Which one was better: Guardians Of The Galaxy or Thor Ragnarok?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Poll Which one was better: Guardians Of The Galaxy or Thor Ragnarok? (52 votes)

Thor Ragnarok 58%
Guardians Of The Galaxy 33%
Both 10%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jumpstart55
  • What do you guys think?
  • I for one think Thor: Ragnarok slightly edges it out becuase of Hela being a much better villain then Ronan...Though still cut from the same generic i,m evil for the sake of being evil cloth.
  • But villains aside their neck and neck for me personally in terms of story quality and enjoyment.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thor Ragnarok, but GOTG 1 is also one of the best MCU movies.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GOTG

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

GOTG easily, the sequel included. Thor Ragnorak was a fun movie, but also one of the weaker mcu movie in my opinion.

WARMACHINEROX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say Thor Ragnarok for me. Just in my opinion had a better plot/villain. Hela was awesome and had a story I thought was actually interesting and I thought it fit into the story very well. The story moved along well, transitioning from place to place. Although I was rather confused why Hela appeared right where Odin died... I don't really see why that would happen. Except to make the plot make sense. So there's one downfall.

Another thing, in Guardians sure it was great, had a good villain (though personally I don't think Ronan was as good), the story was good, and of course this too but Thor had myself and everyone else laughing throughout the movie. Now some people, including the friend I went to see it with, think the humor made the movie stray off course. I completely disagree. I thought the movie did a great job including humor at the perfect times.

So I definitely prefer Thor, however I still love both Guardians movies (I still don't understand the hate G2 is getting).

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say Thor Ragnarok for me. Just in my opinion had a better plot/villain. Hela was awesome and had a story I thought was actually interesting and I thought it fit into the story very well. The story moved along well, transitioning from place to place. Although I was rather confused why Hela appeared right where Odin died... I don't really see why that would happen. Except to make the plot make sense. So there's one downfall.

Why would Hela attack Asgard while Odin was still present when he was the only one powerful enough to stop her?..It makes total sense that she would try to take over Asgard when he left....Its like how Hogwarts become free for Voldemort to take once Dumbledore was killed.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor: Ragnarok

WARMACHINEROX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warmachinerox3 said:

Why would Hela attack Asgard while Odin was still present when he was the only one powerful enough to stop her?..It makes total sense that she would try to take over Asgard when he left....Its like how Hogwarts become free for Voldemort to take once Dumbledore was killed.

No by that time Odin had just died. So wouldn't she just go to Asgard (the place) and take control there so that when she fights Thor she would be at full power (gaining power from Asgard) and have a powerful army?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jumpstart55

@warmachinerox3 said:
@jumpstart55 said:
@warmachinerox3 said:

No by that time Odin had just died. So wouldn't she just go to Asgard (the place) and take control there so that when she fights Thor she would be at full power (gaining power from Asgard) and have a powerful army?

She didnt need Asgards power boost as evident by the fact that she decimated Mjolnir and made easy work of both Thor and Loki all without Asgards aid. I really dont understand your confusion?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians imo because while Thor was funnier than Guardians and had a better villain, Guardians had a much stronger emotional core and the main characters were just as like-able. Ronan was a serviceable villain obviously far inferior to Hela, but the biggest problem with Thor was the only thing that gave the story any emotional weight was Odin's death and Thor's mourning. Guardians had a much stronger emotional weight with Starlord's mom and the main characters becoming family over their differences.

Wolderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ragnarok

Avatar image for deactivated-5a235d4b20340
deactivated-5a235d4b20340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ragnarok.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians of the Galaxy

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor 3. I was completely immersed. Thor 3 did everything Thor 1 did but better, and avoided all of Thor 2 pitfalls. 3rd Act was a bit wonky and Odins death was sudden and done without much care. Great movie. Now onto Justice League!

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTG

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By tensor

I like Thor more.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Penguin-Dust

GOTG 1 is my favorite MCU movie. I like TR a lot, but there's no contest in my mind. People are excited about TR now because it's new. Let's see where it ranks a year from now. Hell, six months from now folks will be saying Black Panther is the greatest thing since sliced bread and TR will be pushed aside for the new hotness. I am just as guilty of getting caught up in the hype, but I'd have to say my top 5 CMB's have been the same for a couple of years now.

Uallhoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For gal eye candy, Thor, soundtrack, gotg

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GotG.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too hard to choose

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Thor 3. I was completely immersed. Thor 3 did everything Thor 1 did but better, and avoided all of Thor 2 pitfalls. 3rd Act was a bit wonky and Odins death was sudden and done without much care. Great movie. Now onto Justice League!

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
@farkam said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5a17443203429
deactivated-5a17443203429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians was awesome.