#1  Edited By Retnex
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Retnex

My PS3 recently broke so I have been playing my PS2 while I wait for it to be fixed. Since then I have discovered I actually enjoyed my PS2 more than I enjoy my PS3. So as I wait, I've decided to try some popular games that I've never gotten to play, since they're cheap now. The only one listed on here that I HAVE played is Nightfire, and I listed it because I loved playing multiplayer on Skyrail with my friends.

God of War would be listed on here, but the PS3 has a collection with both the first and second game on it, so I decided to wait for that.

Games that I have already played: Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 :COM, Spider-Man 2, Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Marvel Rise of the Imperfects, Tony Hawk's Underground 2/American Wasteland, Test Drive EOD, Burnout 3 Takedown, Bully, Destroy All Humans, ect.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Matezoide2

get God Hand,Viewtiful Joe,God of War 1 and 2,Prince of Persia Trilogy,Marvel Ultimate Alliance,Twisted Metal Black

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Caligula

try to find Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner. if not.

then go with Night Fire

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide said:
" get God Hand,Viewtiful Joe,God of War 1 and 2,Prince of Persia Trilogy,Marvel Ultimate Alliance,Twisted Metal Black "
God Hand-Never heard of it, will look into it
Viewtiful Joe-Sounds Good
God of War-Planning to
Prince of Persia-Sounds Good
Marvel Ultimate Alliance-Played it, honestly didn't like it :/
Twisted Metal-Very high chance I'll get it
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Retnex
@Caligula said:
" try to find Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner. if not.  then go with Night Fire "
Those sound somewhat familiar. I'll have to look into them, thanks :)
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Caligula
@Retnex said:
" @Caligula said:
" try to find Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner. if not.  then go with Night Fire "
Those sound somewhat familiar. I'll have to look into them, thanks :) "
they are amazing. 2nd runner is better, but the original is good too.

also the stories are done by Hideo Kojima. and they are about Mechs
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

Guilty Gear XX.

That game's insane. But Ratchet and Clank is a good purchase.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex said:

" @Matezoide said:

" get God Hand,Viewtiful Joe,God of War 1 and 2,Prince of Persia Trilogy,Marvel Ultimate Alliance,Twisted Metal Black "
God Hand-Never heard of it, will look into it Viewtiful Joe-Sounds Good God of War-Planning to Prince of Persia-Sounds Good Marvel Ultimate Alliance-Played it, honestly didn't like it :/ Twisted Metal-Very high chance I'll get it "
ho btw,IGN gave God Hand a 2.5,but ignore then....you cant spell ignorant without IGN
the others are simply great (except MUA in your opnion :P)
also get Shadow of Rome and Metal Arms
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 
I don't ever use IGN, I usually just look at trailers/gameplay on youtube to see if it looks good.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Caligula
@Retnex said:
" @Matezoide:  I don't ever use IGN, I usually just look at trailers/gameplay on youtube to see if it looks good. "
if you like trailers you should use GameTrailers.Com
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Retnex
@Caligula said:
" @Retnex said:
" @Matezoide:  I don't ever use IGN, I usually just look at trailers/gameplay on youtube to see if it looks good. "
if you like trailers you should use GameTrailers.Com "
I've been on there. Usually I just jump to youtube, but sometimes its hard to find an actual trailer. I guess gametrailers would help collect it all together.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Caligula
@Retnex said:
" @Caligula said:
" @Retnex said:
if you like trailers you should use GameTrailers.Com "
I've been on there. Usually I just jump to youtube, but sometimes its hard to find an actual trailer. I guess gametrailers would help collect it all together. "
yeah if a trailer exists for a game. GT has it.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Primmaster64

Final Fantasy X

Avatar image for emerald_lamp_2814
emerald_lamp_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

@Primmaster64 said:
"Final Fantasy X"

indeed
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Final Fantasy anthologies (the one with chrono trigger in it) and Suikoden 2 nuff said.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hellos
@Retnex said:
"My PS3 recently broke so I have been playing my PS2 while I wait for it to be fixed. Since then I have discovered I actually enjoyed my PS2 more than I enjoy my PS3. So as I wait, I've decided to try some popular games that I've never gotten to play, since they're cheap now. The only one listed on here that I HAVE played is Nightfire, and I listed it because I loved playing multiplayer on Skyrail with my friends.God of War would be listed on here, but the PS3 has a collection with both the first and second game on it, so I decided to wait for that.Games that I have already played: Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 :COM, Spider-Man 2, Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Marvel Rise of the Imperfects, Tony Hawk's Underground 2/American Wasteland, Test Drive EOD, Burnout 3 Takedown, Bully, Destroy All Humans, ect. "

I'm somewhat curious as to how you broke your PS3, those things are seemingly unkillable monsters of a console. Although one wonders why you would, you can play the same games from the PS2 on the PS3 or atleast mine did. 
Pick up the Old .hack games, the forums need more .hack fans!  

I'm sure a good chunk of these are lying around at a local gamestop just waiting for you to buy them. Well maybe not infection, that was hard for me to get a hold of when I was buying mutation years ago.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Matezoide2
@Hellos: 
actualy,Yellow Light of Death (PS3`s equivalent to Xbox 360`s Red Rings of Death) is fairily common
ho,get Resident Evil games as well
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hellos
@Matezoide said:
"@Hellos:  actualy,Yellow Light of Death (PS3`s equivalent to Xbox 360`s Red Rings of Death) is fairily common ho,get Resident Evil games as well "

I'm still packing my fat PS3 and it runs like a dream. :P 
I have it on when I'm not even using it half the time to boot. RE games are good too.
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Retnex
@Primmaster64:  
@Crom-Cruach:
I've been wanting to try those, but I didn't know which one to start with. I usually go with the first one so I can understand the story, but with there being 13+ games I'm wondering if there is a better starting point.

@Hellos

said:

"I'm somewhat curious as to how you broke your PS3, those things are seemingly unkillable monsters of a console. Although one wonders why you would, you can play the same games from the PS2 on the PS3 or atleast mine did.

I shipped it down to Florida for the summer since my dad actually has a usable internet connection. The day I got it, nothing was wrong with the outside but I would get the YLOD when I tried to turn it on. Luckily, I insured it for $1,000 (games, controllers, ect) and I'm only asking for $150. Unlucky, I packed it myself, so UPS is trying to wiggle out of paying. I've got my fingers crossed though.

@Matezoide

said:

" @Hellos:  actualy,Yellow Light of Death (PS3`s equivalent to Xbox 360`s Red Rings of Death) is fairily common ho,get Resident Evil games as well "

They told me that only 1/2 of 1% get the light. But then again, a lot of people fix it themselves instead of sending it to Sony, so that statistic might be off.
Resident Evil games look like they'd scare the s#!t out of me (or am I thinking of Silent Hill), but I'll look into them :D

EDIT: Btw, guess who just beat the 16th colossus on time attack mode?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Primmaster64
@Retnex: You should try it.
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Retnex
@Primmaster64: Which one? X?
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Primmaster64
@Retnex: Yep bro
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Retnex
@Primmaster64: 
I'll try, thanks
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Primmaster64
@Retnex: ok!
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hellos
@Retnex said:
"I shipped it down to Florida for the summer since my dad actually has a usable internet connection. The day I got it, nothing was wrong with the outside but I would get the YLOD when I tried to turn it on. Luckily, I insured it for $1,000 (games, controllers, ect) and I'm only asking for $150. Unlucky, I packed it myself, so UPS is trying to wiggle out of paying. I've got my fingers crossed though. 

They told me that only 1/2 of 1% get the light. But then again, a lot of people fix it themselves instead of sending it to Sony, so that statistic might be off.Resident Evil games look like they'd scare the s#!t out of me (or am I thinking of Silent Hill), but I'll look into them :D "

That certainly sheds some light, kudos for being clever enough to insure everything.  
As for fixing the thing themselves the only thing I've had to do for my PS3 is up it to a 500 GB and even that was a walk in the park with an external hard drive. Scary games are always fun. :P
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King_Saturn
PS2... ah memories
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By sexy_merc

I still have my PS2. I remember when everyone was modding theirs but I didn't.

SuperGamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By SuperGamera

Final Fantasy X or XII. Metal Gear solid 2 and 3. 

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Retnex
@Hellos said:
"That certainly sheds some light, kudos for being clever enough to insure everything.  As for fixing the thing themselves the only thing I've had to do for my PS3 is up it to a 500 GB and even that was a walk in the park with an external hard drive. Scary games are always fun. :P "
I wasn't happy about shipping it in the first place, so insuring it made me feel better. I can understand why UPS would be suspicious though, I could have easily given them an already broken PS3.
There was a guy in Florida who said he'd fix it for $65, and promised to refund me if he couldn't. The only issue is I think Sony won't fix it if you open the PS3. With my luck so far I decided to see what I could do with UPS first.

@SuperGamera said:
" Final Fantasy X or XII. Metal Gear solid 2 and 3.  "
Metal Gear Solid is another I'd like to try. So I should start with the second one?
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hellos
@Retnex said:
"I wasn't happy about shipping it in the first place, so insuring it made me feel better. I can understand why UPS would be suspicious though, I could have easily given them an already broken PS3.
There was a guy in Florida who said he'd fix it for $65, and promised to refund me if he couldn't. The only issue is I think Sony won't fix it if you open the PS3. With my luck so far I decided to see what I could do with UPS first. "

That I can live with, bar software trouble I could probably swap out anything that breaks that or simply replace it completely since I have it backed up.
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Retnex
@Hellos said:

" @Retnex said:

"I wasn't happy about shipping it in the first place, so insuring it made me feel better. I can understand why UPS would be suspicious though, I could have easily given them an already broken PS3.
There was a guy in Florida who said he'd fix it for $65, and promised to refund me if he couldn't. The only issue is I think Sony won't fix it if you open the PS3. With my luck so far I decided to see what I could do with UPS first. "
That I can live with, bar software trouble I could probably swap out anything that breaks that or simply replace it completely since I have it backed up. "
I've heard it's pretty much just a PC. I searched Craigslist for someone nearby that would fix it (if UPS doesn't work out), but there's only XBOX 360 repairs.
What really ticks me off with Sony is they'll send me a different PS3, so all my saved memory will be gone. I've moved all my PS2 saved games to my PS3 (resulting in me playing through them again, which resulted in this thread) so I'll lose all that too. If I do send it in, I'll beg them to let me keep the memory, even if it takes longer. 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hellos
@Retnex said:
"I've heard it's pretty much just a PC. I searched Craigslist for someone nearby that would fix it (if UPS doesn't work out), but there's only XBOX 360 repairs. What really ticks me off with Sony is they'll send me a different PS3, so all my saved memory will be gone. I've moved all my PS2 saved games to my PS3 (resulting in me playing through them again, which resulted in this thread) so I'll lose all that too. If I do send it in, I'll beg them to let me keep the memory, even if it takes longer.  "

For the most part, yah. One that from I understand can't really get viruses. 

Well as long as the hardrive itself is fine, all you have to do is have them swap it in to any new PS3 they send or have them transfer everything into the new one. Although Sony might be able to get it out of a broken one too.
You should try keeping an external hardrive as back up if you can with your game saves at least imo though. 

Did you call and ask if your memory is going to be transfered over? I would hope they would outright do it without being told, but it can't hurt to check.
Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

I go with one of my favorites, way of the samurai.

SuperGamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35  Edited By SuperGamera
@Retnex: you might want to play mgs 1 first but it isn't mandatory 
Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mekboy

every RNC and every Jak game is worth it.
And the Disgaeas too.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ssejllenrad

In no specific order.... God of War 1& 2, Shadow of the Colossus, MGS3 (or 2), FFXII (or X), Kingdom Heart 1 or 2...

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lagoon_boy
Splinter Cell
Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

1.Space Channel Five!-Can't go wrong with Space Michael Jackson.
2.Metal Gear Solid 3 subsistance- Comes with two never before release of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games that was only available in the MSX computer, until now.
3. X-men Legends-This is a comic book site.
4. Xenosaga- gotta mention one JRPG that's not final fantasy.
5. The Warriors - gotta mention a game that is based on a cult classic movie, It's the LAW! from internet police. 
6. Persona 3&4- Because I said so.
7. Okami- It's beautiful and will make an appearance in MVC3.
 8. Shadow of the Colossus- It's amazing!
9. True Crime:Streets of LA- Have to appeal to the Urban demographic.
10. Devil May Cry 3- Challenge yourself once in a while.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#40  Edited By umbrafeline

the

ratchet  & clank series

are the shiz-nit thats what im currently working on if i ever stop goofing around on the facebook and get bak to my ps2 

twizted metal

is good. my nephew has them all, played them all and beaten them all w/i 30 minutes. w/O cheat coades 

the summoner saga is fun. you can also try your hand at wwe's smackdown and smackdown vs raw titles 

also check out the lego [star wars, batman, indiana jones] collection
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Don't listen to these clowns. You only need these two games:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

RE4 or MGS3

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By progenitorigin

Blood Omen II, Final Fantasy X, Resident Evil 4.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By whacknasty

Didn't read all of the posts, but if you like rpg's, then try Persona3.  I just started playing it again (it came outin 2007, so it's been a while) and it is still a fun, quirky, obsessive game (getting all of the ultra-tough personas is more addictive than catching all of the freaking pokemon to me...).  This is a movie towards the beginning of the game... 

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Retnex
@Hellos said:
"@Retnex said:
"I've heard it's pretty much just a PC. I searched Craigslist for someone nearby that would fix it (if UPS doesn't work out), but there's only XBOX 360 repairs. What really ticks me off with Sony is they'll send me a different PS3, so all my saved memory will be gone. I've moved all my PS2 saved games to my PS3 (resulting in me playing through them again, which resulted in this thread) so I'll lose all that too. If I do send it in, I'll beg them to let me keep the memory, even if it takes longer.  "

For the most part, yah. One that from I understand can't really get viruses. 

Well as long as the hardrive itself is fine, all you have to do is have them swap it in to any new PS3 they send or have them transfer everything into the new one. Although Sony might be able to get it out of a broken one too.You should try keeping an external hardrive as back up if you can with your game saves at least imo though.  Did you call and ask if your memory is going to be transfered over? I would hope they would outright do it without being told, but it can't hurt to check. "

I've read many places that they will send you a blank PS3 (still with the OS of course). 
I'm sure if I throw a fit they'll let me keep my memory, as long as it's not damaged. 
I have a link to a page detailing what happened to my PS3 if you really wanna read it.
gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By gambit987
@texasdeathmatch: we think the same thing I also gonna say
for a playstation 2 you must buy shadow of the collosus
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@gambit987 said:
" @texasdeathmatch: we think the same thing I also gonna say for a playstation 2 you must buy shadow of the collosus "
haha I was able to entrap like 8 spectators while I played this game in college. So beautiful and awesome
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Retnex
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @gambit987 said:
" @texasdeathmatch: we think the same thing I also gonna say for a playstation 2 you must buy shadow of the collosus "
haha I was able to entrap like 8 spectators while I played this game in college. So beautiful and awesome "
That's the main game I'm playing while I wait for my PS3 (I played it back in 2006, too). I'm still wowed by it. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex: 
trust me,the number is way off :D
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points