Why DBZ anime vs cartoon fights are forbidden?

• 65 results
BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@fukutora: No it's called the truth

1. Broly galaxy busting was a time lapse

2. Wasn't being rude that what they are called "Dbztards"

3. Cell was all hype+hyperbole nothing more.

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Grim187

@flashback0180: I just don't feel that many DBZ characters could hang with mid to top tier comic characters. And I would hate to see horrid things like "cell absorbed spiderman vs so-and-so". Comics and DBZ don't really mash together.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By midnightdragon18

Because Viner's get paralyzed with fear at the thought of goku beating their favorite comic character. Someone told me that batman could beat goku h2h if stats were equalized.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@flashback0180:

DBZ is literally one of the most popular influential anime/manga to have been created .Even Teen titans Go, used gokus hair do ,

Stopped here, you know nothing about anime and manga.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel used Dragon Ball Z as one of his influences.

Zod had a bunch of thing in common with Vegeta.

They keep the effects that punching does in DBZ.

The fight scenes are DBZ style.

Even if they were based on modern anime/manga, DBZ impact is huge in Japan and you can notice his impact all over the world.

DBZ is bigger in latin america that Marvel and DC put together.

So stop the DBZ hate.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashback0180:

DBZ is literally one of the most popular influential anime/manga to have been created .Even Teen titans Go, used gokus hair do ,

-_- I can argue I've read more manga than you.

Someone who ignores the fact dbz influenced the later generation is in serious denial.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Reboot DBZ and lower the powers to back when it was still interesting.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By Gizmorino

It's hilarious

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones said:

@flashback0180:

Someone who ignores the fact dbz influenced the later generation is in serious denial.

• I think you might be wrong, but I really don't care.
  • I'm not denying that DBZ had some influence, but to claim it's "the most influential manga/anime of all time" is just another way saying, "I don't know anything about anime or manga".
flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashback0180 said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

@flashback0180:

• I think you might be wrong, but I really don't care.
  • I'm not denying that DBZ had some influence, but to claim it's "the most influential manga/anime of all time" is just another way saying, "I don't know anything about anime or manga".

Did you read what I said, I said ONE of the most influential anime/manga.

FUKUTORA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FUKUTORA

Do you know what's my point about these battles?I didn't came here to flame or something.But the way I see it, both universes has spent their ideas and reached a zone where creators repeat themselves or just break something they had done good in the past for some trash becouse they lack ideas or there are no more ideas to put in.But a battle between the universes very well calculated and detailed with reasons for every move and punch can put thing into a ionteesting palce again.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because there is yet to be a DBZ fan that has rustle-proof jimmies.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fukutora said:

Do you know what's my point about these battles?I didn't came here to flame or something.But the way I see it, both universes has spent their ideas and reached a zone where creators repeat themselves or just break something they had done good in the past for some trash becouse they lack ideas or there are no more ideas to put in.But a battle between the universes very well calculated and detailed with reasons for every move and punch can put thing into a ionteesting palce again.

No Caption Provided

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fukutora:

Relax. Look it is probably best that they leave it banned that would be the smart thing to do for a number of reasons to. Look I've probably read more Marvel Now and DC New 52 than probably the majority of people on this site. I have watched a ton of Dbz as well and I love them both.

So I'm not going to be like some people on this thread and sh*t on either one of them because I like them both equally, and personally who would win in a fight matters not to me, simply because they'd never fight or see each other to begin with so I personally could care less who is deemed the winner.

But here are the reasons none the less:

1. Either side can't accept their character losing.

2. People feel as if say Superman can beat Goku, or Goku could beat Superman. People feel like the loser is going to be looked down upon even though he would not because the outcome would be completely subjective to begin with.

3. The Comic side says Anime has no feats therefore there is no proof on the Anime side.

4. They're both incredibly inconsistent.

In one Comic Superman and Flash will be super fast and in the next Flash won't be fast enough to stop a regular man who has a person at gun point, and Superman won't be fast to get zip by General Lane's defensive tanks and stop him before him and his crew before they are able to shot Superman down with their bullets made specially for Superman. What?!

Same for the Dbz side, Goku Super Sayain can trade blows with the mighty Frieza easily, but when Goku is laying down and krillin throws a small rock at Goku's head it hurts him. What?!

5. The debates are much easier when it DC vs DC and Marvel vs Marvel or even Comic vs Comic. No reason for there to ever be Frieza vs Superman or Android 18 vs Aquaman.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: that's why you use the manga for dbz my friend, it's not inconsistent TOO much

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Gymgoer205

Fanboys on both sides.