Which Dark Lord would you rather work with for a day?

JasonV80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which Dark Lord would you rather work with for a day? (44 votes)

Lord Vader 93%
Lord Voldemort 7%
 • 
Clamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader so I don't have to look at Voldemort's face

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose Voldemort because if I'm going to die, I'm going to die roasting him for 5 minutes straight

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if voldy is paying anyone. Plus magic is whack I ain't getting imperio cast on me

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

Voldemort is a jerk, and I can't see him having friends. At least Vader would just ignore me as I tag along on adventures.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Never seen Star Wars and never want to. I pick Voldemort.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Vader is relatively civilized. Just don't be an idiot and you won't get on his bad side.

Voldemort is to volatile, he'll kill you for being incompetent, kill you for being to powerful, kill you because he happened to be angry at the time, kill you to make a point to everyone else. Just not worth it.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader, because I wouldn't have to get any tattoos.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Vader because... STAR WARS!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sauron, the original Dark Lord.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader. It seems he at least gives you two or three strikes before force choking you to death.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@all-father: Sure he's the OG, he's also a huge d-bag. Lol

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader is relatively civilized. Just don't be an idiot and you won't get on his bad side.

Voldemort is to volatile, he'll kill you for being incompetent, kill you for being to powerful, kill you because he happened to be angry at the time, kill you to make a point to everyone else. Just not worth it.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader.... He doesn't kill people under him for fun.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort is too volatile, he'll kill you for being incompetent, kill you for being too powerful, kill you because he happened to be angry at the time, kill you to make a point to everyone else. Just not worth it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

@mainjp said:
@zetsumoto said:

Voldemort is too volatile, he'll kill you for being incompetent, kill you for being too powerful, kill you because he happened to be angry at the time, kill you to make a point to everyone else. Just not worth it.

Yep, Voldemort is just so....sadistic. In many ways, it makes him scarier than Vader.

Loading Video...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zetsu-San

@the_stegman said:
@mainjp said:
@zetsumoto said:

Yep, Voldemort is just so....sadistic. In many ways, it makes him scarier than Vader.

I don't find Voldemort to be scary. He's just stupid evil.

Working for him is scarier/more-dangerous than working against him. That spells incompetence. Realistically damn near every single one of his underlings would have back-stabbed him the first chance they got.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Yep. Which is why... STARWARS!

All joking aside however. Voldemort was an idiot. Real power comes from respect, not fear. A beaten dog may fear you, but the second you turn your back. That beaten dog will strike. Voldemorts beaten dogs were... Conditioned to a degree, I guess. It just wasn't very realistic at all.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Yep. Which is why... STARWARS!

All joking aside however. Voldemort was an idiot. Real power comes from respect, not fear. A beaten dog may fear you, but the second you turn your back. That beaten dog will strike. Voldemorts beaten dogs were... Conditioned to a degree, I guess. It just wasn't very realistic at all.

Would have been a rather interesting twist if the series set up a secondary villain and had them off Voldemort and take over as the new big bad.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zetsu-San

@naamah_obyzouth: Honestly, I find it hard to believe that Voldemort is the most powerful dark wizard. There's bound to be plenty of more dangerous wizards who simply kept themselves more low key.

The New York wizards in the new movie completely embraced the prohibition life style. There's bound to be magical hitmen that would slaughter voldemort, even if only because they are more creative with their powers.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader, easily

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort.

Voldemort is an incompetent moron who can't outwit an eleven year old. His followers are very much the same, and as long as your are some fodder pureblood you can just float around in the background and wait for Voldemort to die again.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: You do have a point. The only problem I have with your logic is... STARWARS!!! Seriously Vader is sooooo much cooler. Bragging rights alone.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: It was literally destiny for Voldemort to have to either kill or die by either Harry or Nevilles hand

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Vader cuz he's cooler.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

Actually, a lot of Voldermort's power is because of his creative thinking. He didn't just create a horcrux, something other dark wizards had already done, he pushed it to such an extreme that he effectively became near impossible to permanently kill by creating seven. His magical traps to protect them were also rather clever, having been designed so that whoever went to retrieve them would be permanently weakened even if they somehow managed to survive, ala Dumbledore's hand and the poison he was forced to drink. He also showed a fair bit of intelligence by cursing his name so that anyone that spoke it would give away their position.

It's just whenever we actually see him that he's tossed the idiot ball because that's when he's near Harry and needs to become significantly less competent so that the protagonist can escape. Compile that with Rowling being an admittedly bad action author, she didn't actually put much thought into how duels worked or giving her duelists more creative spell use than "magic fencing" with curses (Outside some displays of animating statues from Dumbledore and some of the teachers), and you have a recipe for the greatest Dark Lord of all time coming off as fairly incompetent and refusing to use his massive array of spells in favor of doing the wizard equivalent of spamming the A button.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh, the only one of this reasons that Vader didn't use to kill someone was "being too powerful"

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort would kill me for being a Muggle, so Vader. :P

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

@zetsumoto: That's what makes him scary, his sheer unpredictability. No one is brave enough to backstab him. Even when he was defeated, people were afraid to say his name.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

Actually, a lot of Voldermort's power is because of his creative thinking. He didn't just create a horcrux, something other dark wizards had already done, he pushed it to such an extreme that he effectively became near impossible to permanently kill by creating seven. His magical traps to protect them were also rather clever, having been designed so that whoever went to retrieve them would be permanently weakened even if they somehow managed to survive, ala Dumbledore's hand and the poison he was forced to drink. He also showed a fair bit of intelligence by cursing his name so that anyone that spoke it would give away their position.

It's just whenever we actually see him that he's tossed the idiot ball because that's when he's near Harry and needs to become significantly less competent so that the protagonist can escape. Compile that with Rowling being an admittedly bad action author, she didn't actually put much thought into how duels worked or giving her duelists more creative spell use than "magic fencing" with curses (Outside some displays of animating statues from Dumbledore and some of the teachers), and you have a recipe for the greatest Dark Lord of all time coming off as fairly incompetent and refusing to use his massive array of spells in favor of doing the wizard equivalent of spamming the A button.

Yea, but there are bound to be tons of ways to kill someone more powerful than you by avoiding confrontation all together. Being a magical genius is great and all, but unless you have auto shields, there's really not much stopping some random bloke from cheap shotting you with a killing curse.

The horcrux's were poorly hidden. Instead of making their locations ambiguous, he had to make everything symbolic and obvious. Yea, they make him hard to "permanently" kill, but who cares? With how long it took for him to come back, there's no reason you have to hunt down the horcruxes before you kill him. Just kill him.

With how complex some of the enchanted toys are, I'd say enchanted items >>>> spells when it comes to straight fights.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: That's what makes him scary, his sheer unpredictability. No one is brave enough to backstab him. Even when he was defeated, people were afraid to say his name.

I'd backstab him BECAUSE I am scared. lmao

It's retarded to not backstab the guy who might kill you later for no reason at all.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If I stay quiet, I can survive a day with Annie, probably be best not to call him that too, Voldemort is just a bad situation.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader because Voldemort is racist to muggle borns man. Vader as long as your competent and he doesn't view you as a rival your good.