Respect Steven Levins, The Second Jack O' Lantern (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for deactivated-61699d62a80aa
deactivated-61699d62a80aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Respect Steven Levins, The Second Jack O' Lantern (Complete Respect Thread)

"Trick or treat?" - Steven Levins

Steven Levins already was a good mercenary, but then he found the Jack O' Lantern suit made by Jason Macendale to improve his game. He teamed up with Blackwing and worked for the Red Skull and he faced Captain America, but later on he would be known as a Spider-Man villain. Eventually he died in the Superhero Civil War, but he got ressurected by the Jackal in the clone conspiracy.

Levins is the Jack O' Lantern who has had the mantle for the longest time. Despite that, he's not that great featwise. However, since I'm trying to cover all of the Jack O' Lanterns Levins can't be left out. Plus, he's a fun character and I really enjoyed reading about him in multiple stories.

For more Jack O' Lantern RT's you can go to my blog, but you should enjoy this one for now.

Table Of Contents

I. Databooks

II. Strenght

III. Durability

IV. Speed

V. Gear

VI. Notable Encounters

VII. Lucifer Amp

VIII. Conclusion

I. Databooks

Levins has had multiple entries in Marvels official databooks which contain a lot of information.

No Caption Provided

Information on Levins and his power grid (All-New Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe #5)

No Caption Provided

Although it doesn't feature a lot of new information, Levins received a second databook entry (Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe A - Z #5)

II. Strenght

Levins his suit grants him superhuman physicals such as strenght.

No Caption Provided

Levins hurts Diamondback with a casual elbow (Captain America (1969) #406)

III. Durability

Levins his suit also grants him enhanced durability.

Levins tanks Falcons wings slamming into him (Captain America (1968) #410)

Levins tanks a hit from She-Hulk which sends him flying multiple feet away, and later appears without a scratch (The Sensational She-Hulk #59)

No Caption Provided

Levins states that Ben Reilly's needles will not be able to penetrate his armor (Spider-Man Unlimited (1993) #12)

Levins tanks his full bag of bombs exploding point blank (The Hood #3)

Levins gets his own bombs used against him again, but he appears conscious 2 pages later (Union Jack (2006) #2)

Levins gets hit with his own bombs again and appears conscious only pages later (Despicable Deadpool #297)

IV. Speed

Whether it be on his platform or just running, Levins is faster than most humans.

Diamondback, while on Blackwing's glider, states that she can't lose Levins while on his glider, and that he can fly circles around her (Captain America (1968) #409)

V. Gear

As the Jack O' Lantern, Levins typically has an amount of gadgets.

Levins uses a gas to make Captain America hallucinate (Captain America (1968) #39)

No Caption Provided

Levins has a wristshooter with which he can fire pumpkin bombs (Captain America (1968) #409)

No Caption Provided

Levins has magnesium flare bombs which he can use to blind people (Captain America (1968) #410)

No Caption Provided

Levins possesses so-called Ghost-Grabbers which he uses to prevent people from breathing. He also has a 360 scanner he can use to see if he is surrounded (Captain America (1968) #410)

No Caption Provided

Levins has a wrist blaster out of which he can fire energy blasts (Alpha Flight (1983) #121)

No Caption Provided

Levins his bombs are pretty much room + level based on visuals here (The Hood #3)

No Caption Provided

Levins possesses some sort of poison gas he uses to choke out Spider-Man (Civil War #5)

No Caption Provided

Levins blasts Massacre away with his fire blast (Prowler (2016) #1)

No Caption Provided

Levins seemingly takes out Captain America with some sort of raygun (Captain America (2018) #11)

VI. Notable Encounters

Levins is a supervillain, he has had fights with heroes. One, actually smh.

Levins puts up a fight against Captain America and uses his gadgets to trick him (Captain America (1968) #396)

VII. Lucifer Amp

Levins was temporary a host for Lucifer in which he got better feats. It isn't really clear whether or not this amped his stats but he did get some abilities he never used before so I'm putting it all in this separate category.

This version of Levins can let his own head fly away and let it explode (Ghost Rider (2006) #9)

Levins gets chained by Ghost Rider who tows him on his motorcycle and throws him into a driving truck, which only hurts him a little (Ghost Rider (2006) #9)

No Caption Provided

Levins uses his wrist blaster and blows up Ghost Rider's skull (Ghost Rider (2006) #9)

No Caption Provided

Levins uses his platform to hit and stagger Ghost Rider (Ghost Rider (2006) #9)

Levins brings back a lot of dead people at the same time (Ghost Rider (2006) #9)

Levins regenerates from his head being blown up (Ghost Rider (2006) #10)

Levins his bombs are pretty much house level, and it literally disintegrates his army of the dead (Ghost Rider (2006) #11)

Ghost Rider needs to go through a lot of effort to break Levins his platform (Ghost Rider (2006) #11)

Levins tanks a house exploding at point blank and then survives Ghost Rider pulling his heart out before eventually dying (Ghost Rider (2006) #11)

VIII. Conclusion

Despite not having a lot of feats, Levins is actually really potent with gear and it showed in the period he was amped by Lucifer, where even Ghost Rider had trouble with it. Consistently though, He's in the same range as most B-List Spider-Man villains which is mid-street. I'd say he would be able to fight relatively on par with guys like Beetle, Prowler and Shocker. Speaking of Shocker, here's a GOAT panel I wanted to share of him and Levins:

The Hood #2
The Hood #2

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mrsyg: You're a machine with these threads. Thank you!

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Interesting thread, the Lucifer amp definitely made him more deadly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: You're a machine with these threads. Thank you!

I had a month to work on them, and most of them don't even take 3 hours to finish except for, like, 3. There's another one coming tomorrow tho.

Interesting thread, the Lucifer amp definitely made him more deadly.

To be completely honest, this wasn't an extremely powerful version of Ghost Rider. He was still regular Johhny Blaze but like a mid-tier.

And thanks!

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mrsyg: nice RT

Lol comics are crazy

Forum Posts