Just saw amazing Spider man/Discussion Thread

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By utotheg38

SPOILERS, IF YOU DIDN"T ALREADY NOTICE THIS IS A DISCUSSION THREAD FOR A MOVIE THAT HASN"T COME OUT YET.

Just Came back form the advance Screening.

It was decent, One part I didn't like Is the anti climactic death of uncle ben
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AweSam
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By utotheg38

@AweSam said:

@utotheg38 said:

Please put spoiler warnings.

gotcha

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nickthedevil

Hrmmm...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@god_spawn said:

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam said:

@utotheg38 said:

How in the world is that a spoiler?

Uncle Ben dies???

Shocker, right? Next you're going to tell me that Thomas and Martha Wayne are dead.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Martian

I guarantee that this movie will be nothing but average...

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Inverno

@mr.obvious said:

I guarantee that this movie will be nothing but average...

I second that.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By moywar700

@JediXMan said:

@god_spawn said:

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam said:

@utotheg38 said:

Uncle Ben dies???

Shocker, right? Next you're going to tell me that Thomas and Martha Wayne are dead.

I'm was not shocked despite reading that comment.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By utotheg38

@JediXMan said:

@god_spawn said:

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam said:

@utotheg38 said:

Uncle Ben dies???

lol

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By utotheg38

I'll say this, Gwen Stacey>>>>>>>>Mary Jane form the last movie.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Gambit1024

Short and sweet thoughts:

• Andrew Garfield was born to play Peter Parker.
  • The writing in this film was damn good, and someone did their homework on Spidey's mannerisms, in and out of the costume.
  • The supporting cast was excellent.
  • Mark Webb knows what he's doing.
  • You care about each and every character.
  • This is better than any/all the Raimi movies, and I'm going to blog on that later.
  • The Lizard was cool as hell.
  • Stan Lee's cameo was his best one yet.
  • One of my favorite superhero movies to date.
  • As a standalone film, it was a better movie than The Avengers, but it was not the better superhero movie, if that makes any sense at all.
  • I cannot wait to own this movie.
  • 10/10. I loved it.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024 said:

• The writing in this film was damn good, and someone did their homework on Spidey's mannerisms, in and out of the costume.
  • This is better than any/all the Raimi movies, and I'm going to blog on that later.
  • As a standalone film, it was a better movie than The Avengers, but it was not the better superhero movie, if that makes any sense at all.
  • 10/10. I loved it.

Glad you loved the film! Only enhances my excitement to watch it later today.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By utotheg38

@Gambit1024 said:

• 10/10. I loved it.

Really, 10/10?

I thought Gwen Stacey was really good, But sally field as aunt may was really meh. I didn't give crap about her, She was just on the sidelines with her hand over her mouth every time something shocking happened.

The story was good I'll give you that (I thought It was Interesting that Osborn was dying, I'd like to see that part of the story fleshed out more on the next movie), But what about spiderman himself? I found him to be very meh power wise, Oh and those wisecracks make me want to cringe (Some would say that's normal spiderman though lol).

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AweSam
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By utotheg38

@noegieiz said:

it was terrible

lol, explain.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By utotheg38

@noegieiz said:

@utotheg38

LMMFAO!!!!!!

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#19  Edited By RazzaTazz
@noegieiz: Please refrain from inappropriate language.  
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By utotheg38

lol that was a little funny. Just saying, Guy came out of left field with that. XD

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gambit1024

@utotheg38 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

• 10/10. I loved it.

Really, 10/10?

I thought Gwen Stacey was really good, But sally field as aunt may was really meh. I didn't give crap about her, She was just on the sidelines with her hand over her mouth every time something shocking happened.

The story was good I'll give you that (I thought It was Interesting that Osborn was dying, I'd like to see that part of the story fleshed out more on the next movie), But what about spiderman himself? I found him to be very meh power wise, Oh and those wisecracks make me want to cringe (Some would say that's normal spiderman though lol).

Yessir, 10/10. Of course there were tiny plot holes and such, if you'd wanna be nitpicky, I'm sure that other people on here will complain about sooner or later, but the overall film as a whole, it was a 10/10 for me.

Aunt May as a character was never really important to me anyway, so the way she reacted in those scenes were just fine by me. To see how her character will evolve in the sequel will be interesting to watch, going from defending Peter when he's in the wrong, to being the surprisingly tough parental figure that Ben was. But when Peter gave her the eggs, I wanted to cry :')

I thought that Spider-Man's powers were very well utilized from what we got. Wall-crawling isn't exactly the most exciting power in the world, and we already know what his Spidey sense can do, but it was the webbing that truly impressed me. I've always preferred the shooters over the organic webbing in the Raimi films. The different ways Spider-Man used the webs offensively, defensively, and even off the field in unique ways, were excellent in my opinion.

Speaking of Osborn, that was definitely him in the post-credits scene, and I'll go on record for calling that.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By utotheg38

@Gambit1024 said:

@utotheg38 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

• 10/10. I loved it.

Really, 10/10?

Yessir, 10/10. Of course there were tiny plot holes and such, if you'd wanna be nitpicky, I'm sure that other people on here will complain about sooner or later, but the overall film as a whole, it was a 10/10 for me.

Aunt May as a character was never really important to me anyway, so the way she reacted in those scenes were just fine by me. To see how her character will evolve in the sequel will be interesting to watch, going from defending Peter when he's in the wrong, to being the surprisingly tough parental figure that Ben was. But when Peter gave her the eggs, I wanted to cry :')

I thought that Spider-Man's powers were very well utilized from what we got. Wall-crawling isn't exactly the most exciting power in the world, and we already know what his Spidey sense can do, but it was the webbing that truly impressed me. I've always preferred the shooters over the organic webbing in the Raimi films. The different ways Spider-Man used the webs offensively, defensively, and even off the field in unique ways, were excellent in my opinion.

Speaking of Osborn, that was definitely him in the post-credits scene, and I'll go on record for calling that.

Definitely, That's what kept the fight scenes extremely Impressive for me, He wasn't just punching someone over and over. He really did utilize the web shooters, Especially when he webbed the lizard up like a real spider during the high school fight scenes.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Gambit1024 said:

• 10/10. I loved it.

This. The acting was great, I thought Spider-Man looked a lot more bad ass then Tobey, and I felt so much closer to Uncle Ben, which was something that I really needed. And Emma Stone can play a good Gwen Stacy, and I like how they're trying to stand out on their own from the trilogy, it makes it feel a little bit closer to the comics and Spider-Man doesn't seem as whiney.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gambit1024

@utotheg38: I'd say it was honestly one of the best fight scenes in any superhero movie. He was just so fast, and he didn't shut up, and it was Spider-Man. The way he fought and did things in the Raimi movies... I don't know, I just never really bought it, ya know? In this one, it was literally like seeing the comics leap onto the movie screen.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By buttersdaman000

Meh, not better than Spider-Man 1 and 2, although it was a lot better than 3.  
- Can anybody really see Andrew Garfield playing Peter Parker?? I mean really....the dude was not somebody who would be a social outcast in HS. He wore nice clothes, he skateboarded, he's good looking and he didnt even wear glasses....and he snatched up Gwen quick. I can see Tobey getting bullied, but not this kid.  
- He took off his mask way too much, most likely just because the studio wanted Garfields face to be seen as much as possible 
- The Lizard? Really? Green Goblin and Doc Ock were better villains 
- Raimi Aunt May>>>>>>> New Aunt May 
- The first and second Spider-Man movies had better scripts 
- The one thing I will say for this movie is that they did Spider-Man right. The trash talking, the way he fights, his webs, all better than Raimi, but overall.......nope.  
- And Tobey is the better actor

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SandMan_
@JediXMan said:

@god_spawn said:

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam said:

@utotheg38 said:

Uncle Ben dies???

Or that Jor-El and Lara escaped Krypton
HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Okay, my full opinion.

• The actors are better then the trilogy
  • Much closer to the comics
  • Fight scenes were a lot better
  • Spider-Man was accurate, had a lot more of a personality
  • Peter Parker could have been nerdier, but he was still smarter then in the original
  • Closer to all the characters, especially Uncle Ben, but with being closer to Uncle Ben, it lacked the endearing feeling I had for Aunt May that the original had, but I'm sure with development it will change.
  • Gwen Stacy is a better love interest then Mary Jane was, but that leaves high hopes for when MJ does come around and Gwen kicks the bucket.
  • The love relationship between the two felt more natural, but compared to the original more rushed (If that makes sense). Gwen/Peter went through pretty much the entire MJ/Peter relationship in one film.
  • The Lizard didn't look like the comics, but hey, neither did the Goblin so we can get over it and move on.
  • I don't think this Parker understands secret identity as well, but he does keep it on the down low so it's not like he's flaunting it (though for a second I thought he would)
  • A lot of death, and I'm still questioning if its a problem, the characters develop at a rapid rate, so you do feel for the loss.
  • Won't have the "Uncle Ben's killer" problem like the original did, like did they run out of ideas for the third?

Overall better then the original? Yes, definitely.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AweSam

@SandMan_ said:

@JediXMan said:

@god_spawn said:

@JediXMan said:

@AweSam said:

@utotheg38 said:

Uncle Ben dies???

Or that Jor-El and Lara escaped Krypton

...Really?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By utotheg38

Stop spamming lol

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

I think the lizard should of been more developed

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cattlebattle

I thought the movie was awesome....definitely took me surprise, It was way better than super-hero fight fest....I mean Avengers, IMO

It did a way better job at conveying a teenager with powers than original spidey movie did, when he was in the sewers waiting to get hits of vibration to locate Connors and he is playing on his phone....subtle things like that were brilliant I thought

My only qualm is over usage of CGI, in the Riami movies it was only used when necessary, this movie it seemed like every single fight scene was CG spidey....I guess its unavoidable though

MarvelKnight93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MarvelKnight93

in my honest opinion i felt the losses and felt remorse. I could relate to this peter more esp in this one scene when he puts his dads glasses on to be like him, this reallly hit hard for me being in similar situation with not knowing my dad . Secondly I felt the sadness and heartache that peter felt, In the scenes where he cried it flt emotional and real unlike when tobey did it just looked pathetic and cheesy. All i can say is that Andrew Garfield is an Amazing Spider man and an extremely talented actor.

9.5/10 for me , bring on TASM2!!!!!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
this film was pretty good at best... it was no where near as good as Spider-Man 1 or Spider-Man 2 with Tobey Maguire IMO...