Was there a Titans team before the current Teen Titans in DCnU?

supermanprime6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By supermanprime6

I am sure this has probably been answered somewhere already, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere and it's driving me crazy. Did a Teen Titans team exist before the current Teen Titans team in the DCnU?

In Red Hood and the Outlaws #1, Roy asks Starfire if she remembers a team consisting of Dick, Dustin, Garth, Vic, Lilith, and Gar. These are the traditional members of the Teen Titans. But I don't see how this team could have existed if the Vic that Roy is talking about is Cyborg and Gar is Beast Boy because we have no indication that Cyborg has been anything other than a member of the Justice League since he became Cyborg, and Beast Boy has just now been introduced as a Ravager with no history prior to his abduction by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. I am really confused.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By joshuagamer

there was

supermanprime6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By supermanprime6

How were Vic and Gar members?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

No. They were friends but weren't an official team. Beast Boy wasn't even a prt of it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Don't believe so.

Which sucks, not gonna lie. I liked the old Titans runs...

supermanprime6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By supermanprime6

Yeah, I hate they did away with the originals. But I still don't understand who Roy was talking about if Vic and Gar aren't cyborg and beast boy.

supermanprime6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By supermanprime6

FOUND THE ANSWER!!! This comes from the creators themselves:

http://www.titanstower.com/young-justice-panel-reveals-titans-plans-but-raises-major-continuity-issues/

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

@supermanprime6 said:

Yeah, I hate they did away with the originals. But I still don't understand who Roy was talking about if Vic and Gar aren't cyborg and beast boy.

most of Gar's memories were wiped by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. so it's very possible that Cyborg and Beast Boy teamed up with the others at some point during the 5 years after the Justice League was formed

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Nova`Prime`

This is something that the new 52 didn't cover very well from what I get from my local comic book shop guy. He says in one of the issues Dick, if I am remembering correctly, says something like this will be the shortest titans team to ever exist. But later he explains his remakes saying he got the idea from a tv show he use to watch as a kid. Now I don't know what is what because I don't read DC, but when we were talking about comics this came up and this is why I steer clear from both Marvel and DC.