Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

I'm a console person mainly because I've played way more games on consoles than on PC which I'm still a noob at. I've played Stars the Old Republic, some WOW (but I'm not really into it as some people are and think it's a little too over hyped), and a few short mini games. Both PC and consoles have their pros an cons and appreciate them both.

So which do you prefer?

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Manchine

Consoles don't interest me to much mainly because I don't play first person shooters. I will take a PC any day.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

PC stomps.

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

@manchine said:

Consoles don't interest me to much mainly because I don't play first person shooters. I will take a PC any day.

lol I've notice now they are starting(Well they have been) to turn most games into first person shooters on consoles, but I don't only play those kind of games 24/7.

Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, sandbox world games(like GTA) are what I also have in my game collection.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By LyraFay

Well I like playing strategy and god games and playing them on a Playstation or Xbox doesn't make them feel like the personal in PC.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consoles, but only because I never really thought about building my own gaming PC.

But since I don't have much time to play these days anyway, just give me a 3DS, VITA, PSP, and some awesome games like Puyo Pop Fever or Guacamelee any day, and I'm good. (Now they need to release Puyo Tetris to the states. DARN YOU SEGA!!)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Console. When I think of a video game I think of a PS controller and the console not a computer. Not a diss to PC but I like console better

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC is better for RPGs and C&C style games, but consoles have it down for the other genre games.

One plus for the consoles is that if you buy the latest one (I got my ps4), the next gen will be 7 years ahead, whereas I find PCs get outdated very fast and the next version/upgrade is only a couple of months away. Also, if (like me) you don't know what you're doing enough to build your own, PCs are uber expensive compared to consoles.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

PC. But I have consoles and a PC.

Both are outdated, though. I'm getting a PS4 soon and I intend to upgrade my PC later this year.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@g_leno said:

PC is better for RPGs and C&C style games, but consoles have it down for the other genre games.

I used to think this. But a mouse is much more accurate for FPS than a controller is. Hand-eye coordination is much better, and your hand can reflexively react much faster than your thumb.

PC is suited for all video game types. It's just a matter of whether or not you have a PC that can handle those kinds of games. Plus, you can have controllers if you want. I know a guy who plays Smash Bros. on his PC so he can play it with a PS2 controller (... just because he can).

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Both are outdated, though. I'm getting a PS4 soon and I intend to upgrade my PC later this year.

I have a PS4. It's good, but like all newly release consoles it may come with a few bugs, but over all it's very good IMO.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

I have a PS4. It's good, but like all newly release consoles it may come with a few bugs, but over all it's very good IMO.

Yeah. That's why I didn't get it earlier. I want to get a PS4 for inFamous; hopefully they've fixed the bugs.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@jedixman said:
@g_leno said:

PC is suited for all video game types. It's just a matter of whether or not you have a PC that can handle those kinds of games. Plus, you can have controllers if you want.

I agree that a PC is very much capable in playing any genre but it's not exactly well equipped. A mouse is unmatched for FPS' due to precision and accuracy, but racers and fighters are horrendous on a keyboard.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@ssjdarthplagueis said:

@jedixman said:

Yeah. That's why I didn't get it earlier. I want to get a PS4 for inFamous; hopefully they've fixed the bugs.

I got the PS4 when it got restocked the second time so the bugs should have been fixed, but I still had a few. But never got the "Blue light of Death." Also same problem with the Xbox One's too(Not that I own one just reading other peoples reviews on it.) But there is an update you download once you get you PS4 to fix the major bugs so that's something to lessen your worries.

Bugs on my PS4

• Will sometimes might get a error code when I go on livestream towatch other people.
  • Usually the PS4 is quick to download games/apps, but here and there I get another error code(well a notification that my game/app stop downloading) and I have redownload the game/app
  • Hasn't happen for weeks, but I'll still put it down. A few times when I power off my PS4 it will stay loading to turn off and wont go away so I had to unplug it to turn it off.

That's pretty much it. As for online gaming I had no problem what so ever with connection. The three things I wish the PS4 had is Youtube, better audio quality online when talking to people(there's a Staicy/crunch sound on some players when they talk. But people without that problem the audio qulity is alright.), and it doesn't play 3D Blu Ray :/.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use my PC for strategy/adventure/MMO/indie/retro. I use my console for the more "mainstream" games.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@g_leno said:

PC is suited for all video game types. It's just a matter of whether or not you have a PC that can handle those kinds of games. Plus, you can have controllers if you want.

I agree that a PC is very much capable in playing any genre but it's not exactly well equipped. A mouse is unmatched for FPS' due to precision and accuracy, but racers and fighters are horrendous on a keyboard.

Sure. It's fair that both consoles and PCs have their weaknesses: PC games do better when running RPGs, strategy, and flight sims - consoles do better with racers and fighters.

But to be fair: a PC can be equipped with any kind of controller you want, if you're willing to do some work (some controllers require more work than others). Now, if you did that work - for a game, like fighters, that are better on controllers or fight sticks - the overall experience on a PC will be better than consoles due to the frame rate improvements.

I'm saying that, but I've never played a fighter on my PC. So for all I know it might work well (I'd imagine some people have instant combos set for macros on specific keys... actually, if that works, one could potentially stomp guys who play with conventional controllers).

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@ssjdarthplagueis said:

@jedixman said:

I got the PS4 when it got restocked the second time so the bugs should have been fixed, but I still had a few. But never got the "Blue light of Death." Also same problem with the Xbox One's too(Not that I own one just reading other peoples reviews on it.) But there is an update you download once you get you PS4 to fix the major bugs so that's something to lessen your worries.

Bugs on my PS4

• Will sometimes might get a error code when I go on livestream towatch other people.
  • Usually the PS4 is quick to download games/apps, but here and there I get another error code(well a notification that my game/app stop downloading) and I have redownload the game/app
  • Hasn't happen for weeks, but I'll still put it down. A few times when I power off my PS4 it will stay loading to turn off and wont go away so I had to unplug it to turn it off.

That's pretty much it. As for online gaming I had no problem what so ever with connection. The three things I wish the PS4 had is Youtube, better audio quality online when talking to people(there's a Staicy/crunch sound on some players when they talk. But people without that problem the audio qulity is alright.), and it doesn't play 3D Blu Ray :/.

PS4 doesn't have a YouTube app?

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consoles.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Wow. Are they planning to release one? I mean, it doesn't really matter that much to me, because I still have a PS3 and I usually don't watch YouTube on it anyway, But still.

What about Netflix?

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

@jedixman: I believe eventually a Youtube app will come soon, and as for Netflix yes it's on the PS4.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Deranged Midget

@jedixman said:

Sure. It's fair that both consoles and PCs have their weaknesses: PC games do better when running RPGs, strategy, and flight sims - consoles do better with racers and fighters.

But to be fair: a PC can be equipped with any kind of controller you want, if you're willing to do some work (some controllers require more work than others). Now, if you did that work - for a game, like fighters, that are better on controllers or fight sticks - the overall experience on a PC will be better than consoles due to the frame rate improvements.

I'm saying that, but I've never played a fighter on my PC. So for all I know it might work well (I'd imagine some people have instant combos set for macros on specific keys... actually, if that works, one could potentially stomp guys who play with conventional controllers).

No doubt, I'm definitely not disagreeing with you on that, I was just referring to the basic stock experience without the aid of drivers for the various controllers and what-not. I find myself playing far more games on my PC lately with my 360 controller. Replaying Mafia II (absolutely fantastic game) and The Witcher 2. I actually find myself enjoying more of the action oriented RPG's and third-person shooters with a controller. I felt the setup for both The Witcher 2 and Diablo 3 worked a lot better with a controller interface. Those type of games are more simplistic and don't require too many button prompts to utilize a character's abilities or what-not. MMO's are impossible on controllers though, at least the traditional kind.

But yeah, Strategy and FPS' are king with a mouse. No competition whatsoever.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pinball........

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends really. I play fighters on consoles. Most of them are console-exclusive anyway. Tekken, DOA, VF, Fight Night, UFC, all those stuff. And JRPGs too. Dragon's Dogma, Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xilia, etc.... The list goes on.

But in multiplat games, I always prefer the PC. And I NEVER play FPS on consoles... Ok maybe I do but only if they are exclusive. Only problem I have with PC is when the need to upgrade is here. I actually play games on the consoles if the current releases are too hard for my PC to run. Then when I get to upgrade, I switch back to PC. Been doing that pattern since 5th gen gaming aka the PS1 era.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JediXMan  Moderator

No doubt, I'm definitely not disagreeing with you on that, I was just referring to the basic stock experience without the aid of drivers for the various controllers and what-not. I find myself playing far more games on my PC lately with my 360 controller. Replaying Mafia II (absolutely fantastic game) and The Witcher 2. I actually find myself enjoying more of the action oriented RPG's and third-person shooters with a controller. I felt the setup for both The Witcher 2 and Diablo 3 worked a lot better with a controller interface. Those type of games are more simplistic and don't require too many button prompts to utilize a character's abilities or what-not.

How is the Witcher 2, anyway? I keep hearing such good things.

MMO's are impossible on controllers though, at least the traditional kind.

Absolutely. Those things need the entire numbers bar for all of the abilities. Plus you need movement controls and general attack commands. You need tons of buttons that a controller can't give you.

Speaking of an MMO on consoles, though: I want the Division to be good.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: The Witcher 2 is incredible dude! INCREDIBLE! It's such a diverse game and while it's not open world and has a generally more linear approach to the world, the choices you make affect a lot more than you'd think. Also, the combat is actually challenging. Even at a higher level, you aren't killing anything with a single hit. Almost every enemy poses a challenge and you have to prepare certain potions to take on certain enemies, etc.

And yeah, try playing World of Warcraft or something on a controller. Absolutely impossible. There's so many hotkeys for the game that it becomes intimidating at times O_O But yeah, I really hope they pull of The Division and I'm actually glad they'll be taking their time with it.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VanderSEXXX

As a modder I practically prefer PC. I only go for console if its games like Ninja Gaiden or Street Fighter.

MetalGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MetalGOD

PC

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By batman922

@manchine said:

This

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@jayc1324 said:

Console. When I think of a video game I think of a PS controller and the console not a computer. Not a diss to PC but I like console better

You know you can hook both Playstation controllers and X-box controllers up to a PC for a fraction of the price it takes to buy a console lol!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Both are equal.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TifaLockhart

I prefer consoles, but I can understand why people like PCs and I don't begrudge them anything.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MatteoPG

I prefer consoles. Also, since I work with my pc a lot, I like to keep it running smoothly and clean.

BloodyNights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consoles for me, own pretty much everything NES and up...besides well ps4/xbone, and Wii U :(

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Experio

Console.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it depends on what your budget is. Currently the PS4/Xbox One, are decent machines but nothing to write home about. You have to remember you're only spending 400/500$ and when it comes to visual's, that pretty low end. I do no believe they will ever exceed 60FPS, and it will be a while before they can run natively at 1080p. But, they are also more of a convenience. No having to worry about messing up files, cross checking your video card to see if you can run it. But like I said it depends on your wallet and how much gaming means to you.

Myself, I am saving up for the mid-mid high teir Steam Box. But my favorite console is my WiiU. So to each their own I suppose.

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consoles for me. It's what I've grown up with and where all my favorite games are. PCs may be better when it comes to system capabilities, but when it comes down to the greatest of games, there's no contest.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Use my PC for strategy/adventure/MMO/indie/retro. I use my console for the more "mainstream" games.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By tomlikesfries

It depends really. If we're talking about a high-end PC, then yeah, I prefer it all the way, though I'd rather have a console than a mid or low-end PC.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By The_Deathstroker

Consoles. Never got into PC gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Consoles.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@ssjdarthplagueis: This should probably be moved to off-topic. As for the question: I prefer consoles.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SirMethos

PC, all the way.

I play a lot of First Person(and third person) shooters. And the controls on PC are simply superior to those of the consoles.

Killer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC all day

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consoler

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#49  Edited By dngn4774

Consoles. I just prefer convenience over performance tbh, and I don't want to buy a second/slow down my current computer.

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Console