• 92 results
KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KidRobin1996

Recently according o a pool I made on Punisher, they say Frank Castle will not make make a good guardian to adopt Dick Grayson in the Marvel Universe.

Then that leaves me with this in mind: if Tony Stark was visiting Haly's Circus the night the Flying Graysons fell without a net and Dick was the only one left, will Stark be a better adopted father to him than Bruce Wayne?

EDIT: for mor information on that Punisher bit please look up "Punisher a good dad why or why not" poll for your votes and opinions. Pretty please?

(Gives you all puppy eyes)

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce isn't an alcoholic

(I don't know if that's still a part of Tony's character)

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. Hmm...I think his lifestyle may not be conducive with have kids. IMHO

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SilverPool

Seeing how Dick turned out, Bruce obviously isn't a bad father figure. Tony however would have prolly become an abusive alcoholic.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@silverpool: You know, aside from having your ''son'' fight criminals by your side.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Dick would've gotten more women than he already has.And Stark wasn't always an alcoholic nor does he put dress teen boys up and send them into a war only from them to be killed.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Thor-Parker

@_mongul: Neither is Stark for the last 20 years.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know I RARELY see Bruce do anything fatherly....He treats them like soldiers more often then not.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: well that's true I don't see actual comic panels in which Bruce hugs Dick or at least return Dick's hugs

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: isn't that common for nearly EVERY Marvel hero to have an Acholic, abusive or dead father?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

• Intelligenge: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Wealth: Bruce Wayne vs. Tony Stark
  • Combat Skills: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Strength: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Speed: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Versatility: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Friends: Batman vs. Iron Man
ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick would've gotten more women than he already has.And Stark wasn't always an alcoholic nor does he put dress teen boys up and send them into a war only from them to be killed.

You make it sound like Batman gives Robin the role simply to die. That is never the intention.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: you're right he did freak out in Forever Evil when Luthor stopped Dick's heart to diffuse the Murder Machine Bomb

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony's a pretty irresponsible dude, not conducive to being a father at all. Although I do think Alfred deserves a lot of the credit for dick turning out so well under Bruce.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@daredevil21134 said:

You make it sound like Batman gives Robin the role simply to die. That is never the intention.

My point is no responsible father would dress a teenage boy in body armor and send him into a war.It's never intentional but someone as wise as Batman should've learned the first time,but he didn't.Damian also died on his watch.I don't call that being a great or good father.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@daredevil21134 said:

My point is no responsible father would dress a teenage boy in body armor and send him into a war.It's never intentional but someone as wise as Batman should've learned the first time,but he didn't.Damian also died on his watch.I don't call that being a great or good father.

I agree, however, Bruce also apparently trusts that Robin can handle himself in the field. Otherwise, he wouldn't offer them the position, and even afterwards it's not like he won't stop someone if he think they can't handle it, like with Stephanie.

Yes, Jason and Damien died, but Tim and Dick didn't. Also, he picked Dick and Jason for a reason. Dick was in danger of becoming just like him and Jason was in danger of becoming a part of the criminal element. Granted, Bruce may not be the best judge of character, but in his mind he did the right thing. Tim chose to be Robin and excelled at it. Damien was already trained to be a killer before Bruce was in the picture so that's not totally his fault.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KidRobin1996

@daredevil21134: well Damian and Jason were raised either by assassins or on the streets so maybe their tendency to get killed off wasn't too surprising

Hell you do make a point though since in nearly all post crisis books and even New 52 Batman didn't want Dick alongside him until he rescued him from an operation gone wrong.

I think Tony Stark might need that help too given his tendency of armor malfunction and JARVIS unable to fix it

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: umm that's stats might be nice to see but this is a forum saying rather Tony Stark deserves Dick Grayson under his name better than Bruce Wayne

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony is bad with kids and he admits it, he would hang out with them and pal around. He is more of a fun uncle.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: you mean like Next Avengers where he raised the children of the Avengers and protecting them from Ultron?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: you mean like Next Avengers where he raised the children of the Avengers and protecting them from Ultron?

Oh i meant in the comics. Nova started talking about finding his dad, and tony panics and gives him crappy advice

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: so I guess the sympathy thing for little kids isn't big on Tony compared to Bruce Wayne huh?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: so I guess the sympathy thing for little kids isn't big on Tony compared to Bruce Wayne huh?

he tried , he just sucks at it lol

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: umm that's stats might be nice to see but this is a forum saying rather Tony Stark deserves Dick Grayson under his name better than Bruce Wayne

I'd trust my kid more with Stark than Wayne.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: then a again I don't think JARVIS has the same grandfatherly like love Alfred can provide

Still did you check out my Punisher good dad poll yet?

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KidRobin1996
Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: by the way did you mean answering the question or checking out that poll I set up?

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidrobin1996:

You're joking right? Iron Man is 1000x better at being a guardian.

Iron Man + Nightwing = Iron Wing = AWESOME.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: any physical prof of times Bruce proved being a bad adopted father for Dick? If so please send them and if you like check out my Punisher good dad poll too.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: any physical prof of times Bruce proved being a bad adopted father for Dick? If so please send them and if you like check out my Punisher good dad poll too.

If you read the comics you wouldn't need proof.

Batman was a tw*t to Nightwing.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@citizensentry: only a two are wrong here one Bruce is a billionaire and Tony is a millionaire and Bruce is more intelligent than Tony

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CitizenSentry

@citizensentry: only a two are wrong here one Bruce is a billionaire and Tony is a millionaire and Bruce is more intelligent than Tony

Cost of being Batman.

No Caption Provided

Cost of being Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: you mean the times Batman slapped/backhanded Dick in Worlds Finest 153, Teen Titans Year One and New 52 Batman 7?

Then again even after what happened those times and both Jason's death plus the end of Knightfall the two reconciled. If anything though Nightwing protects Bludhaven/Leads the Titans he still helped his adopted father in Hush, the Technis Imperative, No Man's Land and Infinite Crisis

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: you mean the times Batman slapped/backhanded Dick in Worlds Finest 153, Teen Titans Year One and New 52 Batman 7?

Then again even after what happened those times and both Jason's death plus the end of Knightfall the two reconciled. If anything though Nightwing protects Bludhaven/Leads the Titans he still helped his adopted father in Hush, the Technis Imperative, No Man's Land and Infinite Crisis

Congratulations you found 3 scenarios of when Batman was a tw*at to Nightwing. Now go find the 100s more.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm-is-life said:

Cost of being Batman.

No Caption Provided

Cost of being Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

if you go to the marvel wiki website he is a stated Millionaire and batman has always been a stated billionaire

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: what at least Dick doesn't have his daddy issues as severe as Jason (Under the Red Hood anyone?)

Besides I thought is anything it's JARVIS and Pepper who keep Tony from being irresponsible

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry said:

@storm-is-life said:

Cost of being Batman.

No Caption Provided

Cost of being Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

if you go to the marvel wiki website he is a stated Millionaire and batman has always been a stated billionaire

Don't use Wiki's they are editable by anyone. I could go there right now and make Iron Man a trillionare.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: what at least Dick doesn't have his daddy issues as severe as Jason (Under the Red Hood anyone?)

Besides I thought is anything it's JARVIS and Pepper who keep Tony from being irresponsible

Why the hell did you bring JARVIS & Pepper into this? O.o

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm-is-life said:

@citizensentry said:

@storm-is-life said:

Cost of being Batman.

No Caption Provided

Cost of being Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

Don't use Wiki's they are editable by anyone. I could go there right now and make Iron Man a trillionare.

then use the marvel and dc official websites

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KidRobin1996

@citizensentry: if you want to throw tomatoes at me you may do so its just I thought since in the movies it was those two who keep Tony company like Alfred does for Bruce.

:-( still sorry

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: if you want to throw tomatoes at me you may do so its just I thought since in the movies it was those two who keep Tony company like Alfred does for Bruce.

:-( still sorry

No need to apologize, I'm just confused on why you brought JARVIS and Pepper into this. Sorry if I intimidated you.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: well I'm no Marvel expert so I though either JARVIS the AI or mainstream Jarvis the butler provide Tony the same sort of company Alfred does for Bruce so it would've been JARVIS (either version) or Pepper who's the one always tagging along Tony during his misadventures with motherly instinct being the ones who help Tony raise Dick Grayson like Alfred helped with Bruce

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By regiebravo

Tony would've put him up for adoption.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@citizensentry said:

• Intelligenge: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Wealth: Bruce Wayne vs. Tony Stark
  • Combat Skills: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Strength: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Speed: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Versatility: Batman vs. Iron Man
  • Friends: Batman vs. Iron Man

what do some of these stats have to do with someone being a better father?

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rather have a drunk dad, than one who dresses me in spandex & makes me fight clowns.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really just want to answer your title question by saying hell no. I mean when you think about it i cannot imagine the amount of illegitimate children Tony has made. He must be paying at least 50 different child support with even more lawyers trying to cover those up. He's a known womanizer with no secret identity so not only did you bang iron man but you now carry his baby with guaranteed monetary compensation.