If you can only recommend one of these TV shows...

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If you can only recommend one of these TV shows... (56 votes)

Supernatural 7%
The Walking Dead 14%
Breaking Bad 23%
Game of Thrones 16%
American Horror Story 0%
Arrow 7%
Mad Men 2%
Boardwalk Empire 4%
Downton Abbey 5%
Once Upon A Time 7%
The Americans 2%
Doctor Who 7%
Sherlock Holmes 4%
Dallas 2%
CSI 0%
 • 
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Out of these, I watch Supernatural, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Sherlock, Once Upon A Time, Boardwalk Empire, Arrow, and Game of Thrones. But If I had to suggest only one..I'd choose Breaking Bad since it's my favorite, with Game of thrones as number 2.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Gotta go with Supernatural...

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Walking Dead by a landslide.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Who

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breaking Bad.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

It's way too close for me with Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, so I did what any logical human being would: Eenie meenie miney moe, and ended up picking Game of Thrones.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It's The Walking Dead for me.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Arrow is the only one I like... I'm gonna start watching Dr who though.

Liara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it would depend on who I recommend one of these shows, but if a total stranger asks: Game of Thrones

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

BREAKING BAD - MASTERPIECE.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would love to say The Walking Dead but there's way to many episodes that were just plain not good....nearly all of the second season comes to mind along with the season 3 finale

I went with Game of Thrones because I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it

Avatar image for quirky_anecdotes
quirky_anecdotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How do people watch The Walking Dead?There's not a single relatable or likeable person on that show. I don't know about the comic but between the video game and the tv show , every character on the show is just insufferable.

I love breaking bad but I voted for Doctor Who.

Breaking bad is amazing but it's in it's last season. So I think it's a bit to late to get into.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1)Doctor Who

2)Downtown Abbey

3)Sherlock Holmes

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I love Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, those two shows don't really appeal to the general audience. So if I had to recommend one, I would went with Sherlock Holmes. Great show and great for all ages.

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of Thrones is the best show on this list, however the one I would recommend is Dr. Who.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i actually do like arrow a lot. Once apon a time is the one i voted for though. I just like it a lot. Havent started watching game of thrones or walking dead. I dont want to get addicted

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very difficult choice between Game Of Thrones & Breaking Bad...

GAME OF THRONES!

How do people watch The Walking Dead?

I have no idea either, I really did give it a chance; I watched a few episodes and read quite a few comics. Unfortunately, I really hated it.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Veshark
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lilben42

Once Upon A Time! I got so addicted to that show. Plus Regina is hot.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Walking dead /thread

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

The Walking Dead is a good show, but it pales in comparision to some of the others listed, I wonder if it's so popular here because it's based on a comic.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Yeesh, out of that list, I watch Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and Arrow. Narrowing it down to a single one is tough, but I'd have to hand it to Supernatural simply due to the massive amount of content.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of the shows provided I watch Supernatural, Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones. Besides Game of Thrones, I have tried to get my friends to watch every single one of them with me. Supernatural and Doctor Who were a bust since they seem to appeal to a very specific genre. Walking dead was a success but there were multiple times when it was just on and nobody payed attention. Breaking Bad? Man, they were hooked from episode one. That shizzz is ah-mazing. I'm pretty sure they'll like Game of Thrones too but Breaking Bad just has to be my pick.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I went against what I would normal go for (Supernatural) and I opted for Sherlock.

England rules!

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The Man!!!

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

@lilben42 said:

Once Upon A Time! I got so addicted to that show. Plus Regina is hot.

That's what's up. I have the biggest man crush on Mr. Gold. OUaT is the best show on tv.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Xanni15

GAME OF THRONES!

@quirky_anecdotes said:

I have no idea either, I really did give it a chance; I watched a few episodes and read quite a few comics. Unfortunately, I really hated it.

I'm up to date on TWD, and it doesn't get any better. Terrible plot, tons of filler episodes, no interesting characters, unrealistic, corny lines, etc. It's mind bottling.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

@xanni15 said:

@shark_repellent_bat_spray said:

GAME OF THRONES!

@quirky_anecdotes said:

I'm up to date on TWD, and it doesn't get any better. Terrible plot, tons of filler episodes, no interesting characters, unrealistic, corny lines, etc. It's mind bottling.

I don't understand how you can say all of that about TWD, yet praise OUAT which has everything you listed. The plots have been mediocre after season one, every character with the exception of Gold has been extremely dull and whitebread, it's unrealistic, then again that's not a fault seeing as it's supposed to be (same as TWD, it's about zombies, what do you expect??) and corny lines?? really, every line in OUAT is about love being the strongest magic, and the value of true love blah blah blah.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause it's true. OUaT does not have all of that, though I will admit that after season 2 there might not have been anywhere to go but down. Charming has shown a lot of character growth throughout the 3 seasons, Snow's had a lot of emotional scenes, Gold as you said is awesome, I could go on. Outside of Hook and Cora, there's very few characters that don't fit, nor do any of their story lines seem forced.

What parts are unrealistic? I expect a show that tries to market itself as being realistic to be that. Anyway, I thought that TWD was more about the characters, not the zombies? Just about every single character sucks, entire episodes are wasted and one death is shown at the end. At least with OUaT they have an excuse to be sappy, it's an inspirational show about good prevailing over evil. And isn't love the most powerful magic?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@xanni15:

Cause it's true. OUaT does not have all of that, though I will admit that after season 2 there might not have been anywhere to go but down. Charming has shown a lot of character growth throughout the 3 seasons, Snow's had a lot of emotional scenes, Gold as you said is awesome, I could go on. Outside of Hook and Cora, there's very few characters that don't fit, nor do any of their story lines seem forced.

What parts are unrealistic? I expect a show that tries to market itself as being realistic to be that. Anyway, I thought that TWD was more about the characters, not the zombies? Just about every single character sucks, entire episodes are wasted and one death is shown at the end. At least with OUaT they have an excuse to be sappy, it's an inspirational show about good prevailing over evil. And isn't love the most powerful magic?

Charming hasn't been interesting since season 1 when we saw him in the Homelands, everything he's done as sheriff has been dull to me, and what growth has he shown? He seems to be the same now as he always was. I have literally become annoyed with Snow during the current season with her moping around over killing Cora, which was the smart thing to do, however, she may become more interesting now that she seems to be getting over it. Gold, yes, is awesome. Regina's "trying to be good for Henry's sake" is completely forced. Everyone else in the show either seem to be there for filler purposes, Red, the Dwarfs, Hopper. They just don't...do anything. And now they have that ridiculous giant thrown into the mix too.

The Walking Dead is about the people, which is why it isn't just mindless zombie killings and action, the characters develop over the show, each and every one of them, Darryl, Rick, Carl, Michonne, heck, even Merl. Every character is interesting in their own right, and every character fits into the show. And no, love isn't the most powerful magic, it's not magic at all, it's a concept, turning a person into a frog is magic :P

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charming hasn't been interesting since season 1 when we saw him in the Homelands, everything he's done as sheriff has been dull to me, and what growth has he shown? He seems to be the same now as he always was. I have literally become annoyed with Snow during the current season with her moping around over killing Cora, which was the smart thing to do, however, she may become more interesting now that she seems to be getting over it. Gold, yes, is awesome. Regina's "trying to be good for Henry's sake" is completely forced. Everyone else in the show either seem to be there for filler purposes, Red, the Dwarfs, Hopper. They just don't...do anything. And now they have that ridiculous giant thrown into the mix too.

The Walking Dead is about the people, which is why it isn't just mindless zombie killings and action, the characters develop over the show, each and every one of them, Darryl, Rick, Carl, Michonne, heck, even Merl. Every character is interesting in their own right, and every character fits into the show. And no, love isn't the most powerful magic, it's not magic at all, it's a concept, turning a person into a frog is magic :P

He started out as a simple farmboy, thrust into a situation (an arranged marriage, being a prince, fighting a dragon, loving Snow) much too big for him but he dealt with it with integrity, never giving up or betraying who he was, though there were some downtime's like the whole Kathryn thing. It sounds as though the latter part of season 2 is where a lot of your issues are coming from, and I agree, as do many of the fans. Cora and Hook are horrible characters, They're boring and not the least bit threatening to Gold. I have felt from the start that they made him too powerful, that no matter the villain they'll never measure up to him.

What's wrong with Snow? She's a kindhearted person who is dealing with a few issues of her own. It's a family oriented show, thus killing is wrong, good must be morally superior to evil. She made a decision that MAY have been the best choice, but not the right choice. I don't feel like Regina's act was anything more, and as you've seen she's not faking it anymore. If she has a weakness, it's that she too isn't a challenge for Gold, and she's the only villain. That's a lot of burden to carry.

They're supporting characters. :P Do they maybe have too many story-lines going? I could see how some would say that, but there's nothing forced there. Hopper's providing people with a moral compass, keeping good from sinking to the level of evil. He's an inspiration to us all. ;)

Come on, now. lol I never said it was just about zombies, and most of my issues are with the characters. I don't feel they've really grown as characters (except Rick's more unstable now), they're boring, uninteresting, and inconsistent to say the least. I think Hershel's still got his cheat code on for unlimited ammo, Carl's killing people in cold blood in addition to having uncanny accuracy, Carol's beyond useless (though somehow learned to be a semi-nurse in under a year), etc. Did you see how Glenn proposed to Maggie?

Glenn-"Here" *places ring in her hand*

Maggie- "Yes"

So romantic. :P

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Also, have we gone too far off topic? I have no problem continuing, It's fun so far but I don't want to hijack this thread. :]

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@xanni15 said:
@the_stegman said:

He started out as a simple farmboy, thrust into a situation (an arranged marriage, being a prince, fighting a dragon, loving Snow) much too big for him but he dealt with it with integrity, never giving up or betraying who he was, though there were some downtime's like the whole Kathryn thing. It sounds as though the latter part of season 2 is where a lot of your issues are coming from, and I agree, as do many of the fans. Cora and Hook are horrible characters, They're boring and not the least bit threatening to Gold. I have felt from the start that they made him too powerful, that no matter the villain they'll never measure up to him.

What's wrong with Snow? She's a kindhearted person who is dealing with a few issues of her own. It's a family oriented show, thus killing is wrong, good must be morally superior to evil. She made a decision that MAY have been the best choice, but not the right choice. I don't feel like Regina's act was anything more, and as you've seen she's not faking it anymore. If she has a weakness, it's that she too isn't a challenge for Gold, and she's the only villain. That's a lot of burden to carry.

They're supporting characters. :P Do they maybe have too many story-lines going? I could see how some would say that, but there's nothing forced there. Hopper's providing people with a moral compass, keeping good from sinking to the level of evil. He's an inspiration to us all. ;)

Come on, now. lol I never said it was just about zombies, and most of my issues are with the characters. I don't feel they've really grown as characters (except Rick's more unstable now), they're boring, uninteresting, and inconsistent to say the least. I think Hershel's still got his cheat code on for unlimited ammo, Carl's killing people in cold blood in addition to having uncanny accuracy, Carol's beyond useless (though somehow learned to be a semi-nurse in under a year), etc. Did you see how Glenn proposed to Maggie?

Glenn-"Here" *places ring in her hand*

Maggie- "Yes"

So romantic. :P

That's what I meant though, I said Charming hasn't been interesting since the Homelands, that's where most of his story, going from farmboy to prince has taken place. After that, he's been pretty much the same old guy since season 2. As for Snow. I understand she's kind hearted, but in the past she has had no problems with making the tough calls, she doesn't WANT to kill, but she didn't carry around a bow and arrow for fun, which is why I was so frustrated when she basically broke down in a fit of depression for doing the right thing, she took down Cora before Cora could put everyone she cared about into danger, the ends more than justified the means.

As for Regina, she's..complex, which I like about her, I like that she isn't "just evil for evil's sake" and the showed why she hates Snow, but this whole "I want to be good for Henry's sake, no wait, I think I'll be a little evil, no, no, I'm good, for Henry, then again...revenge..." is getting a tad much. It's like one step forward, two steps back with her...but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day, so I'll let that slide for now.

The rest of the townspeople aren't even supporting characters, they're fodder, they only show up when the main characters visit their place of business, or when the show needs a filler episode to throw out. And who has Hopper inspired? His dog? :P

But their inconstant behavior is a form of growth. Rick has gone from the capable but reluctant leader, to the stern leader, to a now slightly insane man who is looking out for his people and trying to survive, Hershel does indeed have a cheat code, it's ABBABBX, Carl to me has had the MOST development, going from a slightly useless kid, having to mature quickly over the time they've been out in the wild, and has seen so many of his loved ones die that he is ready to do whatever it takes to stop it from happening, even becoming a ''cold blooded killer'(the same thing happens in the comics) And they've been in a zombie Apocalypse for at least two years now, more than enough time to learn how to shoot, in season two they even show him being giving lessons it's not out of the blue. And for Carol, again, they have been out there for years, more than enough time for her to learn at least basic medical skills.

The dead are eating the living, "Yes" is as about as romantic as it's going to get, this is no fairy tale lol

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire are the only acceptable answers. I'm a fan of a bunch of the others listed but these 4 are miles ahead of the other shows on this list

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

It goes in cycles, Charming had to take a back seat as far as the main story was concerned but he's getting back to the forefront. They gave him the Sheriff job when Emma and Snow were transported away, he became an amazing leader of Storybrooke, and he wants to go home but his wife and true love doesn't. Exactly, Snow's grown, she's no longer the same woman she used to be. Her relationship with Charming has changed her, and IMO for the better. Regina has no problems making tough calls and killing, Snow's restraint is what separates them. there's plenty of instances where the end justifies the means but that doesn't exactly mean that it's the right choice to make. As Charming has said "We've stopped them before", and they stopped them again. Good will always prevail. :] The only reason Cora was a minor threat was because Gold was laid up, that's it.

As for Regina, she's..complex, which I like about her, I like that she isn't "just evil for evil's sake" and the showed why she hates Snow, but this whole "I want to be good for Henry's sake, no wait, I think I'll be a little evil, no, no, I'm good, for Henry, then again...revenge..." is getting a tad much. It's like one step forward, two steps back with her...but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day, so I'll let that slide for now.

The rest of the townspeople aren't even supporting characters, they're fodder, they only show up when the main characters visit their place of business, or when the show needs a filler episode to throw out. And who has Hopper inspired? His dog? :P

Regina is in a power struggle, with herself and those in the town. She loves Henry, but Emma's his bio mother . Her past has changed her permanently, she wasn't raised properly, and she's had some traumatic events. she's just not sure how to react with Henry and Emma doing their thing to keep her away. The least that could be said is that she did truly try.

TWD would know a lot about fodder. lol They all have a part to play in the town and in the overall story., and they're all connected somehow. Not true, they've gotten origin episodes. :P He's inspired more than a few characters on the show. The show is by no means perfect. :]

@xanni15 said:

But their inconstant behavior is a form of growth. Rick has gone from the capable but reluctant leader, to the stern leader, to a now slightly insane man who is looking out for his people and trying to survive, Hershel does indeed have a cheat code, it's ABBABBX, Carl to me has had the MOST development, going from a slightly useless kid, having to mature quickly over the time they've been out in the wild, and has seen so many of his loved ones die that he is ready to do whatever it takes to stop it from happening, even becoming a ''cold blooded killer'(the same thing happens in the comics) And they've been in a zombie Apocalypse for at least two years now, more than enough time to learn how to shoot, in season two they even show him being giving lessons it's not out of the blue. And for Carol, again, they have been out there for years, more than enough time for her to learn at least basic medical skills.

The dead are eating the living, "Yes" is as about as romantic as it's going to get, this is no fairy tale lol

Rick's always been crazy IMO, his treatment of Shane was uncalled for, and in the pilot (and first issue of the comic) he shows terrible judgement that results in himself being put in the hospital. He's a massive control freak, even still. Leads his "people" into bad situation after bad situation, then falls back on the "Where else you gonna go?" attitude. Rick's not a honorable man, he's a dirtbag and a horrible father. Well, I disagree, Carl might be the most pointless character on the show IMO, simply there to be a young character. his constant mood swings, ridiculous choices, and that stupid hat, annoy me to no end. lol He makes choices that directly put his loved ones in danger, not to mention himself.

I think there's a difference between learning how to shoot and how accurate they are. I find it hard to believe that they're that accurate, unless they stumbled upon a fully stocked gun shop during the break between S2 and S3, where did the get the thousands upon thousands of rounds for practice? They also just happen to stumble upon baby formula? Lucky them. :]

And that is the main difference, you're comparing a show marketed and written as a fairy tale to a zombie apocalypse.Those are very different concepts. Magic in OUaT is a plot device, it accomplishes whatever is needed to, true love can break curses, good always wins, people are morally superior, and characters react more appropriately to their actions. Carl kills someone in cold blood and shrugs it off, while Snow makes a decision that results in an incredibly evil person dying, she has a breakdown. I think most people can relate to Snow's reaction as opposed to Carl's.

Avatar image for theblacklantern
TheBlackLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough choice between Breaking bad, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire but in the end voted for Breaking bad.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

PREVOUSLY ON AMC'S BREAKING BAD.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lilben42

GAME OF THRONES!

@quirky_anecdotes said:

Agreed, i only watched it because everyone at school was talking about it. Its so dumb to me.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lilben42
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Xanni15
lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Xanni15
Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

There are a lot of shows on that list that I like. I voted for Downton Abbey because it seems to have the widest appeal. It has a little something for everybody. Breaking Bad, Doctor Who, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, and Sherlock are all really good shows too.