Gay Respect Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#651  Edited By minigunman123

@charlieboy said:

@minigunman123: Can we just stop with all of this? I hate coming to this thread and seeing all of this negativity.

I'm not the one responding to my own comments. I thought this discussion died already, but some people are still butthurt and trying to twist my words because they want to hate me, for some reason.

@satyrgod said:

@minigunman123: I also stated "really dislike" in parentheses because you argued previously that you are not a homophobe because you don't 'hate or fear' gay people. I articulated thusly to illustrate your semantic rhetoric. But perhaps you'd prefer to explain your position further: if not hatred or fear, what would you call your feelings?

I would not like to explain my position, because I don't have a position. I treat gay people just like everyone else I notice and come across; with cynicism, with questioning, and with a desire for them to earn my respect for being gay. People shouldn't have made a gay respect thread because by doing so, they're simply furthering the segregation of gays from society. They don't want to be part of society. They want to have a clubroom where they can ostracize people who don't have membership cards or throw compliments and pretty pictures at them; like me. That's my position and that's why this thread and people who keep responding to me "thusly" make me annoyed, and I have no respect for them. If people wanted to respect people equally they'd have made "Comic Vine Respect Thread" and put gay people in there as much as they want, not a solely "gay respect thread". That is why this thread is silly and deserves no respect. They want respect and recognition for simply being born and some of them, maybe even a lot of them, being bullied. That happens to everyone. They shouldn't have made another thread for people to dump their misconceptions like the guy that originally got me to post in here, who said something like "it's amazing gays can take so much crap and not get pissed off or violent". Now, I get that a lot of people agree with me that gays get angry and/or violent just like everyone else, because they're humans; all I did was point it out first. Then I got jumped on and now I'm about to have a stroke from the annoyance this thread is causing me.

My position is that I don't care about gays at all. I also don't care about almost any heterosexual people at all. I care about people making a big deal about nothing important and being stupid, which this thread is the king of.

My feelings aren't up for debate, either. I'm simply telling you what they are. They're not up for debate.

@YoungJustice: In this context, I'm using "Gay" to mean "anyone who has sex with people of the same gender as themselves". I'm sorry if I misused a word because people made sexuality so incredibly and annoyingly complicated.

I "dare" because I don't care, 12 year old. You can call me caucasian, but I'm not from the Caucasus region; same difference there, too. It doesn't matter. Get off your high horse. It's not even uncommon to use the term to describe most people of the "LGBT community" (if you're wondering why I put that in quotes, see my response to Satyrgod about why I think gays are segregating themselves more than heterosexuals could ever hope to do, and why I think they're (the ones who actively do it) idiots for doing it). Chill out.

I'm done posting in this thread. This thread has never produced anything meaningful because of the hypocritical double talk implicit in it's name and purpose, and it likely never will produce anything meaningful. It might make some of you feel good that famous or successful people can be gay or bisexual or *enter sexuality here*. Good. But it's not helping the problem, because like I said, you're still segregating yourselves from the society you claim you want to integrate into, and ostracizing anyone that doesn't "fit in" (in this case, "fitting in" meaning "never saying anything against anyone in the thread ever) to your little group absolutely perfectly, just like the people you claim you're bullied by. It's a minor, short term solution, to a long term problem you're all having (gathered from the raging amounts of "gays are abused" I get shouted at every time I post in here, I'm guessing that apparently no homosexual was ever treated fairly in the world as we know it. Way to skew reality.)

And just for the flipping record that you all like to keep track of.

I didn't come in here starting a fight or debate.

I came in here doing what any smart person should want to do, and what has happened in thousands of CV threads: curing someone of an obviously incorrect thing they said.

Everything that followed was everyone else's fault for dragging this goddamn issue out.

Peace out, have fun, everyone in here lost all my respect, unless you actually read what I said and have the balls to admit I've done nothing wrong, and am trying to help society more than you all ever have in this thread, and get it through your heads I don't have any bias against gays or anyone non-heterosexual, anyone who says I do is just trying to discredit me because they don't like what I'm saying.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#652  Edited By charlieboy

@minigunman123: Dude, if this thread is causing you such annoyance then stop coming here. You seem to have an issue with this thread in general so why partake in it? You are an intelligent person. You know the kind of things you say are going to cause a stir and then you act like the wounded party.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#653  Edited By charlieboy

I don't think we should apologize for this thread because some people just don't get it. As I have said before this is a place for the Comicvine LGBT community to come together and discuss our lives. We welcome all people. There are lots of people that aren't gay that get it. What we don't welcome is the negativity. I know this thread is going to draw attacks. But in this day and age I find it sad.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#654  Edited By YoungJustice

I'm going to stop, because some of the things that are being said are ridiculous and childish, but what should we expect from him.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@YoungJustice said:

I'm going to stop, because some of the things that are being said are ridiculous and childish, but what should we expect from him.

Who is him?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#656  Edited By YoungJustice

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@YoungJustice said:

Who is him?

Minigunman.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YoungJustice said:

@YoungJustice said:

Who is him?

Minigunman.

Saying things like that might just stir up more trouble that this thread doesn't need.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658  Edited By YoungJustice

@YoungJustice said:

@YoungJustice said:

Who is him?

Minigunman.

Saying things like that might just stir up more trouble that this thread doesn't need.

Not trying to cause any more damage.

If anyone feels the need to jump at me for any of my comments, I'll happily continue them in pm.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YoungJustice said:

@YoungJustice said:

@YoungJustice said:

Who is him?

Minigunman.

If anyone feels the need to jump at me for any of my comments, I'll happily continue them in pm.

Just dont.This thread has been derailed long enough.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#660  Edited By YoungJustice

@YoungJustice said:

@YoungJustice said:

@YoungJustice said:

Who is him?

Minigunman.

Thats why I would continue them in pm, so I wouldnt bring down this thread.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YoungJustice said:

@YoungJustice said:

@YoungJustice said:

@YoungJustice said:

Who is him?

Minigunman.

Thats why I would continue them in pm, so I wouldnt bring down this thread.

Fair enough.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662  Edited By charlieboy

Happy Holidays Everybody!!!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#663  Edited By laflux

That's frank ocean and his boyfriend by the way :)

No Caption Provided
satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#664  Edited By satyrgod

@laflux: frank ocean?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665  Edited By laflux

@satyrgod: The black dude lol.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666  Edited By satyrgod

@laflux: The other guy's cuter.

They famous?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#667  Edited By laflux

@satyrgod: Frank Ocean is a up and coming popular R and B singer. His boyfriend is unsurprisingly, a model.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#668  Edited By Samimista

I just wanted to say I'm a straight female but I always love to come on here from time to time to share my support. I have a lot of friends who are of different sexual orientation and struggle with acceptance due to bullies and people who can't mind their own business. Honestly, I think everyone should do what makes them happy. I don't see why others are too obsessive with one person's life and repeatedly bash that person for a decision their against.

I remember as a young kid, I had a male friend in elementary school who used to play with dolls and hangout with the girls. He was one of my old friends. Back then, I had no clue about sexual orientation or anything like that but I remember all the 'tough' guys would try to tease him. I remember two of my friends and I would defend him. I have not spoke to him in years and honestly did not know him too well as we'd only play together during recess but not long ago I saw him being really happy and holding hands with another gentlemen at a fishing dock. I didn't say anything but did smile as I was unsure if he would recognize me or not since it's been years but glad that he didn't give into the bullying.

It's ridiculous how technology has advanced yet we humans cannot advance into the current times. The heart cannot see color or gender. It can only hear another heart that it becomes close to. Gay marriage should be legal everywhere as there should be no reason why they cannot get married. We are all human beings who seek out to live a happy life and not one of us should be held back from our dreams and desires.

Peace and love everyone.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669  Edited By laflux

@Samimista: ^_^

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670  Edited By Samimista

@laflux:

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#671  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista said:

I just wanted to say I'm a straight female but I always love to come on here from time to time to share my support. I have a lot of friends who are of different sexual orientation and struggle with acceptance due to bullies and people who can't mind their own business. Honestly, I think everyone should do what makes them happy. I don't see why others are too obsessive with one person's life and repeatedly bash that person for a decision their against.

I remember as a young kid, I had a male friend in elementary school who used to play with dolls and hangout with the girls. He was one of my old friends. Back then, I had no clue about sexual orientation or anything like that but I remember all the 'tough' guys would try to tease him. I remember two of my friends and I would defend him. I have not spoke to him in years and honestly did not know him too well as we'd only play together during recess but not long ago I saw him being really happy and holding hands with another gentlemen at a fishing dock. I didn't say anything but did smile as I was unsure if he would recognize me or not since it's been years but glad that he didn't give into the bullying.

It's ridiculous how technology has advanced yet we humans cannot advance into the current times. The heart cannot see color or gender. It can only hear another heart that it becomes close to. Gay marriage should be legal everywhere as there should be no reason why they cannot get married. We are all human beings who seek out to live a happy life and not one of us should be held back from our dreams and desires.

Peace and love everyone.

Not even I could have put it better.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#672  Edited By Samimista

@dccomicsrule2011: Thank you my friend. Just speaking as a strong supporter as I've heard and seen my friends of a different orientation try to fight their way towards freedom. It's a tough world out there unfortunately.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#673  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista said:

I know I do not see why people dislike other people for they Gender/race/Sexuality, it is just plain ridiculous.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#674  Edited By Samimista

@dccomicsrule2011: Completely agree. I don't see why anybody should get harassed for following their own heart. Love is a wonderful feeling everyone should experienced without getting harassed from.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#675  Edited By charlieboy

@Samimista said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Completely agree. I don't see why anybody should get harassed for following their own heart. Love is a wonderful feeling everyone should experienced without getting harassed from.

Couldn't agree more.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#676  Edited By Hawkeye446

@charlieboy: @dccomicsrule2011: @Samimista: <3 ^_^

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677  Edited By INLIFE

My family, friends, and I were having a conversation about discrimination earlier today. My parents admitted that while they realize that discriminating against homosexuals are wrong, the culture one is raised in would affect them for the rest of their lives. They come from a culture were this continues to be under wraps, but they realize that discrimination is wrong. If my parents had not come to the U.S, they would have never seen the difference and would have continued to only see their culture's beliefs. The entire conversation brought me to a realization that, at the current path of society, people will continue to see that discrimination is wrong and stop it someday in the future. With the right effort, it is only a matter of time. I do not discriminate as I see humans beings as just human beings. I do not see why one must over complicate such a simple concept. Everybody deserves the chance to pursue their happiness and a good life as long as it does not injure others.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#678  Edited By Samimista

@Hawkeye446: @charlieboy: ^___^ *high five*

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#679  Edited By Fire Star
No Caption Provided

Pretty much. I should have the same rights as the same heterosexual person beside me.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What is there to respect ?

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#681  Edited By satyrgod

@laflux said:"Frank Ocean is a up and coming popular R and B singer. His boyfriend is unsurprisingly, a model."

Frank Ocean! He had a song in the eighties -- Carob Bean Queen? About an ex, I'm assuming?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#682  Edited By YoungJustice

@consolemaster001 said:

Now this explains why I had a bad feeling about you..

The LGBT community goes through what I can best describe sh-t, whether its about appearance or sexuality, a lot of people hate on them.

And the OP obviously thought that they should finally get some respect.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#683  Edited By YoungJustice

@laflux said:

That's frank ocean and his boyfriend by the way :)

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@YoungJustice said:

@consolemaster001 said:

The LGBT community goes through what I can best describe sh-t, whether its about appearance or sexuality, a lot of people hate on them.

Thank you for that answer . And why would you have a bad feeling about me ? Let's talk (not here of course).

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#685  Edited By YoungJustice

@consolemaster001 said:

@YoungJustice said:

@consolemaster001 said:

Thank you for that answer . And why would you have a bad feeling about me ? Let's talk (not here of course).

Sorry, just sounded like you were being rude, but I was too, my apologies.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#686  Edited By satyrgod

So how many non-straightlaced-heteros are there on ComicVine?

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#687  Edited By INLIFE

@satyrgod said:

So how many non-straightlaced-heteros are there on ComicVine?

What Does That Mean?

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#688  Edited By satyrgod

@INLIFE:

Yeah, I realized the ambiguity after the fact. I mean how many non-heteros and non-straight heteros are there on ComicVine? The word "straight" connotes not just hetero but... traditional or "not alternative". Is "conventional" a better usage? Straight is hetero, but hetero doesn't necessarily assume straight. Hetero with fetish(es) isn't exactly straight, is it? I fit into a number of alternative lifestyle categories (sexual orientation, sex preferences, religion, education, etc.) and I wonder how many of us are out here, how many of you can relate? And what is the ratio of "hetero and straight" self-identification?

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#689  Edited By INLIFE

@satyrgod:

I Go By A Much More Simpler System.......You Like Something; Does Not Mean You Have To Like Something Else That Seems Correlated To Your Preference Based On The Studies Of Others.

Yeah, "conventional" or "not alternative" would have been just easier to put.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#690  Edited By satyrgod

@INLIFE: And what do you like?

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#691  Edited By INLIFE

@satyrgod said:

@INLIFE: And what do you like?

Could You Expand On That? I Do Not Know What You Are Referring To Exactly.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#692  Edited By Samimista

"Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one"

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Samimista said:

It isn't hard to do

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

But I'm not the only one

Aw I like that thanks for posting that.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#694  Edited By Samimista

@Samimista said:

It isn't hard to do

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

But I'm not the only one

Anytime I adore John Lennon's work. Such a talented man.

^ I think this should be the new anthem of the whole world and that everyone should take it to heart.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Samimista said:

@Samimista said:

It isn't hard to do

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

But I'm not the only one

^ I think this should be the new anthem of the whole world and that everyone should take it to heart.

I thought you made it up.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#696  Edited By Samimista

@Samimista said:

@Samimista said:

It isn't hard to do

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

But I'm not the only one

Lol! I'm afraid not. xD I had quotes around it. =) Though maybe I should try coming up with something about peace and love. Have you listened to John Lennon? Here's another wonderful song;

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Samimista said:

@Samimista said:

@Samimista said:

It isn't hard to do

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

But I'm not the only one

Lol! I'm afraid not. xD I had quotes around it. =) Though maybe I should try coming up with something about peace and love. Have you listened to John Lennon? Here's another wonderful song;

Go for it.

I have but I am not really that keen on the Beatles.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#698  Edited By Samimista

@mrdecepticonleader: Isn't it just wonderful how music can speak to the soul? I just love how it's a form of art. I think I'll find a few more songs for this thread. Love is very beautiful and shouldn't be discriminated against. =)

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Samimista said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Isn't it just wonderful how music can speak to the soul? I just love how it's a form of art. I think I'll find a few more songs for this thread. Love is very beautiful and shouldn't be discriminated against. =)

True it shouldn't.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#700  Edited By satyrgod

@INLIFE: What do you like, what are you into?