User Lists: 0

This is bad guys

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Farewell G-Man, thanks for creating a site I've made into my online home. I guess this is the final countdown.

Loading Video...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Guys calm down. Comicvine isn't going to shut down or anything like that. There is still inferiorego, and Rorie.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HeroUp2112
Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we're all going to die

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@jashro44: I can get behind Inferiorego taking over but he's not enough alone. Luckily the forums generate ad revenue and there is still some activity left so I guess Comicvine can limp along.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Guys calm down. Comicvine isn't going to shut down or anything like that. There is still inferiorego, and Rorie.

Don't forget Pikahyper

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mysticmedivh

Should Inferiorego leave then the last pillar will crumble and ComicVine will defenseless.

Lord Chew will mastermind a brilliant attack; with millions of NoHates under his command he will swam ComicVine and eventually the moderator overlords, although mighty, will succumb after fighting for many days against the overwhelming numbers of NoHates.

After ascending to the throne, Emperor Chew will depose of the remaining establishment. DBZ will be unbanned and the Church of Bat-God will become the official state religion of ComicVine.

ComicVine will then flourish and enter an eternal golden age under Bat-God's grace and blessings.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@jashro44 said:

Don't forget Pikahyper

Pika is a mod, IIRC.

He is like the god of the Wiki though.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like bad news, but good things might come later.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I guess we don't even rate a goodbye article concerning G-Man or a word on the sites future.....

Bumpaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, he checked out long ago. We've been at the mercy of wannabe godlike mods for sometime and it won't stop until this site is overrun by the ridiculous "battles" board that has a ridiculous rating system that no one but jashro and one or two other tattletales really understand. Prepare to be sanitized.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#22 frozen  Moderator

@dernman said:

I guess we don't even rate a goodbye article concerning G-Man or a word on the sites future.....

That is a bit strange, there's still time though.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dernman

@lvenger said:

@jashro44: I can get behind Inferiorego taking over but he's not enough alone. Luckily the forums generate ad revenue and there is still some activity left so I guess Comicvine can limp along.

Maybe but he can be an ^*&^ at times and with him in charge I can see him paving the way for the Gamespot way of things. Alot less freedom to say the things we want unless they align with certain ways of thinking. I've always felt it was Tony who gave us that freedom, and that IE was more aligned with those who would squash that.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpaddle: You sound incredibly salty over something. I'm guessing you had a bad experience with battle boards...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: -_- That would be a incredibly bad choice. I mean the site does have to be family friendly but even under that rule there's been a broad userbase with different views and preferences both on comics and real stuff.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jwwprod

@jashro44 said:

Hopefully.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He could have posted that on the vine as well. Oh well.

Wish him the best.

Bumpaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: Not a personal experience but come on. That place is overrun with ROCK VS SCISSORS! BLOODLUSTED!!!! Then someone tattles and it gets shut down and for what? Don't tell me it's for server room because the very next post is PAPER VS ROCK! BLLLLLLLOOOOOOOODDDLUUUUUUUSSSSSTTTEEEEDDDDEEEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpaddle: ...Well okay lol. And you forgot Paper vs. Scissors...stats equalized.

Bumpaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be the beginning of the end for us here. Hopefully not, but I don't think Gamespot really cares for this site.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@dernman: -_- That would be a incredibly bad choice. I mean the site does have to be family friendly but even under that rule there's been a broad userbase with different views and preferences both on comics and real stuff.

Now that the staff have been downsized, does CV really have to be family friendly? Especially if the site becomes more forum driven. I suspect it won't change anything though in that regard and CV will still have to be family friendly.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Loading Video...

@jashro44 said:

Don't forget Pikahyper

Pikahyper is in fact the only one left adding any actual value to this site.

The Wiki is the only thing of any actual Value here at this point.

Once CBS finds a way to monetize it The actual end cannot be far off.

So many invested so much effort and it is all that is left.

The Battle forums are a bad joke and have been for some time.

Babs and G-Man were the heart and soul of this place.

I hope G-man founds a new independant site.

Places where like minded individuals can chat freely are a threat to TPTB.

The noose around the neck of free speech grows ever tighter with each passing day.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#35 inferiorego  Staff

Here we go.... Time to answer your questions.

Hi. Comic Vine is not going anywhere. Honestly, it's going to be a tad rough for a little while, as I'm mostly at GameSpot and have been for the past year, as you've probably noticed. I will do my best to put more focus on CV for the time being while things get adjusted. Please be patient, as I'm at Star Wars Celebration this week and C2E2 next week... and WonderCon two weeks ago. Needless to say, I'm pretty beat.

Questions about Tony leaving the site are for him to answer, so I will not be answering those. The guy hired me 8 or 9 years ago, and I've been with him ever since. He's one of my closest friends. This does suck. It's a bummer. But I really want you all to know the site isn't going anywhere.

The CV Podcast may return. I didn't feel right doing it without him the past couple of weeks, since that is his baby.

As for the forums, I don't care about your beliefs or what you say, as long as you treat each other with dignity and respect.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Throws confetti in the air*

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is CV gonna be hiring anyone else?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No offense to mat but he can't shoulder this site on his own. Tony CREATED this website, he's the heart and soul of it. And it's not like cv has a plethora of staff members to keep it going, this site is going the way of AnimeVice. It's been swell, guys. I suggest friending anyone you're close with here on Facebook (I've done it with quite a few people) to keep in touch. Maybe we'll all meet again in other life, like on BleedingCool or CBR.

Avatar image for thegamemastershaun
TheGamemasterShaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is that?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the real question... Was it of his own free will, or a product of GameStop's invasive takeover?

Only time will tell.

Ego you're next.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to continue following Gmans journey, you can follow his personal (new?) website

https://gmanfromheck.com

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

We had a good run, fellas. Let's ride it out.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#44 inferiorego  Staff

@jonez_ said:

Ego you're next.

I mean, technically, since I'm the last one, that's true. I am not going anywhere anytime soon though, unless I win the lotto. At that point, I'm outta here and starting my own podcast network.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 frozen  Moderator

No offense to mat but he can't shoulder this site on his own. Tony CREATED this website, he's the heart and soul of it. And it's not like cv has a plethora of staff members to keep it going, this site is going the way of AnimeVice. It's been swell, guys. I suggest friending anyone you're close with here on Facebook (I've done it with quite a few people) to keep in touch. Maybe we'll all meet again in other life, like on BleedingCool or CBR.

I completely forgot about AnimeVice.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_: My opinion is they didn't want to spend the money for him.

Agree. It feels like just more words to placate us like in the past when the subject came up. It does feel like anime vice. Remember when it closed they said it wasn't the end and that they'll continue in other forms. You see them now? No neither do i.

Sadly BC doesn't have much of a forum and CBR you'll get banned for saying hello the wrong way. Meaning it doesn't take much.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 frozen  Moderator

@thegamemastershaun: He's the co-creator of Comicvine and is the longest running staff member.

And he left without leaving a post. Just a goodbye on Twitter, which for most on the site will fly under the radar.

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hire me.

And we'll get along. He has done much for a while, and have been fine. I'll be damned if we go out before Giant Bomb

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@life_without_progress said:

@thegamemastershaun: He's the co-creator of Comicvine and is the longest running staff member.

And he left without leaving a post. Just a goodbye on Twitter, which for most on the site will fly under the radar.

Yeah I wouldn't even know about it if someone didn't post here. I don't like twitter and most social media places.

I wonder if he wasn't able. Like he wasn't allowed too or maybe he was just angry gamespot about having to leave.