Who would you rather train under: MCU Cap or CW Arrow?

• 105 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who would you rather train under: MCU Cap or CW Arrow? (114 votes)

Steve 58%
Ollie 42%
Pick 1 one these 2 to learn to fight
Pick 1 one these 2 to learn to fight

• 
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Arrow has more martial arts expertise, and technically has no enhancements so he might be a better trainer for a non-enhanced...but I would much rather hang around Cap.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You may come out slightly harder under Ollie, but how miserible and broken will you be by the end? He didn't even seem to give two craps about his own sidekick, how good do you think you'll fare??

I choose Steve.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap. I don't respect douchebags, so I probably wouldn't stay more than a few days under Ollie. I'd still get the training under Cap, and I'd gain a new friend by the end of it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're not talking about season 2 Ollie. Granted, that guy was fine with putting an arrow through his own sidekicks leg basically just because he ticked him off. He abused Diggle with a smile and screamed at Felicity because she was sad after watching somebody get shot in the face... not my type of pal.

But current Ollie is much lighter, less sadistic, and he has a lot more experience as a trainer.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Definitely Arrow.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Definitely Ollie. He's been through some shhhtuff.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Steve has ever trained anyone. Ollie has.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gotoucanario

Ollie actually had to train his way from wimp to ripped, Steve got a shortcut. Ollie should know better how to train from zero. Plus Ollie has had many people under his wing before, Laurel was just a chick in shape with self defense training and she eventually turned into a sort of competent vigilante.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Arrowverse fighting really wouldn't help you much in real life. Even Cap, as slick as the choreography is, that's just not what fights are like in real life.

For real life, Nolan Ra's Al Ghul would be better than both to be honest. DCEU Batman too, while clearly heightened, there was a ground and pound realism to his technique, but we haven't seen him train anybody yet.

Assuming we exist in their universes, I go with Arrow. And I'd go with tough, brutal, even unfair Ollie, no point coddling me, my opponent won't coddle me in a real fight.

I'd rather have Daisy from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. train me though.

No Caption Provided

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

I would prefer:

• Stick
  • T'Challa
  • Nolan Ra's al Ghul
  • Animated Wong
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

I would never prefer Ollie to Steve.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ollie is much more skilled and would probably get you into better shape, but Steve is much more easygoing and understanding. Ollie seems to be getting better though.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stormdriven

If the poor overall performance of Team Arrow as fighters doesn't turn you off to wanting Oliver as a trainer, I don't know what will.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gokuss4z

Steve would push you hard but encourage you to be the best you can in the end I think he'd be a much more motivational instructor. Oliver on the other hand........

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie because i do believe he is more skilled by a little bit and i like bows. Caps physicald def help him because most of the time he only has to hit a guy once. That eould not be the case for me

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I'll have what he's having

FirstOlympian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver's a better teacher, Captain America would probably just run a circle around you shouting "on your left".

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By buildhare

Oliver teaches you six ways to block a punch, Steve teaches you five. The end result is exactly the same except one of the teachers is substantially more friendly and motivational.

Steve.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Batman3000

Steve seems much more easy going. Knowing myself I'd probably get paged every other minute by Ollie...

Upendi3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather train under Steve because he's not an asshole.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Green Arrow, but it we be a lot of hard work.

Loading Video...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Ollie. I could get ripped abs on the Salmon ladder.

Also, I want to learn archery.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the poor overall performance of Team Arrow as fighters doesn't turn you off to wanting Oliver as a trainer, I don't know what will.

This. Yeah we haven't seen Steve train anyone but I don't think Oliver is that good of a teacher. And Ollver is too trigger happy with that bow and arrow for my liking.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver teaches you six ways to block a punch, Steve teaches you five. The end result is exactly the same except one of the teachers is substantially more friendly and motivational.

Steve.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow. I would prefer Steve's Temperament when being taught, but we have seen Oliver train a lot more, as well as, you, know, actually train people unlike steve.

CitizenAmerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I associate myself with Oliver, I'm either going do end up dead and later resurrected with a abnormal will to kill (Sara, Thea), or I'm going to be injected with some weird serum that destroys my brain and makes me turn on my loved ones (Slade, Roy), or just end up dead period (Laurel), or he's going to kill my dad (Talia, Nyssa). Oliver has this very bad aura around him, like Adrian said, everyone that hangs around for too long dies.

Steve just seems so much cooler and has way less chance of something messed up happening. Plus you might even get to hang out with the Avengers.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Next thread:

Who do you want to tuck you in and kiss you goodnight. CW Arrow or MCU Cap

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap easily, sure you would get some sick skillz from Ollie's training but is the physical and mental abuse worth it? Idk about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Oliver. Not sure why everyone criticizes his training, he did very well with Roy and Laurel and wasn't a dick to them. He was a dick to the recruits but they were idiots at first and didn't listen. Oliver actually respected Roy and Laurel and Diggle. Oliver is definitely more skilled, knows more, and has experience being a teacher. He would make sure I am prepared for whatever anyone could throw at me. I am going to him for training not friendship, so not a single reason to choose Cap over him.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one that has actual training and is not juiced up on some serum...

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Not sufficient enough when compared with Ollie

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Stormdriven

@thesuperor: Based on what? I'd like to train under the guy that makes it so a man in an exosuit capable of picking up cars is near helpless against him in a fist fight.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next thread:

Who do you want to tuck you in and kiss you goodnight. CW Arrow or MCU Cap

That's a tough one.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow, but it we be a lot of hard work.

Loading Video...

I'm a bigger fan of MCU Cap, bbbuuutttt ....

Ollie.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Based on the fact that Oliver has undergone a lot more training and way more versatile training than Cap. He has been through way more shit than Cap where he has to rely on his own instincts and training and doesn't rely on enhancements. Oliver has the advantage of having trained people before as well.

I don't see a single perk of having Cap train you.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The one that has actual training and is not juiced up on some serum...

Didn't he train the new recruit for the Avengers? Probably not strictly in combat but close enough.

On topic....maybe Ollie.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver obviously. More skilled fighter, accomplished trainer (Roy Harper anyone?), plus plethora of additional abilities that might come in handy.

It appears that main argument for Steve is "he's cooler". Well, if you're looking for a friend rather than actuall training, fine.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Stormdriven

@thesuperor: And yet Oliver has never been able to impart any of that knowledge on the people he's taught. Of everyone he's trained, the only one who's any good is Roy, and even he is an average fighter by the show's standards. Diggle is Team Arrow's second best fighter, and he's... decent. So where exactly is the evidence that Oliver is a good teacher? Sure Oliver is good with all that knowledge, but every member he's had on his team are poor examples.

And I'm getting real sick of the "Steve only has enhancements" bullshit. Because when he hasn't had those advantages, he has still performed at a high level, so that's a stupid thing to say.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By Mrnoital

And I'm getting real sick of the "Steve only has enhancements" bullshit. Because when he hasn't had those advantages, he has still performed at a high level, so that's a stupid thing to say.

when was he not enhanced and performed at a high level?

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: He's always had his enhancements, but how would they help against guys like Ultron or Iron Man, who outclass him?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheSuperor

@stormdriven: Oliver trained Helena to become a pretty good fighter, he has made a lot of progress with Dig in their countless training sessions, he did decent work with Harper. He has also trained Barry. He didn't want to train Laurel, didn't take responsibility in training Thea. He didn't have too good luck training the new recruits, cause they were all pussies who had their feelings hurt and cried to Felicity about it...

Anyway, training a couple of decent fighter>no experience in training anyone

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: Again, Helena is probably average as far as CW fighters go, the only reason she was considered so dangerous was because she was psychotic and Oliver wasn't willing to go to his usual lengths to stop her. She wasn't a threat in close quarters. Diggle is fodder to characters that are fodder to top tiers. There isn't a whole lot of evidence for massive amounts of improvement, more like marginal at best. Again, Roy is average. He's only ever had two good showings of unarmed combat. Barry has gotten smarter, but even this past season he's shown how dumb he can be in the way he handles some of his fights.

So it's the recruits fault they're shitty fighters, not Oliver's? Even though he's the one that wanted to recruit and train them? Makes sense.

Steve trained the New Avengers team, and more than likely the regular Avengers as well. Just because none of them are master martial artists, doesn't mean he's not a good trainer. They're all pretty intelligent in a fight, they work well together, and they handle situations going south very well. They work much better together as a team.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh, I'd pick Merlyn over both. He turned Thea from a spoiled rich girl into a beast in a few months IIRC.

TraGiC_JoHNSoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one that actually teaches and is not enhanced .