sign this petition for marvel to upgrade Thors combat speed

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just type your name if you agree. Cmon marvel.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess ill start it off

Karazor-el

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazor-el: what's the point of upgrading his combat speed ? so he can be used better in the battle forums ? marvel has no obligation for such trivial matters.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: well thats an over exaggeration if ive ever seen one.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lol, this is dumb.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: precisely for that reason. His comics are great reads but its not fair or fun once we use him vs other companies characters. He needs an upgrade.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazor-el: marvel has no obligation on any battle forums nor do they have obligations to people who use thor as a discussion point.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

@kyrees: precisely for that reason. His comics are great reads but its not fair or fun once we use him vs other companies characters. He needs an upgrade.

Why the hell should Marvel care about what a handful of guys on an internet forum debating Superman vs. Thor have to say? Stan Lee has already expressed why these types of debates are meaningless in the grand scheme of things..

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazor-el: it's useless petition and marvel has better things to ponder on than people who use him on battle discussions.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: maybe it is useless maybe its not. I wasted a total of 1 minute making a simple thread that could possible be seen by someone and get the ball rolling. Its not a big deal

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: im not askong then to care. Its just a simole thread that might or might not get seen by someone at marvel. And it lets them know what the people want...assuming people actually sign this of course. Lol

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kyrees

@karazor-el: again, why does marvel need to prioritize battle discussions when in the grand scheme of things in marvel, it's useless. marvel don't need it and people agreeing to it are being silly.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deport Beiber!!!

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: they DONT need to do anything.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: they DONT need to do anything.

so your thread is moot then since they don't need to do anything at all.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DBVSE7

This is the exact reason why Marvel wouldn't.. It's dumb.

Marvel: Hey guys I have an idea. Lets give Thor combat speed feats just so butt hurt Thor fans have something else to overrate Thor with on a forum we couldn't careless about..

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: i never said they had to. I dont know what youre confused about...you DO kno that i have no authority over marvel, correct?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazor-el: again, why should they even put a slight notice for this ? the only people who will be agreeing for this are people who use him in battle discussions and marvel prioritizes comic readers not battle forumites.

it's a useless petition. marvel doesn't need to see it.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: and thats your opinion. And thats fine. On the off chance that theres 600 signatures and the off chance that someone from marvel sees it and gets a great idea on how to incorporate it into a story, its worth it to me.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 SC  Moderator

So what is Thor's speed? Thats rhetorical. I see a lot of people who talk about it as if they know, but invariably also go on to often demonstrate they don't know anything about creative story telling or the application of logic and reason to frame their assertions with any legitimacy or validity other than having a few other people with similar ideas agreeing with them.

Thor's a bit of an odd one in Marvel, so his speed is going to be a bit more inconsistent than most other characters, and speed is hard for most writers and artists to depict both accurately and with consistency, somewhat comparable to Wolverines fighting skill inconsistency, and any characters who have certain ability's that are secondary to their primary traits, whether physical or personality but also interact with a diverse range of characters. Plots and writers are fond of balanced stories, so will influence how characters abilities are portrayed.

Marvel also isn't a sentient hive mind, its a company that employs writers, many of whom often disagree with each other and whose ideas of characters will often compete. If "Marvel" ever tried to force something like this some writers would laugh and hopefully quit. It would be a bit like asking CV to have a petition that people in Battles/Off Topic have to demonstrate they are capable of making logical, sound and valid assertions before they are allowed to post, but people like spouting stuff under the pretense its logical, reasonable or accurate, and also where would the fun be?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it happened it would be cool I guess but its never really hurt him that badly in all this time so he's fine. He's more than powerful enough, some writers just down play him.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Thor-Parker

I agree with you, Marvel should upgrade Thor´s speed.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28 JediXMan  Moderator

Why does this matter? Said it before and I will say it again: writers don't make their characters so we can debate with them on the battle forums.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: it matters to me. And a few other people. In the long run of priducing great reads it doesnt matter.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to feel the same way but then I learned it's best to just accept the character for who he is. All these aspects are after all what makes him himself

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Emperorb777

We should also make a petition to give Batman omnipotence, I want him to win every battle.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Skit

Speed always been Third main downfall, yet you want to take away the main thing the keeps him a balanced character? Also seeing as how he's getting depowered soon, there's absolutely no point unless you're talking about powerless Thor becoming a speedster. If thats the case, then that's completely stupid and would be the point where I just give up on Thor comics.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I use my imaginary vote to vote Nay.

I prefer Thor not having ftl fighting capabilities. He is powerful enough and doesn't need to be able to blitz everyone and then barely use it in the comics because it would make for poor fights. He is just fine as he is.