Sai blitzed Deidara and Sasori: PIS or not?

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

idk why I was tagged

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Since it wasn't really Sai himself moving but rather the bird he drew that managed to fly behind Sasori and Deidara without them noticing, it's not really him blitzing so it's not PIS.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71d5620272
deactivated-59b71d5620272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not a blitz, he just caught them of guard.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't blitz them. He simply got the drop on them

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deathstroke_50

@justicethorpsylocke: @kamishini: @foxerdes: Deidara was staring straight at Sai, talking to him, mocking his art. Sai was able to threaten Deidara, draw his two giants, and get maybe around 50 feet into the air behind him without Deidara or Sasori even realizing it happened.

Sai was so fast Deidara didn't even see him move. He completed owned him. And the conditions make Deidara look even worse. Sai is battered and bruised after surviving a bomb. Deidara's got the advantage of flight. He has his partner right beside him to help. Sai is on his knees looking up at Deidara. Deidara is perfectly fine.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@deathstroke_50: Are you trying to tell me that Sai is significantly faster than Sasori and Deidara? Good luck.

I talk about the scene. Not if it is consistent.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not ablitz, he caught them off guard.

Why would it be weird if he could blitz them though? He was a anbu and Sakura was relevant in speed to sasori.

I don't remember the sasuke deidara fight but i know the sasuke then was weaker then ems and I'm sure the only reason he didn't blitz him is because deidara stayed airborne.

Deidara and sasori aren't physically impressive at all

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Noone1996

Nah Sai was angry so that makes it legit.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke_50: These scans weren't in the OP, so feel free to post those to support your argument

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: Deidara's attention, at the very least, was pretty clearly focused on Sai, taunting about art.

Deidara was the one I'd expect to be able to dodge, having better reaction feats.

What's amazing isn't that he blitzed them, but he blitzed them from behind before they could turn around or react. Even Sasuke couldn't do that without using Chidori Senbon or some other thing to divert his attention. Sai got behind them while they were looking right at him.

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol ^

Nah Sai was angry so that makes it legit.

That's what happen when you piss off Sai I guess :P

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Said actually is hella hax'd like shikamaru and Shino. He just raged at that moment and stomped them, it's a clean showing.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke_50: Yeah he's like the Hulk. His power levels and stats rise astronomically when he's pissed.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

Since it wasn't really Sai himself moving but rather the bird he drew that managed to fly behind Sasori and Deidara without them noticing, it's not really him blitzing so it's not PIS.

Beta-56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr said:

Why would it be weird if he could blitz them though?

The issue with Sai somehow being able to blitz both Sasori and Deidara when the dude is probably only barely Jonin tier is ridiculous.

Sasori and Deidara are both Kage level.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beta-56: a genin can kill a Kage if given the opportunity.

If Deidara was Taunting, then he was obviously not taking Sai seriously.

Sai, as an Anbu, is trained for high speed and surprise attacks.

Not to mention that Sakura could tag And keep up with Sasori.

So no, I do not see this as PIS or Jobbing.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gnomishness

@jueix:

No. This makes sense.

1. First of all that's not quite blitzing. Sai attacked them from behind and surprised them. His was more of a sneak attack. Still impressive but not on such a abnormal level.

2. Sai wasn't using his own speed to attack them but the speed of his giant bird creation. Sai is clearly incredibly fast at drawing, but this says little more then that.

3. Nether Sasori or Deidara were particularly fast by ninja standards. Not that they're slow or anything, but their speed clearly wasn't the stat they focused on. Deidara had his clay bird to offer him dodging ability and Sasori spent more of his time hidden inside a puppet which could dodge for him. Sai meanwhile was clearly trained for speed.

4. Both Deidara and Sasori were Edo Tensei in this scenario, and being Edo Tensei lowers your speed and reaction times significantly. Madara said this.

5. This was War Arc Sai. He clearly trained quite a bit with the rest of the cast and got bumped up a tier. It's not like Sai was weak to begin with either.

6. Edo Tensei absolutely Job all of the time. It comes with the fact that already being dead, their battles offers no investment to them.

Aka: there were enough reasons for this not to be PIS.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skrskr

@beta-56: sai was a high level anbu, deidara couldn't physically compete with a kage the same way sasori couldn't.

Every hidden leaf kage would easily take a w against them possibly excluding kakashi.

Sais constructs have always been able to keep up with fast people.

Tbh they probably weren't paying too much attention before the blitz since they know they couldn't be killed

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr said:

@beta-56: sai was a high level anbu, deidara couldn't physically compete with a kage the same way sasori couldn't.

Every hidden leaf kage would easily take a w against them possibly excluding kakashi.

Sais constructs have always been able to keep up with fast people.

Tbh they probably weren't paying too much attention before the blitz since they know they couldn't be killed

Bastets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PIS to a certain extent, however this was a time to give sasori at least another boost and give him some more respect considering how horrible his fight was against a character that is just terribly written as it is. I do respect Sai though, so I wasn't as disappointed in the choice. I was more annoyed with how Sasori and deidara were written overall.