#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

2012 has been an excellent year for movies so far (Avengers, The Raid, Chronicle, Cabin in the Woods, The Grey... Prometheus, TDKR, Hobbit still to come), but what has been your favorite year for new movies and why?

Note: You didn't need to be alive for the year to pick it. For example, someone that was born in 1985 could pick 1982 (Conan, Rocky III, Blade Runner, ET, The Thing etc)

***"Favorite Year" is a segment I'll make for TV, music, video games, and more as well.***

Staff
#2 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

'97. 

Because the only good bug is a dead bug.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: "I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!"

Haha, what else came out that year that you liked?

Staff
#4 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n
Men in Black
Air Force One
Liar Liar
Batman and Robin 
Con Air
Hercules
L.A. Confidential 
Jungle 2 Jungle
Money Talks
Event Horizon

...dude, the list goes on and on. I just went off of 1997 because of Starship Troopers, but good gods, that was an epic year for cinema.
#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

2003, because I don't really have a favorite but I thought of random movies I liked, two from 2003 came up and I looked it up and the year overall seemed decent enough

2 Fast 2 Furious (worst of the franchise but whatever, it's a movie); Bad Santa; Big Fish; Bruce Almighty (I like Jim Carrey); The Core; Daredevil; Elf; Finding Nemo; Freaky Friday; The Italian Job; Johnny English; Cradle of Life; League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Holes; Agent Cody Banks; Return of the King; Looney Tunes: Back in Action; Lizzie McGuire Movie; Once Upon a Time in Mexico; Curse of the Black Pearl; The Rundown; School of Rock; Sinbad; Underworld; X2; What a Girl Wants; and many more...classics, all of them

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: You're going to get hate for mentioning B&R. But you have my respect, lol.

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

2008 sticks out to me: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Dark Knight, Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, Tropic Thunder

#8 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
1974. But I might change my mind down the line.
#9 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely 2001.

Lord of the rings: The fellowship of the ring

Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone

Spirited away

Not another teen movie

A.I. Artificial Intelligence

The start of great movie trilogies and my favorite movie, A.I.

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Which films in particular?

@texasdeathmatch: You've won the thread.

Staff
#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: Chinatown, The Godfather: Part II, the Conversation, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia.
#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: The... Godfather? Never heard of it. Was that by Michael Bay?

Staff
#13 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

2000 had some classics

#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: It might, it's been so long I forget. And there were some explosions in it.
#15 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

2008 sticks out to me: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Dark Knight, Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, Tropic Thunder

So much win

#16 Posted by GTG12 (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

2008 or 2012. Need to see hobbit and DKR to be sure though I'm sure they will be good.

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh geez, there's too much to pin-point. A lot of my favourite movies are just massively scattered throughout the years but I have to go with:

@Gambit1024 said:

This and:

• 1994 was a spectacular year for films debuting Forrest Gump, Pulp Fiction, Shawshank Redemption, Clerks, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, and the famously hilarious Dumb and Dumber.
  • 2004- The Incredibles was brilliant, one of my all time favourites; Shaun of the Dead, Kill Bill Vol. 2 was good as was Hotel Rwanda.
#18 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

yup this

#19 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Morpheus_: The... Godfather? Never heard of it. Was that by Michael Bay?

You think this is funny. But wait until Bay gets to read your post and births a sinister idea in his brain. Come 2014, we'll have Michael Bay's Skyfather. It's basically faithful to Godfather. But they won't be named Corleones. They'd be called the Klingons. Cause they'll be aliens. And you can scrap Puzo's story. It will have a new grittier, sexier plot. But it will still be faithful... Cause the Skyfather would be voiced by a digitized version of Brando's Don Vito. And that is all we need anyway.

#20 Posted by UNIQUE69 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers for me was the best.

#21 Posted by Lunacyde (17648 posts) - - Show Bio

1977 Rocky and a New Hope