New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By New_World_Order

Does Superman always win? Superman VS Silver Surfer

Marvel's toughest, or DC's flagship hero?

Superman has been said to be the strongest superhero in all comics. But is that true? Can the Man Of Steel be taken down? Or is it true The Man Of Steel is without match. I believe there are beings who can take him down, so let's put it to the test, shall we? Find out on these weekly segments who can challenge The Man Of Steel.

As you can see, this weeks matchup, and very first segment is between Superman, and the Silver Surfer. This battle will take place on neutral ground, and be a random encounter, so no intended advantages here! No prep will be included, and they will have standard equipment. Not that you would see Silver Surfer throwing Surf board shaped disks, or Superman shooting an AK 47, lol. I will be using Pre-Flashpoint, and New 52 Superman feats, and past, and current Silver Surfer feats to make things even. Enough of the information now. It's time to get down with this battle !

I will split this into categories, and than have a verdict at the end. Categories will be speed, strength, durability, intelligence, ect.

Strength

As we all may know Superman, and Silver Surfer are both incredibly strong. Both in the 100+ ton range, but it is quite obvious who is superior by quite a margin. Superman. His main power is super strength after all, and that's what he mainly relies on. While Surfer is not so much. Superman has done things from moving 1/3 of the planet to holding the actual weight of the entire planet. That is crazy strength indeed. We have even seen the guy hold min black holes in the palm of his hand, and destroy moons with his punches. Silver Surfer is no slouch in the physical department though. Surfer has done things like over power Hulk physically for a limited time, and one-shot the Super Skrull something no one has done. If stuff start going bad physically, Surfer can always drain energy sources to increase his physical strength, and power overall. But on regular levels Surfer is beaten physically by Superman by a large margin.

Yes. Yes you are Superman.

Durability

Both of these beings are extremely durable to the point that both of them have tanked planets blowing up in there faces, and chill in the sun without any harm. To be honest, even though there both really durable to physical damage, and energy damage. I would go as far as to say that Superman is more durable to Physical damage, and Surfer for the energy side. It's not going to really change anything in this battle, but I thought it should be said. But since Superman uses physical strength in basically every single encounter that may cause some trouble for Superman. Although Surfer has stood in one spot, and had Hulk punch him repeatedly without much harm, so again this is close. But in the end I would say the Silver Surfer is more durable than Superman due to the fact that he only gets hurt from high level of power, and is not really seen hurt as much as Superman is, even though Surfer arguably has more powerful enemies than Superman.

Speed

This one is close too. Surfer uses hyper speed in space as every other Marvel character does. Marvel has rectoned it to be this way, so it is plausible that DC characters do the same. Superman has sped around the planet taking down misses while Surfer has checked every being on the planets face before Doctor Strange could finish his speed. I would say this one is to close to call, because Superman has moved so fast that he can vibrate through beings, attacks, and objects. So i'm leaving this one at a tie. But when it comes to reaction speed, Superman takes it. Superman has shown nanosecond reaction speed, and has moved so fast he dodge, and vibrated through Doomsdays attacks, while Surfer has not shown something on that level.

Energy Projection

This one is a obvious win just like in the strength category. Superman's main use is physical strength, while Surfer's is energy projection. Yes Superman has heat vision as hot as the sun, and can make it big enough to cover the entire planet, but Surfer has destroy planets with his, amped his physical strength to levels that it made him capable of thrashing Beta Ray Bill ( A being who survives planet explosions, and destroys them ), and has drain Hulk back into Bruce Banners. There was a time when Surfer was even stalemating Mephisto with his energy projection, so I say this is a win for Surfer by a large margin.

Surfer have you been working out?

Versatility

Although both of them have many powers, there's some that aren't relevant to a battle. So, i'm going to name one's that are relevant. Superman has powers like heat vision, frost breath, super breath, X ray vision, phasing, healing super hearing, super ventriloquism microscopic vision, draining, and invulnerability. While Surfer has has energy projection, draining, transmution, healing, matter manipulation, phasing, super hearing, cosmic awareness and more. Surfer can shield also, and has been shown to scatter beings atoms into the air. I would go as far as to say Surfer has Superman beat here by quite a margin too.

Intelligence

They are both intelligent beings, but I think Clark is the superior being. Superman recently has used his super speed, plus his large brain capacity to read all the hospital books to do a procedure on a women he only could do. He did this all in a couple of minutes, while it takes humans years to this. Surfer is no slouch though, he has found out weaknesses in his enemies without using his cosmic awareness on them.

Reading makes you intelligent.

Verdict

In the end I would say Silver Surfer takes this 8+/10 times, If the Silver Surfer stays away from close combat with Superman. If he gets close there is a big chance Superman will beat him down without too much trouble seeing how Surfer cannot hang with that level of strength, and his durability won't hold up for the entire fight. Surfer can mess with his molecules also, or simply barrage him with energy beams too. His durability will take Superman's worse too for a while. Also If Surfer wants to he can just drain Superman's yellow sun energy, put a red sun over him. He will find these out thanks to his Cosmic Awareness. So the first segment of "Does Superman always win" is over, and the winner is Surfer. Stay tuned in for next week, I hope you enjoyed this.

If he does survive, and manages to beat Surfer he would come out looking like this.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Clark_EL

Very nice

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueMarvel

Agreed.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Very good. I agree

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ThunderGodsWrath: Thanks and great job.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By GunGunW

I'm confused.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By New_World_Order

@k4tzm4n said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: Thanks and great job.

No problem, and thanks.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By infonation

@ThunderGodsWrath: I may be biased because of my being more of a MARVEL fan, but even if I wasn't I'd probably still give this to the Silver Surfer, you don't mess with the power cosmic, the power cosmic messes with YOU.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By New_World_Order

@infonation said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: I may be biased because of my being more of a MARVEL fan, but even if I wasn't I'd probably still give this to the Silver Surfer, you don't mess with the power cosmic, the power cosmic messes with YOU.

Haha verily.

shieldzeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shieldzeal

Well done my friend

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By New_World_Order

@shieldzeal: @WaveMotionCannon: @Clark_EL: @TrueMarvel: Thanks !

@GunGunW said:

I'm confused.

Why?

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrueMarvel

@GunGunW: Silver surfer absorbs all energy. He can drain superman of all of his solar energy/radiation. basically one of the only beings that can outright kill superman. Silver would do to superman what he already does to hulk(when he drains his gamma radiation).

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueMarvel

I want you to do Thor next..........................

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By New_World_Order

@TrueMarvel said:

Lol, your the second person to say that. I was thinking Sentry.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueMarvel

@ThunderGodsWrath: actully thats pretty cool as well

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By New_World_Order

@TrueMarvel said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: actully thats pretty cool as well

Lol yeah.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Clark_EL

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@TrueMarvel said:

Was I the first?

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By New_World_Order

@Clark_EL said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@TrueMarvel said:

Was I the first?

Yeah, lol.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Clark_EL

@ThunderGodsWrath:

:D

but seriously you should have Thor next week.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By New_World_Order

@Clark_EL: Maybe

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GunGunW

@ThunderGodsWrath: Because no one says Superman is unbeatable. He's been beaten many times both in the comics and on the forums, I don't know why you made a blog post about a character who can clearly beat him being able to beat him... Superman loses more than anyone on his tier. The only characters who seem to always win are Martian Manhunter and Silver Surfer... a blog against them seems like it would be more useful

shieldzeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shieldzeal

In fairness, some readers do believe Superman is unbeatable, just like the fanboys think Batman can beat anyone with prep time. Its good to know a character's limits, but I admit, its pretty well understood that Supes could not beat SS without some serious PIS. For those fans who need an unbeatable Superman, they can always console themselves with SA Superman or Superman Prime.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By New_World_Order

@GunGunW said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: Because no one says Superman is unbeatable. He's been beaten many times both in the comics and on the forums, I don't know why you made a blog post about a character who can clearly beat him being able to beat him... Superman loses more than anyone on his tier. The only characters who seem to always win are Martian Manhunter and Silver Surfer... a blog against them seems like it would be more useful

I think your mad, because your favorite superhero lost. Your the only person complaining about it. A lot of people who read comics think Superman is the strongest. Superman also doesn't lose more than anyone on his tier, don't know where you got that. I didn't only choose Superman because he's unbeatable ( he's not, I was just joking ), but because he was DC's main powerhouse. I didn't mean it when I said Superman was unbeatable. That wouldn't make any sense if he just lost to Silver Surfer. But take it as you please, this wasn't suppose to be a problem.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GunGunW

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@GunGunW said:

I think your mad, because your favorite superhero lost. Your the only person complaining about it. A lot of people who read comics think Superman is the strongest. Superman also doesn't lose more than anyone on his tier, don't know where you got that. I didn't only choose Superman because he's unbeatable ( he's not, I was just joking ), but because he was DC's main powerhouse. I didn't mean it when I said Superman was unbeatable. That wouldn't make any sense if he just lost to Silver Surfer. But take it as you please, this wasn't suppose to be a problem.

I just don't think there was a point to this. Silver Surfer beating Superman is just common knowledge... why didn't you do something that hasn't been beaten to death already? Give it time, more people might complain. It hasn't been around long.

Also, not really so much I hate Superman losing as much as I hate Silver Surfer in general. I can accept how powerful he is but I still hate him more than any other hero in Marvel.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By New_World_Order

@GunGunW: Well, that's your opinion. If you read it you would see that I said if Silver Surfer brawls with Superman he would lose. I think Superman could beat Surfer sometimes.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#26  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@TrueMarvel said:

Agreed.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GunGunW

@ThunderGodsWrath: I'm just saying I think it would be cooler to have one that wasn't beaten to death already. I'm not saying you did a bad job with what you did, you didn't. Not at all. I just think if you did a less done match up it would have been more interesting. Especially because you obviously know what you're doing.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By New_World_Order

@GunGunW said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: I'm just saying I think it would be cooler to have one that wasn't beaten to death already. I'm not saying you did a bad job with what you did, you didn't. Not at all. I just think if you did a less done match up it would have been more interesting. Especially because you obviously know what you're doing.

Okay, I just wanted this week to be a cool fight. Superman will win some, and lose some. Next week is going to be Sentry maybe anyways.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ThunderGodsWrath: this was really good job due and I agree with the outcome as well

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By New_World_Order

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: Thanks !

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Nice.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@TrueMarvel said:

That's what she said. xD

Yea, yea, I know that's lame, but let me have some fun. xD

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By New_World_Order

@JimTheSurfer said:

@TrueMarvel said:

That's what she said. xD

I'm thinking Sentry.

Avatar image for spidermanandsuperman
spidermanandsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silver age superman would beat silver surfer

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By New_World_Order

@spidermanandsuperman said:

silver age superman would beat silver surfer

This is not Silver Age Superman.

Avatar image for spidermanandsuperman
spidermanandsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ThunderGodsWrath: I know bro

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By New_World_Order

@spidermanandsuperman: Okay

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh..I don't know..a celestial being s a mortal one? A very powerful mortal being, but mortal nevertheless. I agree with GunGunW. I know Superman fanboys, at times I am one, but none of them think he can beat everyone. Even in DC folks like The Spectre and Parrallax could smash Superman with no problem, and everyone knows it. We all know he lost to Doomsday. He once lost a fight to WW. He admitted he has doubts if the could take on MM. By the way, I don't think any Superman fan is "angry" because his hero lost. It'd be pretty sad if someone actually got their identity from whether or not some fictional character can always win in fights vs other fictional characters. Sadly, on the Battle forums, you see it all the time.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@JimTheSurfer said:

@TrueMarvel said:

That's what she said. xD

thats what she said

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@AllStarSuperman said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@TrueMarvel said:

That's what she said. xD

thats what she said

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#41  Edited By SC  Moderator

Great break down and I enjoyed. I am a bigger Surfer fan than Superman, in fact out of all comic book characters Superman is one of the few that I can honestly say I don't really like. Well I like him, but if I were to rank my favorites he would come in at about 3000. I think he is often underrated against the Silver Surfer though, or maybe as far as CV Silver Surfer being overestimated. Surfer was never originally intended to be super strong, or even really that physically strong. For all the times he has no sold, he has also been hit and reacted strongly. Thing has knocked him down before. That but also he can fly through stars effortlessly so, well, both characters durability basically depend on plot. Though Superman with 10 times as many appearances needs to be hurt more. So I don't feel Surfer has any advantage here. That and molecular manipulation affects things differently. Superman is resistant to it, as should many characters of that - its sort of like asserting that Superman can burn bread with his heat vision and so burn Surfer the same way. Oh and if Thor can dent Surfers head with a headbutt, I can't see why Superman can't, so I can't see Surfer being able to take that advantage either. I do ultimately agree that as far as fictional characters go, if Surfer keeps his distance such a confrontation should be his to lose. Its just a matter of giving more hits than taking hits, but... Surfer also tends not to be so evasive and probably prefers getting better aim and accuracy by attacking more directly. He is no turtle. Hence I can only see him getting a very vague ambiguous majority that would be more an estimate in like... 400 to 700 out of 1000 lol and something that can actually be neutralized by real world factors like popularity and plot and how you measure and weight characters pasts and consistency.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#42  Edited By Queso6p4

@ThunderGodsWrath: Agreed and great job.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By New_World_Order

@Queso6p4 said:

Thanks

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By New_World_Order

@SC: Thanks

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Coolz

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@ThunderGodsWrath: Great Job..

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By New_World_Order

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: Great Job..

Thanks

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By New_World_Order

Bump.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HushoftheWind

Surfer beats everybody....EVERYBODY.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#50  Edited By Queso6p4

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Queso6p4 said:

Thanks

You're welcome. :-)