kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

Newsarama reported the following:

A detective with a heck of a last name for DC Comics fans has been cast for The CW's upcoming Flash pilot.

Jesse L. Martin of Law and Orderfame has been cast in the series pilot as "Detective West," a cop who acts as a "surrogate father to Barry Allen," according to Deadline. The series is spinning off from Arrow, but has an original pilot instead of the once-planned backdoor pilot with the series. The familiar team of Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Geoff Johns, and David Nutter are also teamed on this new series.

While there's not necessarily a detective named West in the Flash comics, the surname is very familiar to fans. Wally West was Barry's sidekick as Kid Flash, and eventually took over for the scarlet speedster. Iris West, Wally's aunt, was Barry's chief romantic interest, and even married him in the pre-New 52 universe. Nothing in the initial casting announcement indicates any direct connection to those Wests, but people like Berlanti and Johns wouldn't name him that by accident.

Here's a photo of the man:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

John Wesley Shipp as Wally West. Who's with me?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, "WEST! YAY!" On the other, "But Wally's a redhead..."

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sure. Why not?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie said:

I'm not. Too old.

@jonsmith said:

So... I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, "WEST! YAY!" On the other, "But Wally's a redhead..."

It's doesn't say it's Wally, just a man with the sur name 'West' who mentors Barry as a father figure. Quite the opposite of Wally if you ask me...

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@battle_forum_junkie said:

I'm not. Too old.

It was a joke. I was poking fun at the fact he played Berry Allen in the old Flash series.

No Caption Provided

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's doesn't say it's Wally, just a man with the sur name 'West' who mentors Barry as a father figure. Quite the opposite of Wally if you ask me...

Oh, I'm not saying the dude in question is Wally, I'm just saying being a member of the West family, and a male member at that, it raises the possibility of them trying to change Wally's race just enough to make me antsy.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Oh, I'm not saying the dude in question is Wally, I'm just saying being a member of the West family, and a male member at that, it raises the possibility of them trying to change Wally's race just enough to make me antsy.

Ah, okay. I'm guessing that he's going to be Iris's father.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badabump.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By LyraFay

Random fact that guy also does broadway so was Grant Gustin. Hellow musical Flash episode with Neil Patrick Harris as the Music Meister!

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm okay with this

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

whatever.

Next fall season with Arrow, Flash AND Comics all on one day is gonna be nerd overlord

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see him do something. Maybe Barry's eccentric uncle, who happens to also be a scientist, and have a dog. Also, please bring back the lovely Amanda Pays :)