How fast was CW Barry's "Grenade feat"?(4x02)

• 63 results
NeoGX45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-61e3068763b41
deactivated-61e3068763b41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was waiting for this. just gonna wait on the comic vine mathematicians

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly not that good he struggled to catch all the pieces of the grenade, not as good as his other high end feats.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Thorthunder98

Probably lightspeed

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Honestly not that good he struggled to catch all the pieces of the grenade, not as good as his other high end feats.

He didn't appear to have much trouble with it.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to be made lol. Now I’m just waiting for nightmare to come out with “CW Flash is 100x the speed of light with nuke level durability!”.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not light speed

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry, it isn't even comparable to Quicksilver one.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to be made lol. Now I’m just waiting for nightmare to come out with “CW Flash is 100x the speed of light with nuke level durability!”.

The guy has left the vine

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shrapnels are barely faster than bullets, so not that fast. At best, Mach 5-10. A good feat, but he several other better feats.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@uugieboogie said:

The guy has left the vine

Pretty sure he has an alt running about

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

The shrapnels are barely faster than bullets, so not that fast. At best, Mach 5-10. A good feat, but he several other better feats.

In the past Barry could catch a handful of bullets. Like, maybe three bullets. Now he's caught literally dozens of equivalent projectiles. I think this signifies a big boost.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

In the past Barry could catch a handful of bullets. Like, maybe three bullets. Now he's caught literally dozens of equivalent projectiles. I think this signifies a big boost.

It does. He's clearly faster than he was before, but he has a few much better feats if we forget about his specified speed.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@the_hajduk said:
@rbt said:

It does. He's clearly faster than he was before, but he has a few much better feats if we forget about his specified speed.

I noticed that in the fight with the Dominators, the camera shows Diggle firing a bullet that moves maybe an inch, while Barry runs around maybe 10 meters planting devices on several aliens. That's a serious high-end feat, probably massively hypersonic.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000

Why didn't they just leave the room?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed that in the fight with the Dominators, the camera shows Diggle firing a bullet that moves maybe an inch, while Barry runs around maybe 10 meters planting devices on several aliens. That's a serious high-end feat, probably massively hypersonic.

Same crossover where Barry and super girl ran around the world putting devices on dominators....

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RBT

@jashro44 said:

Same crossover where Barry and super girl ran around the world putting devices on dominators....

Exactly. Barry has massively hypersonic feats. But his last confirmed speed is Mach 3.3.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Hajduk

@buttersdaman000 said:

There was only one door unless you are proposing they jump out the window and Joe use his sonic screech to slow their fall.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

There was only one door unless you are proposing they jump out the window and Joe use his sonic screech to slow their fall.

The little robot slowly creeped in the room, made it's way up to them and dropped the grenade. They had plenty of time to just walk around it. Instead, they backed up :/

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@jashro44 said:

Exactly. Barry has massively hypersonic feats. But his last confirmed speed is Mach 3.3.

Taking the low end, Zoom was three times faster than Barry making him mach 9.9. The tachyons made Barry four times faster and also faster than Zoom, so mach 13.2. Then Zoom stole Barry's speed making him mach 23.1. And then Barry emerged from the speed force strong enough to completely curbstomp Zoom. Yet he only caught glimpses of Savitar, Savitar was just an abstract streak to the Barry who wildly surpassed Zoom, so let's say Savitar was only twice as fast as Zoom, or mach 46.2. After emerging from the speed force again, Caitlin stated Barry is faster than anyone else ever.

If his official number is at least mach 50, I'll be satisfied.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

The little robot slowly creeped in the room, made it's way up to them and dropped the grenade. They had plenty of time to just walk around it. Instead, they backed up :/

They weren't expecting that. They don't have superhuman reaction time.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Anything after Mach 3.3 is fancal. A very accurate fancal based on show statements, but a fancalc nonetheless. I don't think the writers even remember the whole Zoom being at least 3 times faster than Barry thing.

I'll be surprised if his official number is anywhere around Mach 50. I am expecting something like Mach 10, tbh.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Hajduk

@rbt said:

@the_hajduk: Anything after Mach 3.3 is fancal. A very accurate fancal based on show statements, but a fancalc nonetheless. I don't think the writers even remember the whole Zoom being at least 3 times faster than Barry thing.

I'll be surprised if his official number is anywhere around Mach 50. I am expecting something like Mach 10, tbh.

If they don't give us a number at all, how fast is Barry based off feats? People are wanking the grenade feat, but I'm more interested in the pancake feat...... you know, when Barry threw a pancake into the air and ran all the way across town and back before it could complete one rotation.

I also calculated Ra's teleporting feat against Thea and he moved that whole distance in 0.2 seconds. Just something interesting for your vault.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slower than Quicksilver

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@the_hajduk said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

You don't need superhuman reaction time to walk out a room in 5 seconds.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk:

If they don't give us a number at all, how fast is Barry based off feats? People are wanking the grenade feat, but I'm more interested in the pancake feat...... you know, when Barry threw a pancake into the air and ran all the way across town and back before it could complete one rotation.

Assuming he threw the pancake about 2m high, Barry did all the arrangement, a trip to and back from jitters in about 1sec. Hard to calculate since we don't know the distance, but safe to say its a better feat than the grenade feat.

I also calculated Ra's teleporting feat against Thea and he moved that whole distance in 0.2 seconds. Just something interesting for your vault.

How far do you reckon he moved? I am really bad at guessing distance.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely dismantling a car while it is driving is a way better feat.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

@kingyang: So is going to go get coffee and coming back before a pancake fell 1 foot.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taking the low end, Zoom was three times faster than Barry making him mach 9.9. The tachyons made Barry four times faster and also faster than Zoom, so mach 13.2. Then Zoom stole Barry's speed making him mach 23.1. And then Barry emerged from the speed force strong enough to completely curbstomp Zoom. Yet he only caught glimpses of Savitar, Savitar was just an abstract streak to the Barry who wildly surpassed Zoom, so let's say Savitar was only twice as fast as Zoom, or mach 46.2. After emerging from the speed force again, Caitlin stated Barry is faster than anyone else ever.

Barry mach 4 confirmed.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom was said to be 4x faster actually.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@the_hajduk said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

But the thought didn't even occur to them. They were caught off guard. It's not like the cute little robot slowly entering the room triggered alarm bells and knee jerk reflexes like a loud gunmen firing off shots would.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Hajduk

@rbt said:

@the_hajduk:

Assuming he threw the pancake about 2m high, Barry did all the arrangement, a trip to and back from jitters in about 1sec. Hard to calculate since we don't know the distance, but safe to say its a better feat than the grenade feat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't just return before the pancake reached the floor. He left and returned before the pancake could simply complete one rotation.

How far do you reckon he moved? I am really bad at guessing distance.

The distance was at least 15 feet.

I'd go as high as 30 feet (which is 10 meters). That might sound high but people on Comic Vine generally lowball distances quite a lot when eyeballing. I have some professional experience with measuring and 30 feet is a lot less than you would think. He moved from one side of the room to the other so between 15-30 feet is my best estimate.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk said:

Zoom was said to be 4x faster actually.

The exact line was "Three, maybe four times faster." So I took the low end with three.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't just return before the pancake reached the floor. He left and returned before the pancake could simply complete one rotation.

I rewatched it and you're right. He was back before the pancake fell less than a ft.

The distance was at least 15 feet.

I'd go as high as 30 feet (which is 10 meters). That might sound high but people on Comic Vine generally lowball distances quite a lot when eyeballing. He moved from one side of the room to the other so between 15-30 feet is my best estimate.

Taking mid value, he moved at around 75mph. Not surprising considering it was meant to be a borderline superhuman feat and Oliver himself is rather fast on his feet.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: With zero acceleration time? That's not borderline superhuman, that is Spider-Man levels of speed.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: With zero acceleration time? That's not borderline superhuman, that is Spider-Man levels of speed.

This will not go down well on battle forum.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry is as fast and as slow as the plot demands incalculable

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@the_hajduk said:

This will not go down well on battle forum.

The truth is I'm actually giving Spider-Man a compliment!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Ra's is as fast as the guy that can blitz kingpin at sub machine gun speed.

No Caption Provided

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it begins.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@the_hajduk said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@the_hajduk said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

But the thought didn't even occur to them. They were caught off guard. It's not like the cute little robot slowly entering the room triggered alarm bells and knee jerk reflexes like a loud gunmen firing off shots would.

Lol why are you defending this so hard?? It was just bad writing.

The thought didn't occur to them? Then they're dumb. They were caught off guard? They're dumb. The cute little robot clearly had a grenade which is why they instantly backed up....because they're dumb. If you see a little robot slowly walk into the room with a grenade and your first thought isn't to leave the room, some darwinism needs to take effect.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Obviously faster than Silver Age Superman and Post-Crisis Hunter Zolomon combined.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

He didn't appear to have much trouble with it.

he looked like he barely caught the one hurtling at Joe

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By plotweapon16255

He is mach 69.8.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0uD6xubXbNU

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By slimj87d

The grenade fragments are moving roughly at Mach 1 to 2.

He's obviously moving faster than them but not by that much.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: how are u saying "fragments are moving roughly at Mach 1 to 2"?

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theirs a video on how fast current Barry is