Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By solar_nerd
No Caption Provided

Is the Avengers' future female?

Well, partially. According to Marvel, the Avengers will someday reach a point where half or more of the team is made up of women. That's honestly alright with me and makes sense, since most of the major male characters (BESIDES MOON KNIGHT!) have been used. The female Avengers already a part of the team are as follows:

- Black Widow

- Scarlet Witch

With Captain Marvel and likely Wasp soon to join them. But who else could join them?

Valkyrie

No Caption Provided

This one is pretty obvious to everyone. Valkyrie stood out of Thor: Ragnarok in a major way, and many fans would love to see her join the Avengers. It's possible she could join in Avengers 4, since she's confirmed to have at least been alive before the big snap.

She-Hulk

No Caption Provided

Now, Marvel doesn't have the rights to make a standalone movie for She-Hulk, but like Hulk, they can absolutely factor her into an Avengers movie. She's probably the most major character who hasn't joined the MCU already, so that needs to happen.

Monica Rambeau

No Caption Provided

Rambeau may or may not already have been cast in the Captain Marvel movie, but it seems likely she has. If so, she should totally join the Avengers in Phase 4 or 5, as she'd have the powerful, cosmic dynamic that'd place her there.

Pepper Potts

No Caption Provided

There's already rumors she'll suit up as Rescue for Avengers 4, and assuming she doesn't die, she could have a legitimate future as an Avengers, perhaps even replacing her husband, seeing as the odds of him making it out alive are slim.

Mockingbird

No Caption Provided

Despite a planned and then canceled spin-off series, Mockingbird has disappeared from Agents of SHIELD completely. It's possible that she could be the first MCU character to make the jump from TV to the big screen, and that would be downright awesome!

Spider-Woman

No Caption Provided

Potential plot leaks have pointed to Jessica Drew's inclusion in Spider-Man: Far From Home, but those leaks are likely not real. Either way, Spider-Woman would be a great idea, especially if Marvel wants more spider-heroes in the MCU.

Quake

No Caption Provided

Chloe Bennet's Daisy Johnson has been a fan-favorite since Season One of Agents of SHIELD, but most Marvel fans don't know that in the comics, she was (briefly) an Avenger. She'd bring a whole lot of power to an already-powerful team and is one of the few TV characters I see jumping into the movies.

Invisible Woman

No Caption Provided

With the Fantastic Four rights soon to be in Marvel's hands, Sue Storm would fit great on the Avengers, as she's been an Avenger more times than any other member of Marvel's First Family.

Sersi

No Caption Provided

With Marvel developing an "Eternals" movie, adding Sersi would be awesome. Her ability to terraform matter on a molecular level would be invaluable for the team.

Crystal

No Caption Provided

The Inhumans series was awful, but if there's any character that deserves a second chance, it's Crystal. She's FAR too powerful for Marvel to just up and abandon, and her ability to control the four elements is too awesome to not see again.

Sharon Carter

No Caption Provided

Many fans have a crush on Peggy Carter's granddaughter, and it would actually be interesting to see her again. Maybe she could be the group's SHIELD lliason or wind up as the leader of an MCU version of the "Secret Avengers".

Tigra

No Caption Provided

Tigra is a character who male fans (like myself) drool over, but she's a legitimate Avenger who could be valuable for the team.

Firestar

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure if she's owned by Fox or Marvel, seeing as she's technically a mutant. But still, she could wind up at least as a Young Avenger.

Jocasta

No Caption Provided

Jocasta is basically a female Vision, because, like Vision, she was made by Ultron, and was given brain powers based off of an Avenger. If Marvel wants to bring back Ultron, she'd be a near-guarantee to appear.

Hawkeye

No Caption Provided

Now, it seems unlikely Marvel will kill of Hawkeye in Avengers 4, since they're developing a possible spinoff for him. However, that spinoff could focus on his protege Kate, and she could replace him or accompany him (since he's probably gonna be Ronin now) on the Avengers.

Cassie Lang

No Caption Provided

An older Cassie is confirmed for Avengers 4, which could lead to a Young Avengers movie in the future, with her as Stature.

Ms. Marvel

No Caption Provided

Like the Eternals and Moon Knight, Marvel reportedly "has plans" to include Kamala Khan, which means they probably shouldn't abandon the Inhumans just yet. She'd be great for "representation" and all that.

So, are these ladies good ideas? Which character would you most (or least) like to see? Comment!

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't mind more females, don't care who's added, just for God's sake keep them at the power level they are in the comics.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Wasp??? C'mon.

Anyways, gonna give a big no to Valkyrie, considering she is not the actual Brunhilde Valkyrie identity from the comics and just a diversity hire.

I imagine we will see Rambeau and She Hulk eventually turn up.

I feel like Carter or Mockingbird would just feel like Black Widow stand ins after Johanssen leaves.

Spider Woman wouldn't really offer anything unique.

Sersi and Crystal weren't Avengers for very long in the comics, and I have trouble believing Marvel will not just try to forget the Inhumans existed at this point.

Kate Bishop will likely show up in the Young Avengers film that was teased.

I would mainly look forward to Wasp, She Hulk and Photon, I'd like to see Phyla Vell as well but she is more linked to the Guardians.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Keep your fingers crossed Phyla winds up in GotG vol. 3.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

More important question; will there officially be a group entitled the 'Avengers' anymore?

I feel like Mockingbird is the most sensible TV character to join the big screen, since she's an Avenger and Hawkeye's lady in the comics, and Palicki has already spoken out about how she'd like to to fight alongside the Black Widow. But it's probably not gonna happen. Quake sure as hell isn't coming, the Valkyrie probably doesn't care, She-Hulk and Hawkeye don't fit in the MCU. Not sure about the others, but 13 sounds like a decent choice, though I'd prefer her to grow solo.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She-Hulk and Hawkeye don't fit in the MCU.

How??

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anthp2000  Moderator
gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gamiz7

@anthp2000: they kind find ways to include them, crazier things have happened

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anthp2000  Moderator

@gamiz7 said:

@anthp2000: they kind find ways to include them, crazier things have happened

They sure can, I'm just not confident I'll like it lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just... don't.

Great explanation.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do hope we see Valkyrie again. I want to know what happened to her after Thanos attacked the Asgardian ship.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anthp2000  Moderator

@cattlebattle:

Fine. I don't think they can find a good way to introduce them, let alone give them stories or relate them to the Avengers.

Glavene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No love for Ava? Come on, White Tiger would be great.

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm fine with it. Hopefully there will be no white straight male lead at this point at all. Well maybe the few ones that are goofy and know their place.

DevisedDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should bring She-Hulk in, she deserves to be with the Avengers. I think they could make it work. Mockingbird and Quake would be cool. Sue Storm is also a good choice, I'm waiting for them to bring her in with the rest of the Fantastic Four.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can see Monica being introduced and her joining the Avengers.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Dude, I mentioned that Wasp is gonna join likely.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glavene: Yeah, in a YOUNG AVENGERS movie.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Jane Foster to replace Thor??

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: I don't see Thor dying, but maybe they could give Jane Foster her own hammer and make her become the MCU's version of Thunderstrike.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_nerd: He doesn't need to die, Thor will probably have a diminish role post Phase 3 due to being King of Asgard and The Avengers roster being retooled.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: Yeah. But I see Valkyrie as his replacement.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Penguin-Dust

She-Hulk would be a good choice since I am not sure how many of the original Avengers will be left after A4. There are rumors that there are two more chapters for the Hulk in other people's movies, though so who's to say? Either way, Shulkie is a good add. I think the tech can handle a fully CG character now, too. I, too would love for Kate Bishop to join as a replacement for Hawkeye, but still keeping the Hawkeye name. 16-year old actor Emma Fuhrmann has been cast to play teenage Cassie Lang in A4, so you never know where they'll take the character after that movie, too. The Wasp seems obvious since she was a founding member of comic Avengers.

No to Sue Storm Richards, though. They need to do a good MCU Fantastic Four movie before shifting the Fox properties into the Avengers. Same goes for any X-Men with the exception of Dazzler because Fox hasn't done much of anything with her and I doubt that her rumored appearance in Dark Phoenix will be memorable. I believe she and Firestar could best shift to the MCU without their X-Men ties. Finally, no TV stars. Feige ain't interested in casting TV people in the cinematic MCU. Right or wrong, it's true.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I could see Monica and Jessica Drew joining the Avengers.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_nerd: i'd like to see everyone in your list except tigra and firestar because i just dont care about them and jacosta because as if they would allow anyone to build another A.I. after ultron. cassie because i really dont care about street level garbage like ant-man, and maybe kamala because she literally hasnt got a rogue gallery, a personal enemy or a story to build her up so basically no content for a movie.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Wasp??? C'mon.

Anyways, gonna give a big no to Valkyrie, considering she is not the actual Brunhilde Valkyrie identity from the comics and just a diversity hire.

I imagine we will see Rambeau and She Hulk eventually turn up.

I feel like Carter or Mockingbird would just feel like Black Widow stand ins after Johanssen leaves.

Spider Woman wouldn't really offer anything unique.

Sersi and Crystal weren't Avengers for very long in the comics, and I have trouble believing Marvel will not just try to forget the Inhumans existed at this point.

Kate Bishop will likely show up in the Young Avengers film that was teased.

I would mainly look forward to Wasp, She Hulk and Photon, I'd like to see Phyla Vell as well but she is more linked to the Guardians.

i'd love to see phyla and genis as well but pls im hoping they dont make her a substitute for Quasar. i'd be pissed

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glavene said:

No love for Ava? Come on, White Tiger would be great.

No Caption Provided

meh after black panther it would just feel like they want a female version of black panther and nothing else.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mrmonster: yeah well rumors are shown that Valkyrie is still alive and will appear avengers 4

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: yeah well rumors are shown that Valkyrie is still alive and will appear avengers 4

Good. And hopefully they have a good reason for why she left; hopefully she didn't simply abandon Thor, because that would make her a terrible person.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally don't want she hulk, spider woman, and especially potts suited up. Female Clone characters for what? What do they add? War machine is only an acceptable thing due to him being so prominent in iron man movies. And honestly, I don't care for the characters action sequences to much

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar said:

I personally don't want she hulk, spider woman, and especially potts suited up. Female Clone characters for what? What do they add? War machine is only an acceptable thing due to him being so prominent in iron man movies. And honestly, I don't care for the characters action sequences to much

this.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

If they make a squirrel girl movie, I be happy.