of my being, you better believe I will defy him with all that I am.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MKF30

Curious, do you feel the same way about the devil? Because I'm sure he'd love you ;) since Lucifer also defied God...

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@MKF30 said:
"

Curious, do you feel the same way about the devil? Because I'm sure he'd love you ;) since Lucifer also defied God...

"
The devil (if there is on) in firmly in the will of god. He is simple god agent, nothing more.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MKF30

The devil is not an agent of God(where did you hear that? lol)...he was a fallen angel that decided to defy god....I should know being a Christian.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Caseby case basis.
And who decides exactly what constitutes a punishment that fits the crime?

@Xavier St. Cloud said:

" @CATMANEXE: Its simple if your IQ is under 100, I shoot you in the head from point blank.  One failed standard issue IQ test made by me, to co inside with my ideal world. If your score is under 100, out of a possible 300, which my score would be, because I am the creator of the said test, and I know all the correct responses, I take a cheap 22 round and blow your brains out.  People who score a 100/159, are called Work in progress on their case files, People who score 160/229 are called Adequate on their case files, and people who score 230/300, are called the New Gods on their case files and are in my inner circle, if one of them wants to challenge me, for my throne, it is withen their right, under law. We will fight to the death in Mortal Kombat.   "
You spelt coincide wrong.
Let me go get my gun......
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@MKF30: The act of angel falling is just laughable being that they are all just extensions of gods will.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MKF30

If you believe that, you're sadly mistaken because those who carry out God's will DO NOT defy God....they follow him.   

Therefore if you choose to defy God you aren't extensions or anything remotely like God.... 

ahh 
so you answered my question....

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@MKF30: Someone has to do the work of the devil, who else then the one god has chosen for the job.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MKF30

That makes no sense....God didn't choose him to become the devil, Lucifer is a fallen angel and did so all on his own so he felt God's wrath.... 

He USED to be an agent of God til he chose to defy him...when you go against something, you're not a representive of it....  

It's simple really, you can be a server of God in the eternal kingdom or try to rule in hell..... 

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@MKF30: So you say god didn't know he was going to fall? allow him to fall? That the devil defied god and got away with it?
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MKF30

Who said he got away with it? Being banished to hell as oppose to remaining in heaven by God's side sounds like punishment to me... 

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@MKF30: He's still in existence, and as the saying go a king in hell instead of a servant in heaven. Even in you belief he has purpose, he has meaning and its a meaning god foresaw and most likely would have implemented. And he did allow him to fall and move his troops, otherwise god would have just eradicated him.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MKF30

Who said the Devil didn't exist? I said he was banished for turning against God, I never said he never existed... lol Just because God foresaw that doesn't mean he's the same as God though....you seem to not be understanding or seeing that which is all I'm saying for whatever reason....  

And again, he USED to follow God when he was still an angel BEFORE he chose to defy God....Lucifer never followed God since the day he chose to defy God.  

BTW, aren't you an Atheist anyway?

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@MKF30: This is never going to end and I am bored of my words being either misinterpreted or reinterpreted so I will be the one to end it. But I leave you with Montaigne's axiom "Nothing is so firmly believed as that which least is know".
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MKF30

Well, like I said before obviously you have your own interpretation of things and won't be trying to force anything onto you nor flame you(like some others on here tend to do) so no worries. ;) 

Carry on. Anyone else have any thoughts on the Justice Topic? Post it here :)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@MKF30 said:
"

That makes no sense....God didn't choose him to become the devil, Lucifer is a fallen angel and did so all on his own so he felt God's wrath.... 

He USED to be an agent of God til he chose to defy him...when you go against something, you're not a representive of it....  

It's simple really, you can be a server of God in the eternal kingdom or try to rule in hell..... 

"
here is the problem... God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent... if he be all these things... its sort of hard for something to get past him... now Lucifer was indeed intended to be a Good Servant of Jehovah... but in time his true nature would unfold... the thing is if God be Omniscient ( all knowing or the act of knowing everything )... he should have known far beforehand what was to become of Lucifer even before he betrayed the Lord... so knowing what Lucifer was to become ( Satan, the Father of Lies... the Murderer... etc etc. ) he knew in fact of the Evil that he would bring upon the earth... meaning God was in turn responsible for evil... for even though Lucifer can the free will to choose right and wrong... God knew beforehand exactly what he was gonna do before he did it...  

also I would ask you to look at a passage in the Old Testament in Isaiah... its Isaiah 45:7 " I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace and I create evil ; I the lord do all these things "... ( thats from the King James Bible... now some other Bibles may have different translations... or even some bible scholar may have a better explanation of what is being said here... though the passage seems pretty straightforward to me... and as someone who reads this religious text quite often... it seems like God is saying all things come from him Good and Evil )
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@MKF30 said:
"

Who said the Devil didn't exist? I said he was banished for turning against God, I never said he never existed... lol Just because God foresaw that doesn't mean he's the same as God though....you seem to not be understanding or seeing that which is all I'm saying for whatever reason....  

And again, he USED to follow God when he was still an angel BEFORE he chose to defy God....Lucifer never followed God since the day he chose to defy God.  

BTW, aren't you an Atheist anyway?

"
Just replying to this last part. I'm Agnostic actually.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MKF30

Ok ^.

@King Saturn...well Either way regardless if God knew or not, God dealt with Lucifer and thus why he was banished to Hell for his defiance. He wanted to take over, rule with the being that created him....which is most likely why there is a Heaven as well as a Hell.  

You do good things or try, you go to heaven. Evil deeds or bad things without remorse, you go to hell. The fact that God created everything is different then the Devil and God being the same since they're not, but I see what you're trying to say there..    afterall I'm a Christian as well so for any true Christian to think God and the Devil are the same is ridiculous obviously.

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@King Saturn said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

"
here is the problem... God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent... if he be all these things... its sort of hard for something to get past him... now Lucifer was indeed intended to be a Good Servant of Jehovah... but in time his true nature would unfold... the thing is if God be Omniscient ( all knowing or the act of knowing everything )... he should have known far beforehand what was to become of Lucifer even before he betrayed the Lord... so knowing what Lucifer was to become ( Satan, the Father of Lies... the Murderer... etc etc. ) he knew in fact of the Evil that he would bring upon the earth... meaning God was in turn responsible for evil... for even though Lucifer can the free will to choose right and wrong... God knew beforehand exactly what he was gonna do before he did it...  

also I would ask you to look at a passage in the Old Testament in Isaiah... its Isaiah 45:7 " I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace and I create evil ; I the lord do all these things "... ( thats from the King James Bible... now some other Bibles may have different translations... or even some bible scholar may have a better explanation of what is being said here... though the passage seems pretty straightforward to me... and as someone who reads this religious text quite often... it seems like God is saying all things come from him Good and Evil )
"
Also on this I was kind of angling at the fact that in both the Jewish and Islamic faith the equivalent to the devil is a servant of the lord and it is there's and all demon's jobs as his agent to tempt us. Some times it is even interpreted that Sammael the angel of death was never cast out but willfully fell because he felt god should not be associated with the angel of death.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MKF30

King Saturn....Speaking of which every Christian should know that that OT God and NT God are interpreted very differently to say the least... 

OT God was darker, meaner according to Bible OT where as the new Testatament he was the opposite, more forgiving, loving and not really vengeful.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@MKF30 said:
"

Ok ^.

@King Saturn...well Either way regardless if God knew or not, God dealt with Lucifer and thus why he was banished to Hell for his defiance. He wanted to take over, rule with the being that created him....which is most likely why there is a Heaven as well as a Hell.  

You do good things or try, you go to heaven. Evil deeds or bad things without remorse, you go to hell. The fact that God created everything is different then the Devil and God being the same since they're not, but I see what you're trying to say there..    afterall I'm a Christian as well so for any true Christian to think God and the Devil are the same is ridiculous obviously.

"
1. yes God did deal with Lucifer... but not Fully unfortunately... he is supposedly waiting until a later time to destroy Satan... though I wonder... wouldnt if have been easier to kill Satan earlier on where he wouldnt have caused so much damage to Mankind as well as God would not have to Sacrifice Yeshua to give redemption unto Mankind...  

2. this is fair to an extent... though I would ask... does the Finite Crimes of Man deserve Infinite Punishment ? is that really Justice ? 

@TheNooseIsLoose said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

"

"
Also on this I was kind of angling at the fact that in both the Jewish and Islamic faith the equivalent to the devil is a servant of the lord and it is there's and all demon's jobs as his agent to tempt us. Some times it is even interpreted that Sammael the angel of death was never cast out but willfully fell because he felt god should not be associated with the angel of death. "
good points... even in the Christian Faith... Satan did bargain with Jehovah in a way that an Agent would his Employer during the story of Job... lol
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@King Saturn said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

Ok ^.

"
1. yes God did deal with Lucifer... but not Fully unfortunately... he is supposedly waiting until a later time to destroy Satan... though I wonder... wouldnt if have been easier to kill Satan earlier on where he wouldnt have caused so much damage to Mankind as well as God would not have to Sacrifice Yeshua to give redemption unto Mankind...  

2. this is fair to an extent... though I would ask... does the Finite Crimes of Man deserve Infinite Punishment ? is that really Justice ?
If god is truly omnipotent as he is believed to be he could simply erase the devil from existence whenever he wanted. So its easy enough to assume he keeps him around because he has purpose as he always will.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@MKF30 said:
"

King Saturn....Speaking of which every Christian should know that that OT God and NT God are interpreted very differently to say the least... 

OT God was darker, meaner according to Bible OT where as the new Testatament he was the opposite, more forgiving, loving and not really vengeful.

"
though its true that the OT God is interpreted differently then the NT God... they are still the same God... and if anything, the way Revelation is layed out at the end of the NT... the way The Lord and the Angels attack all that is in the Earth with various Supernatural Disasters... that seemed more like the vengeful God of the OT then the merciful one... 

also I would say check out Matthew 5 : 17 - 18... there you will see Jesus himself say I have come not to do away with the Law and the Prophets but to Fulfill the Law... he also goes on to say in verse 18 that Heaven and Earth will pass away before a jot or tittle pass from the Law... until all is fulfilled... ( basically God is saying, the Laws of the Old Testament stand and I have come not to detour them ) and some of the stuff in the Old Testament Yahweh allowed and commanded will make your head spin... 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MKF30

@King Saturn, well perhaps God has his reasons as they say he works in mysterious ways for doing so(speaking of you waiting until later for doing so), still for the time being at least Hell is Hell and that's forever and definitely not fun from everything I've read. Heaven is also Forever but with God, then there's limbo in some cases where you can move either way which I'm sure you're familiar with. I don't know what division of christianity you are but I'm Roman Catholic Christian so they went into that a bit as well when I went to C.C.D. 

As for your second question since that is more about this topic afterall, you raise a good point but personally I think it depends on the crime/sin. Thing is, I'm asking everyone more so from a general perspective or more from a comic influence rather then a religious outcome in the afterlife, know what I mean? Since God will judge us all one day as to where our souls will be. Now this more or less asking how just us as mortals on Earth(lifeforms in general) should be handled and how Justice should be served. 

With OT God and NT God, it is the same God but that doesn't mean he didn't/couldn't change. Clark Kent and Superman are the same person but one side is totally different then the other(not no worries not comparing Superman to God lol but just the personality factor as an analogy here) so surely you hear what I'm saying. Yeah, the OT and NT have very different interpretations of God but ultimately he's good, just had two different ways of going about it with OT as oppose to NT the idea I got from that when I went to school about it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@TheNooseIsLoose said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

Ok ^.

"

If god is truly omnipotent as he is believed to be he could simply erase the devil from existence whenever he wanted. So its easy enough to assume he keeps him around because he has purpose as he always will. "
good points... though the latter runs counter to what is believe in the Bible Texts... I understand what you are saying
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@King Saturn said:
" @TheNooseIsLoose said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

Ok ^.

"

If god is truly omnipotent as he is believed to be he could simply erase the devil from existence whenever he wanted. So its easy enough to assume he keeps him around because he has purpose as he always will. "
good points... though the latter runs counter to what is believe in the Bible Texts... I understand what you are saying "
Eh, I never let the bible limit my view of reality before so why start now.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@MKF30 said:

" @King Saturn, well perhaps God has his reasons as they say he works in mysterious ways for doing so(speaking of you waiting until later for doing so), still for the time being at least Hell is Hell and that's forever and definitely not fun from everything I've read. Heaven is also Forever but with God, then there's limbo in some cases where you can move either way which I'm sure you're familiar with. I don't know what division of christianity you are but I'm Roman Catholic Christian so they went into that a bit as well when I went to C.C.D.  As for your second question since that is more about this topic afterall, you raise a good point but personally I think it depends on the crime/sin. Thing is, I'm asking everyone more so from a general perspective or more from a comic influence rather then a religious outcome in the afterlife, know what I mean? Since God will judge us all one day as to where our souls will be. Now this more or less asking how just us as mortals on Earth(lifeforms in general) should be handled and how Justice should be served. "

1. maybe... as far as what form of Christianity I am with... I would say N/A... I am with the Cosmic God Theology teachings... we have certain aspects of Christianity in our belief system though... 
2.  I believe all crimes are not on the same level... you cant tell me stealing candy is equal to a man raping a 5 year old child... certain crimes should have much more serious punishments for their acts than others... this is how I would hope it is during the Justice of God on Man... but who really knows besides him... 
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@King Saturn: Cosmic God Theology? I've studied a ton of religions but I've never heard of that one.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@TheNooseIsLoose said:
" @King Saturn: Cosmic God Theology? I've studied a ton of religions but I've never heard of that one. "
thats because its relatively new... and I started it up about 5 months ago... lol
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@TheNooseIsLoose said: 
good points... though the latter runs counter to what is believe in the Bible Texts... I understand what you are saying "
Eh, I never let the bible limit my view of reality before so why start now. "
understood... though the Bible seems to be the text that was more relevant here due to the participants of this discussion... 
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#83  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@King Saturn said:
"@MKF30 said:

" @King Saturn, well perhaps God has his reasons as they say he works in mysterious ways for doing so(speaking of you waiting until later for doing so), still for the time being at least Hell is Hell and that's forever and definitely not fun from everything I've read. Heaven is also Forever but with God, then there's limbo in some cases where you can move either way which I'm sure you're familiar with. I don't know what division of christianity you are but I'm Roman Catholic Christian so they went into that a bit as well when I went to C.C.D.  As for your second question since that is more about this topic afterall, you raise a good point but personally I think it depends on the crime/sin. Thing is, I'm asking everyone more so from a general perspective or more from a comic influence rather then a religious outcome in the afterlife, know what I mean? Since God will judge us all one day as to where our souls will be. Now this more or less asking how just us as mortals on Earth(lifeforms in general) should be handled and how Justice should be served. "

1. maybe... as far as what form of Christianity I am with... I would say N/A... I am with the Cosmic God Theology teachings... we have certain aspects of Christianity in our belief system though... 
2.  I believe all crimes are not on the same level... you cant tell me stealing candy is equal to a man raping a 5 year old child... certain crimes should have much more serious punishments for their acts than others... this is how I would hope it is during the Justice of God on Man... but who really knows besides him...  "

It is human to judge sins/crimes and grade them as more or less.  In Gods eyes no sin is greater than any other, and all can be forgiven.  All sin comes from the enemy (Satan) and is not of God... There are only two sides to the coin, Good/Evil, God/Satan, Righteousness/Sinner.  We are all sinners, we are not all righteous men however.  I am a christian, I belive we can only be saved of our sins by the blood of the son, I do not think, I can make it to heaven all on my own.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@MKF30 said:

2.  I believe all crimes are not on the same level... you cant tell me stealing candy is equal to a man raping a 5 year old child... certain crimes should have much more serious punishments for their acts than others... this is how I would hope it is during the Justice of God on Man... but who really knows besides him...  "
It is human to judge sins/crimes and grade them as more or less.  In Gods eyes no sin is greater than any other, and all can be forgiven.  All sin comes from the enemy (Satan) and is not of God... There are only two sides to the coin, Good/Evil, God/Satan, Righteousness/Sinner.  We are all sinners, we are not all righteous men however.  I am a christian, I belive we can only be saved of our sins by the blood of the son, I do not think, I can make it to heaven all on my own. "
read Isaiah 45:7... where God says himself he creates Peace and he creates Evil... all things... Good and Evil come from God... he created the creature who gave us Evil and knew exactly what he was gonna do before he did it through his Omniscience... and you dont think God is in no ways responsible for Evil ? think about it... if God knows everything... he knew what Lucifer would do and how much of a hindrance he would be to Mankind... yet God allows him to do so... and how do you figure Satan is not of God ? who was it that created Satan again ? thats right Jehovah... Satan is of God... cause God created Satan... he is his product still even though he betrayed him...  

secondly... are you really serious about the Sins comment ? do you really think all Sins are equal ? you think Homosexuality is equally as Bad as Murder ? Really ? 
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@MKF30 said:

It is human to judge sins/crimes and grade them as more or less.  In Gods eyes no sin is greater than any other, and all can be forgiven.  All sin comes from the enemy (Satan) and is not of God... There are only two sides to the coin, Good/Evil, God/Satan, Righteousness/Sinner.  We are all sinners, we are not all righteous men however.  I am a christian, I belive we can only be saved of our sins by the blood of the son, I do not think, I can make it to heaven all on my own. "
Everything you have just said has insulted me on a fundamental level.
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@King Saturn said:
" @Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@MKF30 said:

read Isaiah 45:7... where God says himself he creates Peace and he creates Evil... all things... Good and Evil come from God... he created the creature who gave us Evil and knew exactly what he was gonna do before he did it through his Omniscience... and you dont think God is in no ways responsible for Evil ? think about it... if God knows everything... he knew what Lucifer would do and how much of a hindrance he would be to Mankind... yet God allows him to do so... and how do you figure Satan is not of God ? who was it that created Satan again ? thats right Jehovah... Satan is of God... cause God created Satan... he is his product still even though he betrayed him...  

secondly... are you really serious about the Sins comment ? do you really think all Sins are equal ? you think Homosexuality is equally as Bad as Murder ? Really ?  "

God created everything yes good and evil. However it is not God that leads us into sinful acts, Do I think all sins are equal, no I don't, but that is because I am, like you a human. God however does. That is why God is the only true Judge. Sin is sin, in the eyes of God. The crime means nothing, all is sin, and all will be forgiven, if you ask God. You have to really mean it however, and God can tell if you do not mean it, and you are not truely sorry...  Thats just the begining however, not only do you have to ask for forgiveness and mean it, you have to change your ways. If you say you are sorry for something, and then turn around and do it again, you are not really sorry, are you?
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@TheNooseIsLoose said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@MKF30 said:

Everything you have just said has insulted me on a fundamental level. "

It is what I belive too be true, if you do not wish to see my view, than do not choose to see my view, it is that simple. I am not a fan of your point of view either. Does it insult me, no because I do not let it.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#88  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

It's all about dat Batman, Spider-Man, Superman

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@MKF30 said:

secondly... are you really serious about the Sins comment ? do you really think all Sins are equal ? you think Homosexuality is equally as Bad as Murder ? Really ?  "
God created everything yes good and evil. However it is not God that leads us into sinful acts, Do I think all sins are equal, no I don't, but that is because I am, like you a human. God however does. That is why God is the only true Judge. Sin is sin, in the eyes of God. The crime means nothing, all is sin, and all will be forgiven, if you ask God. You have to really mean it however, and God can tell if you do not mean it, and you are not truely sorry...  Thats just the begining however, not only do you have to ask for forgiveness and mean it, you have to change your ways. If you say you are sorry for something, and then turn around and do it again, you are not really sorry, are you? "
If your right about god I think me and Lucy(that's what I call the devil, where cool like that) are going to be really good friends.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Xavier St. Cloud said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @King Saturn said:
"@MKF30 said:

God created everything yes good and evil. However it is not God that leads us into sinful acts, Do I think all sins are equal, no I don't, but that is because I am, like you a human. God however does. That is why God is the only true Judge. Sin is sin, in the eyes of God. The crime means nothing, all is sin, and all will be forgiven, if you ask God. You have to really mean it however, and God can tell if you do not mean it, and you are not truely sorry...  Thats just the begining however, not only do you have to ask for forgiveness and mean it, you have to change your ways. If you say you are sorry for something, and then turn around and do it again, you are not really sorry, are you? "
wait a minute now... we are talking about God creating Lucifer / Satan... now so much our Free Will to choose right and wrong... I am talking specifically about God creating God and Evil and being responsible for both aspects... as for God being judge and holding his own standards for Sin and calling them all evil equally... you are correct... who are we to tell God what sins he can or cant judge on whatever level... but as a human... you still have to wonder this question... Is committing  Finite Crimes worth Infinite Punishment ? if someone chooses not to believe in something... is that really worth Eternal Punishment ? obviously I am not God and cant Judge like he can on the issue... though its still a plausible rational question... cause that doesnt really seem just or fair... Punishment maybe fair for these Crimes committed... but not Infinite Punishment... seems harsh for crimes that only last for a span of 50 - 60 years or so to be punishable by Eternal Torment... seems very harsh IMO
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@King Saturn said:
"@Xavier St. Cloud said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @King Saturn said:
"@MKF30 said:

wait a minute now... we are talking about God creating Lucifer / Satan... now so much our Free Will to choose right and wrong... I am talking specifically about God creating God and Evil and being responsible for both aspects... as for God being judge and holding his own standards for Sin and calling them all evil equally... you are correct... who are we to tell God what sins he can or cant judge on whatever level... but as a human... you still have to wonder this question... Is committing  Finite Crimes worth Infinite Punishment ? if someone chooses not to believe in something... is that really worth Eternal Punishment ? obviously I am not God and cant Judge like he can on the issue... though its still a plausible rational question... cause that doesnt really seem just or fair... Punishment maybe fair for these Crimes committed... but not Infinite Punishment... seems harsh for crimes that only last for a span of 50 - 60 years or so to be punishable by Eternal Torment... seems very harsh IMO
"

Well, I know my place and on this subject, even if I do not find whatever Gods punishment is for any man/woman is fair, I say who am I to Judge God. I may not understand, but I have faith he does, and I have faith that what ever he chooses is true justice, for God is a just God.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MKF30
@King Saturn said:
"@MKF30 said:

Ah ok well I'm going based on Christianity, being a Roman Catholic Christian. So I'm going by the Bible, Christian beliefs God-God/Jesus Christ.

As for your second point, I couldn't agree more with your analogy as I've already said this just using different examples ^ concerning the "should all crimes be treated the same" vs. "let the punishment fit the crime, I don't really disagree with your views there that much... 

I've stated already few pages ago I believe that I'm all for "letting the punishment fit the crime" in our society, meaning if you steal to survive or for hunger reasons especially that's far different then killing someone for fun or harming people for no good reason.... 

Even if someone is a petty thief, they should be treated appropriately to fit their crime... 

Now if someone killed 20 people for kicks then I can see that person being treated with a more extreme punishment to fit that crime... 

So I agree, stealing candy is definitely different then a man raping a 5 year old...however, if the guy has a history of mental illness I may go easier one him but at the same time not using that as an excuse...I'd still want to see him pay but just saying, some people have serious mental issues when they do things, where others are normal(mentally/function wise) but just "disturbed" flat out...and need to be punished for their crimes. With that being said I fall for Choice A. and E. I'd go about crime the way the JLA does but they also at times consider the punishment being appropriate to the crime...

But as for God, he'll judge you in the afterlife which is far past normal human life obviously. But I do see what xavier is saying and am on the same level I'd say, if you're truly sorry God is supposed to forgive you for all your sins, show respect, remorse....really sorry and beg for forgiveness....if not or you try to fool him just to get a ticket into heaven then....that's my outlook on it. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
fair enough I guess... 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By MKF30

Yep, same :) 

Anywho, actually a little surprised there's not more votes for JL and X-Men on here lol given since it's comicvine :P

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#95  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@MKF30 said:
"

Yep, same :) 

Anywho, actually a little surprised there's not more votes for JL and X-Men on here lol given since it's comicvine :P

"
I'm going to hell anyway, so I might as well take the Punisher approach. ;-)
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MKF30

lol, awee roxy don't say that lol. You're so sweet I'm sure you're not going to hell....what bad things could you have possibly done that's hell like?  

Anywho, lol Punisher hmm interesting.
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#97  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@MKF30 said:
" lol, awee roxy don't say that lol. You're so sweet I'm sure you're not going to hell....what bad things could you have possibly done that's hell like?"
I'm a loose woman........and a gossip.
Beast King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Beast King

Everybody who commits a crime should be killed.Now that's justice.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#99  Edited By AtPhantom
@Beast King said:
" Everybody who commits a crime should be killed.Now that's justice. "
That's depopulation. LOL
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts