korg (MCU) or aquaman (DCEU) better character

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll korg (MCU) or aquaman (DCEU) better character (42 votes)

korg 57%
aquaman 43%
 • 
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Korg

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aquaman has potential at a great standalone film that really fleshes out his character and shows the range of emotions he has.

Korg is comic relief-- that's it.

I don't know what's more sad; that this thread was made with the idea that it's an actual debate or that they're tied in votes in the polls at the point I've posted this....

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korg.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Aquaman has potential at a great standalone film that really fleshes out his character and shows the range of emotions he has.

I don't know what's more sad; that this thread was made with the idea that it's an actual debate or that they're tied in votes in the polls at the point I've posted this....

This is comicvine, people prefer Marvel over DC, and they HATE DCEU with a passion.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

This is comicvine, people prefer Marvel over DC, and they HATE DCEU with a passion.

Very true. The obvious bias is saddening.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@chimeroid said:
@batman242 said:

Very true. The obvious bias is saddening.

I don't mind people not liking the movies at all. I just find it super weird that they put a lot of energy into hating DCEU and they go really far with their efforts.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman easily. Korg is annoying at best and down right mood-ruining at worst.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korg > Aquaman of course. Hell, he's a funnier and more sensibly developed character than all the mcu heroes combined. Korg is smarter too; when Thanos arrived he knew to leave with his new bae, black valkyrie.

No Caption Provided

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Like Lone_Wolf_and_Cub does? Yes, it's pretty strange. The pettiest and most unnecessary comments and criticism I see for anything is always for the DCEU. It does have it's faults, and more so with it's latest film, but there are many users that wouldn't even give it credit for something as simple as cinematography even if not comparing it to the MCU.

I personally think MoS will be a film that'll be recognized as a great film some years down the road.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Lmfao nah the only thing pathetic here is how butthurt you are over my comment. The fact you have to bring my name up in your comment and not tag me directly shows how pathetic you truly are. Not only that your butthurt over a comment about a fictional character in a fictional universe. Toughen up snowflake and quit crying ?. Now take this “L” Batbaby ?

KyleBroflovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman easily. Only a delusional fanboy or troll would say Korg.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of now neither has that much of a character. But Korg was funnier so him. Don't know why people are trying to act like it's biased to side with a funnier character with little screentime over a less funny character with little screentime.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KyleBroflovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KyleBroflovski
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kylebroflovski: nice alt troll. Can’t wait to reply to me with another account.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MethoKi

@lone_wolf_and_cub:I honestly didn't read your comment, but I bet it has the words 'crybaby' and 'butthurt' along with some emojis.

I'd rather not waste time in an actual discussion with you, because anything that resembles something civil and coherent would be lost on you. In short, don't waste time tagging me, I don't read what you say.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: You obviously do read what I say dope or you wouldn’t be bringing my name up in your comments genius ??. So by all means keep not reading my comments and bringing me up in yours. Ok hun?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

As of now neither has that much of a character. But Korg was funnier so him. Don't know why people are trying to act like it's biased to side with a funnier character with little screentime over a less funny character with little screentime.

Given a few users track record with anything comparing the DCEU in any aspect to the MCU, it's not far fetched to think there would be many biased opinions.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: I haven't read what you said yet again, but I bet it's in relation to me saying I don't read what you say. I'll expand on that just in case I was right....

I'm only referring to the comments you direct to me. I come across your biased opinions a lot, so it's not surprising to see you say that Korg is better (the only comments of yours I've read here).

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Amcu

@batman242: There are biased opinions on virtually everything. But I think its unfair to call out people for being biased when they have reasonable opinions.

For me I operate under the belief that all film is subjective. And any opinion of how good a film or character is, is valid. So it bothers me in general when people call others biased for there opinions on such things. I understand it to an extent if someone has an extremely unreasonable or strange perspective on something. But even than I wouldn't call someone biased because you can't see into their head or determine what they truly believe. How do you know they aren't just a little odd and prefer something/someone that most wouldn't?

Personally I would only call an opinion on a character or movie biased if it shows a clear double standard.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@batman242: There are biased opinions on virtually everything. But I think its unfair to call out people for being biased when they have reasonable opinions.

For me I operate under the belief that all film is subjective. And any opinion of how good a film or character is, is valid. So it bothers me in general when people call others biased for there opinions on such things. I understand it to an extent if someone has an extremely unreasonable or strange perspective on something. But even than I wouldn't call someone biased because you can't see into their head or determine what they truly believe. How do you know they aren't just a little odd and prefer something/someone that most wouldn't?

Personally I would only call an opinion on a character or movie biased if it shows a clear double standard.

Reasonable opinions? I hope you realize the main user I was referring to (in this thread) is far from reasonable. I'm only referring to users like him.

I've heard some reasonable criticism on the DCEU, but to think that most of that criticism is reasonable is quite laughable, honestly.

The main instance of a double standard that I could think of off the top of my head is the destruction. The DCEU was bashed over and over for it's 'unnecessary' destruction, yet you don't get that same criticism for the tens of times the same destruction happened anywhere else; New York in The Avengers, Sokovia in Age of Ultron (not just MCU films, but those are off the top of my head).

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Sarcasm goes right over your head doesn’t it? ??

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed, but we can't judge the character over a movie that's not out yet

And that somehow takes from his character?

@batman242 said:

@chimeroid: Like Lone_Wolf_and_Cub does? Yes, it's pretty strange. The pettiest and most unnecessary comments and criticism I see for anything is always for the DCEU.

IMO Dragon Ball has it even worse, but its true that the DCEU gets bashed far more than it should.

It does have it's faults, and more so with it's latest film, but there are many users that wouldn't even give it credit for something as simple as cinematography even if not comparing it to the MCU.

Yup

I personally think MoS will be a film that'll be recognized as a great film some years down the road.

I was under the impression it was one of the two recognized movies of the DCEU (Its better than WW IMO)

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Indeed, but we can't judge the character over a movie that's not out yet

I know, that's exactly why I said 'potential'

It doesn't. It just limits him to be no more than comic relief. Which I why I said in comparison to Aquaman who can be comic relief and potentially expand on other emotions, which would flesh out the full range of his character. Being more than one thing (and the actor displaying it in a great manner) should surely make a character more interesting than a one-trick-pony character.

I was under the impression it was one of the two recognized movies of the DCEU (Its better than WW IMO)

Of the DCEU, yes, but not recognized as a great movie overall.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kevd4wg

I'm sure after Aquaman, Arthur will be the far superior character, but I didn't think he had much in JL, I would say he's the "better" character, but I think I enjoyed Korg more.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@batman242 said:

@rukelnikovftw: Indeed, but we can't judge the character over a movie that's not out yet

I know, that's exactly why I said 'potential'

Ok

It doesn't. It just limits him to be no more than comic relief. Which I why I said in comparison to Aquaman who can be comic relief and potentially expand on other emotions, which would flesh out the full range of his character. Being more than one thing (and the actor displaying it in a great manner) should surely make a character more interesting than a one-trick-pony character.

Yeah, a one-dimensional character is usually less interesting than one with more depth, but not necesarilly better though.

Of the DCEU, yes, but not recognized as a great movie overall.

Oh, you mean recognized outside of CBMs, right? Hmm, tbh, from CBMs, I only hold V, Watchmen and Scott Pilgrim as really good movies independent of their genre, there are probably a couple more I'm not thinking about rite nao. I'm probably biased, but MCU and DCEU movies have something that prevents me from taking them as more than popcorn flicks. And some are great popcorn flicks! But they are still that.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like Korg more. Though I assume the majority would say Aquaman.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sigh

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw:

Yeah, a one-dimensional character is usually less interesting than one with more depth, but not necesarilly better though.

I agree, but Aquaman's mere presence adds more to the story (though I dislike the film overall) than Korg did. That to me makes him better than Korg.

Oh, you mean recognized outside of CBMs, right? Hmm, tbh, from CBMs, I only hold V, Watchmen and Scott Pilgrim as really good movies independent of their genre, there are probably a couple more I'm not thinking about rite nao. I'm probably biased, but MCU and DCEU movies have something that prevents me from taking them as more than popcorn flicks. And some are great popcorn flicks! But they are still that.

Can't disagree with your picks. Scott Pilgrim is one of my all-time favorite films. Watchmen is one of my favorite CBMs. It's all personal at the end of the day, but I still do feel Man of Steel should be recognized ultimately as the best CBM.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Lmfao nah the only thing pathetic here is how butthurt you are over my comment. The fact you have to bring my name up in your comment and not tag me directly shows how pathetic you truly are. Not only that your butthurt over a comment about a fictional character in a fictional universe. Toughen up snowflake and quit crying ?. Now take this “L” Batbaby ?

Wait a second... This is the vocabulary of captainsalt right here. There must be a connection.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: You’re reaching desperately now. ?? Pretty sure captainsalt isn’t the only person to use that term. But by all means you keep at your mental gymnastics trying to justify how butthurt you are over someone else’s opinion.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

I don't mind opinions, discussed differences in here before your existence was even spotted, but yours can be told without you even commenting. A devotion clearly mirrored by certain users.

When comes a day and you can debate without butthurts, shitemojies and all those things you regularly post and say something substantial on point, we'll talk.

Ah I forgot, you already told what substance is to you before that right?

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Wow we are talking about comic books. You do know they aren’t real right? Stop crying and trying to act all high an mighty about a fictional character. My lord is Aquaman your dad? That would explain a lot actually and it would make sense why you’re so pathetic. But I digress why don’t you invite me over your moms basement and we can hash this out over some ? ok champ?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread was engineered to rustle some Jimmies

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither so far.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By adamTRMM

@lone_wolf_and_cub:

Who said anything about Aquaman. What's mighty. I never realized these discussions are supposed to be challenging lmao damn you're really a waste of database. Goodbye funny thing, it was worthless. Try to not sound like salt's right hand next tho.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Sorry I hurt you’re feelings. Try not mentioning me in your comments and then acting all salty by my opinion. Start none and there’ll be none.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: I remember when you and I use to be pro-naruto in the battle forums. Can't we all just get a schlong? ;)

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: I can’t help that I’m a ball buster. I joke 99% of the time on here. Sarcasm and jokes sometimes don’t translate well over the internet ??

Avatar image for deactivated-5f81cc149daa2
deactivated-5f81cc149daa2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korg was in a better film and funnier, but Aquaman is more developed.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aqauman IMO

Korg is funnier though

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points