Justice League 3000 New Artist Announced & New Release Date

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Times, they are a changin’. It seems in the year 3000 it changes even faster.

Thursday artist Kevin Maguire announced via Twitter that he had been unexpectedly “fired” from Justice League 3000, the upcoming ongoing series reteaming him with former collaborators Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis set in the 31st Century.

And while declining to comment on the reason for the change, DC has revealed exclusively to Newsarama that former JLAartist Howard Porter will be the series’ new artist, and its debut has been bumped from October to December 2013.

Porter was already working with DC and the co-writers creating concept designs for the series.

“The guy who nailed the character designs on the interior of the book? The guy who teamed with Grant Morrison to make JLA a hit? This is what they call a no-brainer,” series co-writer Keith Giffen said in a exclusive statement to Newsarama. “Welcome aboard Howard. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful collaboration.”

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love howard porter hez great with good writers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I really want to spend a day inside DC's editorial department to see how they make decisions......

Anyway Howard is a great artist but because of DC's impotense to find the right artist from the beginning, the book is pushed back and DC's editorial got one more reason to be laughed at.
God, i sound so bitter, but i am fed up with the "behind the scenes mysteries" and writers/artists leaving my favorite heroes due to bad editorial decisions.

Maybe Warner is pushing dc to far, i don't know whose fault is but they sure don't make it better.