Superman Cape?

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with cosplaying and, in particular, making capes. I've been looking for a Superman style red cape on the internet, but I've been unable to find anything that looks good.

So I'm hoping to either get some info about where I could buy a decent, good looking, long cape or what material I could use to make one myself. Links to cape patterns or tips about making my own would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help Viners!

Kangaxx_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't RP, but I like to do creative projects, so I did a quick search, and found this site: http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com/topic/1851/SUPERMAN-COSTUME-DIY-SSHIELD-CAPE-BOOTS-BELT-MERGED#.UW78trVmh8E - It's for an adult, serious costume (many other results were for quick children's outfits), and s/he suggests:

"Fabric choice has a lot to do with how well this will turn out. For this one, I used polyester crepe, which is machine washable, affordable and has the appearance of a much more expensive wool fabric, which is what the Reeve capes were made of. I have also used polyester gabardine with good results."

It's not a Superman cape, but I remember reading that they used parachute fabrics for Batman's cape in the Nolan trilogy. I have no idea how viable/expensive that is, but I really liked the look of it in the movies.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Vein

Thanks man, that should help a ton!