• 121 results
Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Udderman

Can be 360 or PS3. If you like post which game is overrated for both systems and runner ups

imo, Halo 3(360) and MGS4(PS3)

runner ups: Killzone 2 and COD4

Jacen Solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jacen Solo

Every single Halo game

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sparda

Honestly, nothing really comes to my mind. I don't have a PS3 so I can't say for those games, and the love/hate for Halo seems to have balanced out lately (so it's not like it was when Halo 3 first came out and all the fans were freaking out).

Maybe Braid? I only played the trial (which had quite a few levels) and I didn't see that much to make me think it was GOTY material. I youtube'd the ending and went "damn, that was pretty clever", but that's about it.

Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Udderman
@Sparda said:
" Honestly, nothing really comes to my mind. I don't have a PS3 so I can't say for those games, and the love/hate for Halo seems to have balanced out lately (so it's not like it was when Halo 3 first came out and all the fans were freaking out).Maybe Braid? I only played the trial (which had quite a few levels) and I didn't see that much to make me think it was GOTY material. I youtube'd the ending and went "damn, that was pretty clever", but that's about it. "

@Sparda:

i think people praised braid more of its art style. But if we are going to go into Xbox Live Arcade games, Castle Crashers is extremely overrated

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sparda
@Udderman said:
"@Sparda: i think people praised braid more of its art style. But if we are going to go into Xbox Live Arcade games, Castle Crashers is extremely overrated "
Castle Crashers is a lot of fun if you have four-people. Other than that, it's kind of overrated, yeah. I was hoping it would be longer.

It did have a kickass soundtrack, though.
Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nemesis

Halo

Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Udderman
@Sparda said:
" @Udderman said:
"@Sparda: i think people praised braid more of its art style. But if we are going to go into Xbox Live Arcade games, Castle Crashers is extremely overrated "
Castle Crashers is a lot of fun if you have four-people. Other than that, it's kind of overrated, yeah. I was hoping it would be longer.It did have a kickass soundtrack, though. "
That and also i wish its gameplay wasnt so repetitive
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sparda
@Udderman said:
"That and also i wish its gameplay wasnt so repetitive "
I can thoroughly enjoy repetitive beat-em-ups if I have people playing with me, and since I did have my three brothers, I found it a lot of fun. I just don't feel very compelled to do it again.
Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Udderman
@Sparda said:
" @Udderman said:
"That and also i wish its gameplay wasnt so repetitive "
I can thoroughly enjoy repetitive beat-em-ups if I have people playing with me, and since I did have my three brothers, I found it a lot of fun. I just don't feel very compelled to do it again. "

you played locally right? because the game is enjoyable if you play with other players, but if you play online? Forget about it. Lag is unbearable
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By PRIMAV3RA

Kingdom Hearts

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sparda
@Udderman said:
"you played locally right? because the game is enjoyable if you play with other players, but if you play online? Forget about it. Lag is unbearable "
Oh yeah, I play locally. I heard that the game was pretty much busted online for the first few weeks until they patched it.
Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Udderman
@Sparda said:
" @Udderman said:
"you played locally right? because the game is enjoyable if you play with other players, but if you play online? Forget about it. Lag is unbearable "
Oh yeah, I play locally. I heard that the game was pretty much busted online for the first few weeks until they patched it. "
it still is busted lol
@PRIMAV3RA said:
" Kingdom Hearts "
of course FF fanboys eat that up
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda
@Udderman said:
"it still is busted lol "
Oy vey. It's been, like, a year. You'd think they would have fixed it by now.
Jacen Solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jacen Solo

Final Fantasy
Devil May Cry 1
Prince Of Persia

PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PRIMAV3RA

Resident Evil v_v and

MADDEN NFL anything -_-

NBA 2Kwhatever
:(

Jacen Solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jacen Solo
@PRIMAV3RA said:
" Resident Evil
WOAH........Which resident evil? ;p

Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Udderman
@Sparda said:
" @Udderman said:
"it still is busted lol "
Oy vey. It's been, like, a year. You'd think they would have fixed it by now. "
the downside of xbox live lol nothing ever gets fixed on there. dont get me started with ps3

@Jacen Solo said:
" @PRIMAV3RA said:
" Resident Evil
WOAH........Which resident evil? ;p "
everything after Code Veronica

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sparda
@Jacen Solo said:
" Final Fantasy"
There's a lot of them, some get way too much credit and some don't get enough :l

@Jacen Solo said:
"Devil May Cry 1Prince Of Persia "
While I enjoyed the rest of the DMC series (with the exclusion of DMC2), I agree. It doesn't hold up very well at all now. It was probably a lot of fun when it came out, though.

PoP: Sands of Time I thought was overrated, but I liked Two Thrones and I'm liking the new one, even if it is a bit ridiculous with the collect-a-thon.
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PRIMAV3RA

WELL all of them, the latest, one 5, w hich i have, is good, kinda fun, nice graphics, pretty good story line, but its not amazing, way overated ...imo :)

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sparda
@PRIMAV3RA said:
"WELL all of them, the latest, one 5, w hich i have, is good, kinda fun, nice graphics, pretty good story line, but its not amazing, way overated ...imo :)"
A lot of people hated 5. I thought it was fun, but man did that game get a lot of flak from series' fans and other horror fans. I'm surprised you didn't say RE4, mainly.
Jacen Solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jacen Solo
@Sparda said:
" @Jacen Solo said:
" Final Fantasy"
There's a lot of them, some get way too much credit and some don't get enough :l

@Jacen Solo said:
"Devil May Cry 1Prince Of Persia "
While I enjoyed the rest of the DMC series (with the exclusion of DMC2), I agree. It doesn't hold up very well at all now. It was probably a lot of fun when it came out, though.PoP: Sands of Time I thought was overrated, but I liked Two Thrones and I'm liking the new one, even if it is a bit ridiculous with the collect-a-thon. "
The thing about Final Fantasy for me is. Its not the graphics or the storyline, as all are usually amazing, but the combat system that i find overrated. Its the reason why i prefer to watch over people play the game, than play it myself. I just find it boring and dont have the patience. I prefer fast paced action games, like DMC and GOW.

Im with you on DMC. I love the game, and the series. But its not as good as what people make it out to be. I dont even think its the best in the series. 3 and 4 are much better all round imo.

@PRIMAV3RA said:
"

WELL all of them, the latest, one 5, w hich i have, is good, kinda fun, nice graphics, pretty good story line, but its not amazing, way overated ...imo :)

"
Ohhhhhhhhhhh

PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PRIMAV3RA

Gears of War .. all of them

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sparda
@Jacen Solo said:
"The thing about Final Fantasy for me is. Its not the graphics or the storyline, as all are usually amazing, but the combat system that i find overrated. Its the reason why i prefer to watch over people play the game, than play it myself. I just find it boring and dont have the patience. I prefer fast paced action games, like DMC and GOW. "
I have to be in the right set of mind to play a FF game, and some of them I can't play at all, but when I do get into one......I don't stop until I can't play anymore. Those games have a surprisingly addictive quality. However, I do prefer action games to RPGs, in general.

@Jacen Solo said:
"Im with you on DMC. I love the game, and the series. But its not as good as what people make it out to be. I dont even think its the best in the series. 3 and 4 are much better all round imo. "
I agree. I still don't fully understand the people that say 1 is the best. 3 and 4 molded the formula and made it so much better, to me. In comparison, 1 is barely playable, IMO.
Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Udderman
@PRIMAV3RA said:
"

"
agreed but for COOP this is a good game
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sparda
@Udderman said:
" @PRIMAV3RA said:
"

"
agreed but for COOP this is a good game "
I disagree about it being overrated. Maybe the first one, but damn, tons of people hate the second one and for the most part it's good reason.......it had great co-op but the online multiplayer is broken to the point of barely being playable. It's ridiculous.
burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By burr787
@Sparda said:
" @PRIMAV3RA said:
"WELL all of them, the latest, one 5, w hich i have, is good, kinda fun, nice graphics, pretty good story line, but its not amazing, way overated ...imo :)"
A lot of people hated 5. I thought it was fun, but man did that game get a lot of flak from series' fans and other horror fans. I'm surprised you didn't say RE4, mainly. "
I'm actually one of the fanboys that is killing to have the crappy controls and zombies back. I loooooooved RE4 but now I find myself going back to RE2 and CV on the Gamecube and PS2. I have to say that RE2 is my favorite Resident evil because technically having four different stories was awesome. Leon and Claire are my favorite RE characters and they were the best in 2. Combined with the nostagia of watching my older brother play it at 2 a.m. and finally beating myself at 10, other games just can't compare.
As for overrated games:
Final Fantasy- too hard and time consuming
Halo-cough crap cough
Tony Hawk Underground 2

PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PRIMAV3RA

co op is pretty nice, but i love online play , i positively love it and it failed tremenously, they might as well have not even put it on gears of war. i love halo and cod4 yeah, they arnt the best games, they are overrated in a sense, BUT, what sets them apart is really really good online play, at least they set up great online play to compensate for the lack of fullfilment in other categories to me.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sparda
@burr787 said:
"I'm actually one of the fanboys that is killing to have the crappy controls and zombies back. I loooooooved RE4 but now I find myself going back to RE2 and CV on the Gamecube and PS2. I have to say that RE2 is my favorite Resident evil because technically having four different stories was awesome. Leon and Claire are my favorite RE characters and they were the best in 2. Combined with the nostagia of watching my older brother play it at 2 a.m. and finally beating myself at 10, other games just can't compare."
As someone who never played the original RE games when they game out, I can't appreciate the "tank" controls. I like RE how it is now.....although I could do with more horror. RE5 was basically a season of 24 with zombies and bio-monsters.

@PRIMAV3RA said:
" co op is pretty nice, but i love online play , i positively love it and it failed tremenously, they might as well have not even put it on gears of war. i love halo and cod4 yeah, they arnt the best games, they are overrated in a sense, BUT, what sets them apart is really really good online play, at least they set up great online play to compensate for the lack of fullfilment in other categories to me. "

Online for Gears 2 was good when it first came out.....or at least decent. Then all the patches and updates totally ruined it and then buried it for good measure. The only way I can possibly get any fun out of it is if I'm playing with a full party of friends. Halo has at the very least decent online play for nearly every playlist, something that I appreciate greatly. I concur.
Jacen Solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jacen Solo

Halo has good online play? :p

Ive always thought resident evil 4 and 5 were a nice change up for the res series. Quite simply the games were becoming boring and stale.

Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Udderman
@Sparda said:
" @burr787 said:
"I'm actually one of the fanboys that is killing to have the crappy controls and zombies back. I loooooooved RE4 but now I find myself going back to RE2 and CV on the Gamecube and PS2. I have to say that RE2 is my favorite Resident evil because technically having four different stories was awesome. Leon and Claire are my favorite RE characters and they were the best in 2. Combined with the nostagia of watching my older brother play it at 2 a.m. and finally beating myself at 10, other games just can't compare."
As someone who never played the original RE games when they game out, I can't appreciate the "tank" controls. I like RE how it is now.....although I could do with more horror. RE5 was basically a season of 24 with zombies and bio-monsters.

@PRIMAV3RA said:
" co op is pretty nice, but i love online play , i positively love it and it failed tremenously, they might as well have not even put it on gears of war. i love halo and cod4 yeah, they arnt the best games, they are overrated in a sense, BUT, what sets them apart is really really good online play, at least they set up great online play to compensate for the lack of fullfilment in other categories to me. "
Online for Gears 2 was good when it first came out.....or at least decent. Then all the patches and updates totally ruined it and then buried it for good measure. The only way I can possibly get any fun out of it is if I'm playing with a full party of friends. Halo has at the very least decent online play for nearly every playlist, something that I appreciate greatly. I concur. "
Technically RE5 still has tank controls just in a different view perspective (3rd person) where the Original RE had a sort of Cinematic view
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
@Jacen Solo said:
"Halo has good online play? :p Ive always thought resident evil 4 and 5 were a nice change up for the res series. Quite simply the games were becoming boring and stale. "
Lol, why yes it does, its pretty fun ...to me that is :)
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sparda
@Jacen Solo said:
" Halo has good online play? :p"
Haha.....well I mean, at least it's playable. Gears 2 is an embarrassment to itself.

@Udderman said:
"Technically RE5 still has tank controls just in a different view perspective (3rd person) where the Original RE had a sort of Cinematic view "
Except with the original REs, you had to turn and move with only one joystick (I believe?). In the new REs, you have two to maneuver with. I kind of hated the original RE's fixed camera :l
Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Udderman
@Sparda said:
" @Jacen Solo said:
" Halo has good online play? :p"
Haha.....well I mean, at least it's playable. Gears 2 is an embarrassment to itself.

@Udderman said:
"Technically RE5 still has tank controls just in a different view perspective (3rd person) where the Original RE had a sort of Cinematic view "
Except with the original REs, you had to turn and move with only one joystick (I believe?). In the new REs, you have two to maneuver with. I kind of hated the original RE's fixed camera :l "
yeah RE was out before the Dual Analog era started i think. Idk in terms of story the Classic REs were better than the present ones

and gears 2 multiplayer? might as well throw it in the garbage. Thats my two cents :P
Jacen Solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jacen Solo
@PRIMAV3RA said:
" @Jacen Solo said:
"Halo has good online play? :p Ive always thought resident evil 4 and 5 were a nice change up for the res series. Quite simply the games were becoming boring and stale. "
Lol, why yes it does, its pretty fun ...to me that is :) "
Me and my friends usually get bored after 15 miutes, and play Rainbow Six instead.

Most of the tekken games. 3 was in a class of its own though.

The mortal kombat series, with the exception of 3.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sparda
@Udderman said:
"and gears 2 multiplayer? might as well throw it in the garbage. Thats my two cents :P "
Pretty much mine too :)

@Jacen Solo said:
" @PRIMAV3RA said:
" @Jacen Solo said:
Me and my friends usually get bored after 15 miutes, and play Rainbow Six instead. Most of the tekken games. 3 was in a class of its own though. The mortal kombat series, with the exception of 3. "
Dude, Tekken is one of the most hated fighting games. In a poll in 2005, Tekken 5 was the most hated game by gamers of the year. People think that the game blows because of it's (admittedly ridiculous) juggling system. I think they're pretty cool, though.

Same with MK. A lot of people hate that franchise, which is part of the reason why it wasn't selling enough, Midway went bankrupt, and it got bought by WB :P
Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Udderman
@Jacen Solo said:
" @PRIMAV3RA said:
" @Jacen Solo said:
Me and my friends usually get bored after 15 miutes, and play Rainbow Six instead. Most of the tekken games. 3 was in a class of its own though. The mortal kombat series, with the exception of 3. "
Dark Resurrection was good for the PSP but also failed because it had no Online play. Thats the sad thing about Sony they go in the right direction and then make a complete U-turn and go the wrong way

PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PRIMAV3RA

i love MK and Tekkan and DOa those are some great games to me

Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Udderman
@Sparda said:
" @Udderman said:
"and gears 2 multiplayer? might as well throw it in the garbage. Thats my two cents :P "
Pretty much mine too :)

@Jacen Solo said:
" @PRIMAV3RA said:
" @Jacen Solo said:
Dude, Tekken is one of the most hated fighting games. In a poll in 2005, Tekken 5 was the most hated game by gamers of the year. People think that the game blows because of it's (admittedly ridiculous) juggling system. I think they're pretty cool, though.Same with MK. A lot of people hate that franchise, which is part of the reason why it wasn't selling enough, Midway went bankrupt, and it got bought by WB :P "
the juggling system in MK vs DC isnt as bad as Tekken. people just Cheap alot with Scorp,Subzero and the flash alot in that game
Jacen Solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jacen Solo
@PRIMAV3RA said:
" i love MK and Tekkan and DOa those are some great games to me "
Oh and DOA

Tekkan? ;) :P
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sparda
@Udderman said:
"the juggling system in MK vs DC isnt as bad as Tekken. people just Cheap alot with Scorp,Subzero and the flash alot in that game "
Tekkens juggles are probably the only main hated part of the franchise. Everything else everybody seems to be pretty okay with.
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
@Jacen Solo said:
"@PRIMAV3RA said:
Oh and DOATekkan? ;) :P"
not doa i love that games its great! :( :)

OOPs ;)  Haha i mean Tekken
Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wisppeons
@PRIMAV3RA said:
"Resident Evil v_v and MADDEN NFL anything -_-NBA 2Kwhatever:("

why basketball games and football games overrated care to explain?
Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wisppeons

Smash Bros brawl
Halo 3
come to mind.

Jacen Solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jacen Solo
@PRIMAV3RA said:
" @Jacen Solo said:
"@PRIMAV3RA said:
Oh and DOATekkan? ;) :P"
not doa i love that games its great! :( :)

OOPs ;)  Haha i mean Tekken "
I dont like it.
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
@Wisppeons said:
"@PRIMAV3RA said:
"Resident Evil v_v and MADDEN NFL anything -_-NBA 2Kwhatever:("
why basketball games and football games overrated care to explain? "
well they arnt bad, but like madden, idk how people, (mainly men) can sit there and play a 45 MINUTE GAME! of nothing but constant plays and stuff i mean it seems to be boring to me, i love sports but only irl , but i can understand how for others it would be fun, just not to me lol :)
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sparda
@Wisppeons said:
" Smash Bros brawl"
Maybe. Although, Smash gets a ridiculous amount of hate in fighting game circles, so I disagree.
Avatar image for kingdom_come_suit_tie
Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little Big Planet.

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wisppeons

@Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie said:

"Little Big Planet. "

how is a game that's FULL of creativity overrated? you gonna have to explain this one man lol

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Wisppeons
@Sparda said:
"@Wisppeons said:
" Smash Bros brawl"
Maybe. Although, Smash gets a ridiculous amount of hate in fighting game circles, so I disagree."
it does lol
Udderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Udderman
@Wisppeons said:
"

@Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie said:

"Little Big Planet. "

how is a game that's FULL of creativity overrated? you gonna have to explain this one man lol

"
im going to have to agree with Wisppeons. The Game is really fun to play mainly because of user created levels