I've learned my lesson about debating in a DBZ battle thread

• 65 results
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After I was told a few years back that Goku could bust a universe I was done.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't think they can bust the things they are said to be able to, but their attacks can do the same damage to someone as said levels of busting, similar to a god blast

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is classic Comicvine. No comic or universe has consistency, not one. But when DBZ does inconsistency, it's singled out for that reason.

Thank you OP, I will be citing this thread for why it's not the DBZ fans fault for the ban, but because of the cancerous Vs. community.

=)

This

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't mean to sound butt hurt but the main thing that irritates me is the power scaling, it is pretty ridiculous imo.

You can have someone that has been shown to go 8 times the speed of light at his best feat, fair enough. But then the guy will say that because of scaling he can actually go 13 times the speed of light, which the character has never come close too, so I don't understand how it is a solid way to debate

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ratava
@ximpossibrux said:

This is classic Comicvine. No comic or universe has consistency, not one. But when DBZ does inconsistency, it's singled out for that reason.

Thank you OP, I will be citing this thread for why it's not the DBZ fans fault for the ban, but because of the cancerous Vs. community.

=)

so much this lol

+

the fanrage that starts immediately, if its within the slightest chance of possibility that someone from DB/Z can hold his own against seomeone popular from a comic.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

don't mean to sound butt hurt but the main thing that irritates me is the power scaling, it is pretty ridiculous imo.

You can have someone that has been shown to go 8 times the speed of light at his best feat, fair enough. But then the guy will say that because of scaling he can actually go 13 times the speed of light, which the character has never come close too, so I don't understand how it is a solid way to debate

exactly...

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Much as I love DBZ, it is incredibly inconsistent. I've seen folks claim that Whis and Beerus traveling to earth is a FTL feet, thus making Beerus MFTL. The problem is that Whis transported them there with a spell. At least that's how it looked when I watched Battle of Gods the other day. They weren't flying in the way characters normally fly, nor were they teleporting because it took them over thirty minutes to reach King Kai's planet from wherever they were in space at the time(which wasn't specified). They stood next to each other and Whis made a big circle on the ground beneath them, then they were taken by a beam of light to their destination.

This gives no credence to claims that Beerus or Whis can travel FTL without that spell, much less fight FTL. I even asked my friend what he thought after we watched the movie together and he seemed pretty iffy on whether they're FTL or not. DBZ is made to be inconsistent. It has awesome feats without being bogged down by numbers. That's part of its charm, imo.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL This is why I dislike dragon ball z. The fans unmotivated me to watch it.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of banning all DB vs Comic threads, why not just say powerscaling in debating is not allowed? That'll be a much better idea.

Technically, IIRC, by the battle forum rules power scaling isn't allowed. The rules call for proof and feats to support claims. Power scaling is really just speculation backed up by questionable math and fan-made logic (Toriyama did away with Power Levels before the end of the Frieza saga).

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux said:

=)

This

No, stop playing the victim. The reason people don't take DBZ seriously is because there simply aren't any feats beyond speculation to back up the claims. Yeah, comics are inconsistent but 9/10 a debater can provide definite proof and pattern to back up the claims. However, with DBZ, a lot of the claims are the result of speculation. And, like it or note, speculation does not belong in debates.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ximpossibrux said:

=)

This

You know what's the difference between a cancerous arm and cancerous lungs? If just your arm has cancer you can amputate it and still live, but you can't just rip out your lungs when it has cancer.

The same is said of Comic Vine. This community is not only tolerant of but also dedicated to deal with inconsistencies and fanboyism in comics. What about manga, are they welcome? Sure! But don't expect us to tolerate inconsistencies and erroneous fanboyism when it takes its toll on our comic community.

@saren explained this to me and he can explain this to you as well.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#62 inferiorego  Staff

The circle of life continues. DBZ vs Comic threads have been banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned for all these same reasons for the past 7 years I've been here. It will continue to happen until the end of time. It's a very particular circle of Hell.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Mandarinestro

@inferiorego said:

The circle of life continues. DBZ vs Comic threads have been banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned for all these same reasons for the past 7 years I've been here. It will continue to happen until the end of time. It's a very particular circle of Hell.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My only question about DBZ is why Trunks felt the need to carry around a sword when practically everyone can fire energy blasts that can range from city busting to planet busting.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I'm not playing a victim at all, I agreed with his statement because people like to point out the inconsistencies in Dragon Ball, but when somebody else does the opposite to somebody else, they're either lowballing or a Ztard. I'm not saying all Dbz fans are victims, their are some fanboys out there. If you see somebody saying Goku bust a universe through powerscaling, just ignore it like I always do.