Marvel Teases Event Launches New Book Logan Gets New Costume

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This kind of strengthens my theories that Wanda and Piertro will be Inhumans and not mutants in Avengers 2.

No Caption Provided

Starting this December, Marvel Comics may be giving its universe an Inhuman upgrade. According to EW.com, the Inhumans are back in a big way following the events ofJonathan Hickman's upcoming "Infinity" event in a December-launching storyline called "Inhumanity," when the Terrigen Mists are released throughout the world and activate dormant Inhuman cells. At the core of the story is a new ongoing "Inhuman" series by "Hawkeye" scribe Matt Fraction.

"Our focus characters are drawn into the palace intrigue of this shattered Inhumans Royal family. It becomes a superhero story and a mythical story, all revolving around turning the world into a world full of superheroes." Fraction told EW. "It’s giving us a chance to get back to a classic Marvel metaphor of alienation,” he explains. “We’re telling science-fiction stories, but really it’s about race, gender, sexual equality. It’s a very relevant, pertinent metaphor."

As the Terrigen Mists sweep across the globe during "Inhumanity," the core Inhuman population will grow and split into factions in a "Game of Thrones"-like exploration of the history of the Inhumans. "The ashes of this royal family smolder," Fraction said. "You see who lives, who dies, who’s left, and how they begin to try and rebuild. Once this city falls, all kinds of bigger things start happening."

Fraction Discovers "Inhumanity" For Marvel - Comic Book Resources

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Well, that's not how Terrigen Mists work.

And you can't tell a story about; "race, gender, sexual equality. It’s a very relevant, pertinent metaphor." when you're only including sexy people who all happen to be straight.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

I saw Nightcrawler in the center!

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Im interested.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@fadetoblackbolt: Well Im presuming since Marvel don't have the movie rights to the X-Men there going to sub them for the Inhumans and tell X-Men styles stories with them. Also Nightcrawler is back? Not surprised Yondu is there TBH and is that Peter Parker Spider-Man?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also want to add that Logan's new costume isn't an improvement over his current.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine008

Sweet costume for Wolverine! It looks badass!

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blkson

"It’s giving us a chance to get back to a classic Marvel metaphor of alienation,” he explains. “We’re telling science-fiction stories, but really it’s about race, gender, sexual equality. It’s a very relevant, pertinent metaphor."

Marvel is getting real political all of a sudden (or not sudden?--I don't really read Marvel). X-Men, The Defenders, Mighty Avengers and now this. You're going to have a book about race, gender, and sexual equality written by a cis hetro white male tho?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Is that Nightcrawler I see in the back? And the ordinary Spider-Man costume? Will this Superior rubbish end by December?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Yea, just noticed the Parker Spider Suit as opposed to SpOck's suit. Does that mean SpOck is gonna be gone by December?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

This is just embarrassing.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Strider1992

Spider-man is not Superior? Ok i'm going to call that this whole time thingy AoU caused brings in an alternate version of Parker. Its done it for the X-men and its a way of shutting up the Parker fans!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: That would be a bit of a cop out though if it's just to pacify Parker fans. Slott even said that the Parker ghost only existed for people to get used to Superior.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By fodigg

My first thought on seeing Wolverine's new threads:

No Caption Provided

But then that's probably not the first character that springs to mind for anyone who wasn't a fan of Simone's old Deadpool/Agent Xrun.

So I'm not against the new costume but it doesn't really stand out to me. It doesn't grab me. Comparatively, I love his "future" version with the hood that they introduced in Hickman's Fantastic Four run and recently used in AoU:

No Caption Provided

It's simple, yet it still has the "claws" motif going on. It's a good looking costume. I think the lack of the "stripes" or "claws" motif may be what I don't like about the new one. I mean, you don't need to go crazy with it like the Alex Ross proposed design:

No Caption Provided

—but I feel like it's definitive for Wolverine as much as the mask.

But hey, Wolverine is like Spider-Man, new costumes are a tradition that goes back a long way, and he's had some pretty decent ones along with the stinkers. Time will tell which this one is.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Great. And now I miss Exiles. Or the more recent X-Treme X-Men even.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@lvenger: He just said that Ock was going to stay in Peter's body. He didn't say anything about not bringing in another version of Peter. Yes it would be a cop-out but I can see the whole Peter Vs Peter-Ock thing happening.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Well that's a totally original idea from Slott. Maybe this is what Spider-Men 2 is about :/

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blkson said:

"It’s giving us a chance to get back to a classic Marvel metaphor of alienation,” he explains. “We’re telling science-fiction stories, but really it’s about race, gender, sexual equality. It’s a very relevant, pertinent metaphor."

Marvel is getting real political all of a sudden (or not sudden?--I don't really read Marvel). X-Men, The Defenders, Mighty Avengers and now this. You're going to have a book about race, gender, and sexual equality written by a cis hetro white male tho?

Marvel has always been political but it's usually always X-Men stories talking about racism and personal rights but it seems like Marvel want's to tell them stories with the Inhumans now

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Read my mind:

@fodigg said:

My first thought on seeing Wolverine's new threads:

No Caption Provided
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By TDK_1997

This looks kinda interesting because of the return of Nightcrawler,the new awesome costume of Wolverine and the fact that maybe the SpOck crap will end but it has Fraction in it which is a big minus for me.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger

Wait I skipped over who the writer was because of the poster. Let's see...Oh it's Fraction. Not going anywhere near that then.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Wait I skipped over who the writer was because of the poster. Let's see...Oh it's Fraction. Not going anywhere near that then.

I thought the same thing but the whole idea looks good but it is still Fraction.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wolverine008

Is Matt Fraction a bad writer? I haven't read too many of his works so I wouldn't know.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By fodigg

I just noticed this. I'm embarrassed I noticed that after noting Yondu. Well, yay Nightcrawler!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@lvenger said:

I thought the same thing but the whole idea looks good but it is still Fraction.

Don't you think it just sounds like there just ripping off X-Men themes because they can't use them in the movies and they can use Inhumans?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

I just noticed this. I'm embarrassed I noticed that after noting Yondu. Well, yay Nightcrawler!

About time he came back.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@lvenger said:

Don't you think it just sounds like there just ripping off X-Men themes because they can't use them in the movies and they can use Inhumans?

So you think that they might be trying to boost inhumans to the level of X-Men so they can add to their MU? Sounds like it could work.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#27 god_spawn  Moderator

Is Matt Fraction a bad writer? I haven't read too many of his works so I wouldn't know.

He can be a good writer like his Iron Man was good and his Hawkeye is good. Or he can be a plague upon a franchise, circa his X-Men run.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

@lvenger said:

Well yes,they are ripping off X-Men and that is one of the worst things about this but it is good that they are giving the Inhumans a boost in terms of popularity because they need it.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 god_spawn  Moderator

Well...at least I guess this means he isn't dying.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

He can be a good writer like his Iron Man was good and his Hawkeye is good. Or he can be a plague upon a franchise, circa his X-Men run.

Some are great like Immortal Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Casanova, FF and some are real bad like almost everything else

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

not digging the Wolverine costume....

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yondu is such a weird choice in this roster... they are definitely trying to get him known.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

@wolverine08 said:

Some are great like Immortal Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Casanova, FF and some are real bad like almost everything else

His FF is pretty average.In the beginning it was kinda entertaining me but it just stopped at some point and I dropped the book.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Unless they kill him, bring back Daken and stick him in the Wolverine costume >:-)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I think he sucks but that's just me

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wolverine008
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 god_spawn  Moderator

@god_spawn said:

Unless they kill him, bring back Daken and stick him in the Wolverine costume >:-)

Silly Bane. Daken is a HERSEMAN UV DETH NOW!! dUH! And look!! Three ADERMANTIUM CLAWZ!!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By batmannflash
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Okay, I'm confused. Why would this trengthen the fact that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being Inhumans?

Hopefully, that's the "normal" Nightcrawler, I don't have any problem with the Wolverine costume though I don't see why they would change it now and I'm somewhat glad Marvel is following DC's tradition of taking others characters.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^^^ the reason I said Wanda and Quicksilver will be Inhumans is because they cant use Mutants but they have mentioned using Inhumans in the MCU and now they are launching a book and an event with the exact same themes as the X-Men/Mutants

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two mini series and an event for peter parker.

Wacker is full of s***

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe:

^^^^^ the reason I said Wanda and Quicksilver will be Inhumans is because they cant use Mutants but they have mentioned using Inhumans in the MCU and now they are launching a book and an event with the exact same themes as the X-Men/Mutants

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#49  Edited By Teerack

Wolverine wears a new suit in every event now... why?

I like that Angelita is with the good guys and not some throw away villain... and I like that the surfer is there.

It's about time Blackbolt wasn't left out....

I don't know if it means anything.... but that is NOT Doc Ock's Spider-man suit... it's Peter Parkers :O

Thank god Bucky stopped pretending to be dead to the other supers when all he needs to do is hide from the public like Spider-Man.

And wow... welcome back from the dead Nighcrawler!

Just based off what we learned from this pic.... I like this event a lot.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#50  Edited By TheManInTheShoe