Where was Hawkeye during Civil War?

Avatar image for the_amazing_spider_man
The_Amazing_Spider_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As the title says, where was he? I stopped reading at Disassembled and (yes, surprisingly) never read House of M. I know he was resurrected, but is there a particular gap that I should have covered from M to Civil War (to explain his absence)? Was he just in hiding like Strange and the X-Men?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As the title says, where was he? I stopped reading at Disassembled and (yes, surprisingly) never read House of M. I know he was resurrected, but is there a particular gap that I should have covered from M to Civil War (to explain his absence)? Was he just in hiding like Strange and the X-Men?

Dead. He was killed during the events of Avengers Disassembled and only returned Post-Civil War in New Avengers, during the infamous 'closet' issue.

The_Amazing_Spider_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@the_amazing_spider_man said:

Dead. He was killed during the events of Avengers Disassembled and only returned Post-Civil War in New Avengers, during the infamous 'closet' issue.

So from when he was resurrected in House of M, he didn't physically return until Post-Civil War? There was nothing in between (M and Civil War)?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Veshark

@veshark said:

So from when he was resurrected in House of M, he didn't physically return until Post-Civil War? There was nothing in between (M and Civil War)?

The closest you get to is New Avengers #26. This link covers the entire thing in detail. If memory serves...after being brought back to life in House of M, Clint tries to hunt her down and finds her in Transia. But Wanda has now lost all her memory and her powers as well. He sleeps with Wanda and then opens a closet...there's a white light...and then suddenly he's reappeared in front of Avengers Mansion when the Civil War has already ended.

Honestly, I'm not really sure if him meeting Wanda was during the events of Civil War. Frankly the whole thing confuses me too.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_amazing_spider_man Okay wait never mind, Dr. Strange reveals that he met the resurrected Clint before the events of Civil War. He actually kept up with the events of the War, but didn't come out of hiding until New Avengers 30.

The_Amazing_Spider_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@the_amazing_spider_man Okay wait never mind, Dr. Strange reveals that he met the resurrected Clint before the events of Civil War. He actually kept up with the events of the War, but didn't come out of hiding until New Avengers 30.

Thanks man. I was pretty confused jumping straight into Civil War and then New Avengers (or Secret Invasion I think) a year or two later where he was back. I need to catch up!

The_Amazing_Spider_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm sure he met with Wanda both during and after CW considering he hears about Cap pretty quickly.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MonsterStomp

He was hiding.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Thanks man. I was pretty confused jumping straight into Civil War and then New Avengers (or Secret Invasion I think) a year or two later where he was back. I need to catch up!

No problem. Have fun catching up with Marvel, mate.