Yep. He's a boss.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@frozen:

I'm happy for him to throw around motorcycles. But flipping over the front and throwing it by the handles in one swift movement, I'm not sure I can suspend my disbelief to accept that, especially if the bike is moving when he does it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

@frozen:

I'm happy for him to throw around motorcycles. But flipping over the front and throwing it by the handles in one swift movement, I'm not sure I can suspend my disbelief to accept that, especially if the bike is moving when he does it.

Don't question 'Murica!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5 frozen  Moderator

@frozen:

You're right. It's incredibly dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eh, that looks a little silly, even for a superhero film.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull said:

@frozen:

Don't question 'Murica!

No Caption Provided

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

@thebhramabull said:

@frozen:

Don't question 'Murica!

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

Seriously though that doesn't bother me, if it were Daredevil or Batman it would, but seeing Cap do that is fine in my opinion.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Yeah. Pretty Awesome

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#13 frozen  Moderator

Yeah. Pretty Awesome

It is, but it's a shame the feat lacks much sense. I might have to call bogus/PIS on it.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously though that doesn't bother me, if it were Daredevil or Batman it would, but seeing Cap do that is fine in my opinion.

The reason I don't think it's fine is because it's not possible to do that, regardless of his strength. I think it looks very silly. Have him pick and throw a motorcycle, sure, good fun. Flip over the top of a moving cycle and throw it by the handles all in one motion though, cmon, I'm not having that!!

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pure capsomness!

Avatar image for thelegionproject
TheLegionProject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that. Why are people saying this is dumb when we a giant green Hulk in the damn movie.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not surprised or impressed. Ive known how strong he is.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator
@frozen said:

@stormshadow_x said:

Yeah. Pretty Awesome

It is, but it's a shame the feat lacks much sense. I might have to call bogus/PIS on it.

It's not really inconsistent, on most occasions he decimates regular human combatants and sends them hurtling through the air. Unless I'm forgetting something major. He may just be closer to 1610 than 616 in his powerset.

@rogueshadow said:

The reason I don't think it's fine is because it's not possible to do that, regardless of his strength. I think it looks very silly. Have him pick and throw a motorcycle, sure, good fun. Flip over the top of a moving cycle and throw it by the handles all in one motion though, cmon, I'm not having that!!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me remember.

No Caption Provided

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@frozen:

I feel like it was just for the trailer.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wonder what other strength feats he will have.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

wow

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By youmessinwithme

I think that's pretty much Cap's level in the comics he hasn't done that exact feat, but in the movie he has to use his whole body and lots of momentum to do it he doesn't like just pick it up and throw it,

and Comic book Cap is very close in strength to Wolverine who has thrown a motorcycle in the past.

Cap throws and punches people through the air and jumps off tall buildings just like in the movie. Cap Can run 60mph dodge bullets, take having his head slammed through solid concrete without being KOed and can throw his shield hard enough to cut the turret off of a tiger tank. So i'd say his physical stats are all a little higher than his movie counterpart.

I don't think this is an instance of Comic book Cap not being as strong as his movie counterpart, it just being Visually more clear, and most people just not realizing how strong Comic book Cap is.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think those soldiers have Obama care.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good for him.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: You don't like the MCU Captain America? Judging from your comment

Don't know how you got that from what I said, but alright.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm sure I'll have to suspend my disbelief throughout this film, so I'm not going to complain. As long as you don't think about it too much it looks freakin' awesome.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang!!!!! MCU cap is op as hell lol

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure I'll have to suspend my disbelief throughout this film, so I'm not going to complain. As long as you don't think about it too much it looks freakin' awesome.

lol im not even slightly bothered by it. Its a superhero movie it shouldn't be hard to suspend disbelief.

Besides wasnt ultimate cap stronger than 616 cap? They are just taking innovation from both versions when they have various strength feats like that for cap.

TheLegionProject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This! Stop complaining people about it, it looks cool as fu*k!

Also, suspension of disbelief is required for any movie with superhuman beings, Caps included.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@battle_forum_junkie said:

lol im not even slightly bothered by it. Its a superhero movie it shouldn't be hard to suspend disbelief.

Besides wasnt ultimate cap stronger than 616 cap? They are just taking innovation from both versions when they have various strength feats like that for cap.

Not at all. :P

And yeah, Ultimate Cap was leagues stronger than his 616 counterpart. It seems pretty consistent with his feats in Winter Soldier, too. Not that it matters, though -there's no doubt it will be an awesome popcorn flick.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell he should be able to do more then that since the serum made him into a what the best of humans can be.

So why would such a simple feat amaze you.

Why was his mind not effected is what I wonder.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell he should be able to do more then that since the serum made him into a what the best of humans can be.

This! It blows my mind how some people here feel upset about cap performing a feat like that. I just cant believe people are complaining.

But yae if i recall the super soldier serum is suppose to increase brain ability aswell? I guess he is presumed to be smart but ofcourse they want Bruce and Tony to be the smartest of the group so cap exhibiting peak human intelligence is not needed imo.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The salt is strong with some of these

people.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

This! It blows my mind how some people here feel upset about cap performing a feat like that. I just cant believe people are complaining.

But yae if i recall the super soldier serum is suppose to increase brain ability aswell? I guess he is presumed to be smart but ofcourse they want Bruce and Tony to be the smartest of the group so cap exhibiting peak human intelligence is not needed imo.

IDK about it making him smarter but it increases his brains processing speed, giving him enhanced reaction speed, the man can see bullets and think in that time frame so it definitely affects his brain I just don't think it enhanced his IQ. and made him smart in the same way Reed is.

TheLegionProject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

I do believe calculated shield throws are a thing.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Spiderman1997

Yeah her can do stuff like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Motorcycles weigh less than 1000 pounds usually. Somewhere between 600-900 so him flinging it using his momentum is believable for a comic book movie. Not as impressive as picking it up and tossing it but cool anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: DD flipped over a limo with people in it and batman has lifted things off the ground that weigh more than a motorcycle.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@arthurkerr said:

IDK about it making him smarter but it increases his brains processing speed, giving him enhanced reaction speed, the man can see bullets and think in that time frame so it definitely affects his brain I just don't think it enhanced his IQ. and made him smart in the same way Reed is.

That would make him too op for mcu. him looking at bullets in slow mo would have made all his previous battles in the mcu end alot quicker if he was reacting that fast. but i do see your point.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme said:

@those_eyes said:

@arthurkerr said:

That would make him too op for mcu. him looking at bullets in slow mo would have made all his previous battles in the mcu end alot quicker if he was reacting that fast. but i do see your point.

I imagine in the MCU it enhances his reaction speed but not too the same degree, I was talking about the comic books where he can see faster than bullets, sorry I didn't make that clear.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme: in the comics, he doesn't see faster than bullets he says he just sees faster than sharon can

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@youmessinwithme: in the comics, he doesn't see faster than bullets he says he just sees faster than sharon can

He "see's Faster" and that allows him to dodge bullets, if He couldn't actually see the bullets seeign faster is totally meaningless but take it however you want.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme: Okay, but you said he sees "faster than bullets." but he never said he saw faster than the bullet, the bullet doesn't have eyes lol.