Comic Vine Votes! - Best of the Month (JUNE 2013) ***RESULTS***

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Welcome to the results of: Comic Vine Votes! - Best of the Month (JUNE 2013)

We had 12 voters including:

1. Battle_Forum_Junkie
  2. broo1232
  3. Cap10nate
  4. DonFelipe
  5. EnigmaLantern
  6. guttridgeb
  7. JairamGanpat
  8. johnkmccubbin91
  9. MadeinBangladesh
  10. scouts1998
  11. The Poet
  12. V_Scarlotte_Rose

Now, let’s get down to business, shall we?

Best Writing

No Caption Provided
  1. Batman/Superman #1
  2. Superman Unchained #1
  3. Batwoman #21
  4. Batman #21 / Hawkeye #11 / Justice League #21 (TIE)

Best Interior Art

No Caption Provided
  1. Superman Unchained #1
  2. Batman/Superman #1
  3. Hawkeye #11
  4. Batwoman #21
  5. Thor God of Thunder #9 / X-men #2 (TIE)

Best Cover Art

No Caption Provided
  1. Swamp Thing #21
  2. Batwoman #21
  3. Batman/Superman #1
  4. Superman Unchained #1
  5. Daredevil End of Days #8 / Nova #5 (TIE)

Best Marvel Comics

No Caption Provided
  1. Hawkeye #11
  2. Indestructible Hulk #9
  3. Nova #5
  4. Thor God of Thunder #9
  5. Daredevil End of Days #8

Best DC Comics

No Caption Provided
  1. Batman/Superman #1
  2. Superman Unchained #1
  3. Batman #21
  4. Justice League #21 / Swamp Thing #21 (TIE)

Best Indie Comic

No Caption Provided
  1. Jupiter's Legacy #2
  2. The Wake #2
  3. X-O Manowar #14
  4. Astro City #1
  5. Harbinger Wars #3 / Lazarus #1 / Mara #5 / Shadowman #7 / Steed and Mrs. Peel #9 / X #2 (TIE)

Most Underrated Comic of the Month

No Caption Provided
  1. Clone #8
  2. Nova #5
  3. Animal Man #21
  4. Mara #5
  5. Avengers Assemble #16 / Daredevil end of days #8 / Gambit #14 / Lazarus #1 / Nightwing #21 / The Massive / Venom #36 / Winter Soldier #19 (TIE)

Comic Vine's Male Hero of the Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Superman - Batman/Superman #1
  2. Superman - Superman Unchained #1
  3. Batman - Batman #21
  4. Shazam - Justice League #21
  5. Sam Alexander - Nova #5

Comic Vine's Female Hero of the Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Batwoman - Batwoman #21
  2. Kitty Pryde - X-men
  3. Mara Prince - Mara #5
  4. Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman #21
  5. Barbara Gordon - Batgirl #21 / Black Widow - Secret Avengers #5 / Captain Marvel - Captain Marvel #13 / Mera - Aquaman #21 / Stargirl - JLA #5 / Supergirl - Supergirl #21 (TIE)

Comic Vine's Male Villain of the Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Black Adam - Justice League #21
  2. Killer Croc - Batwoman #21
  3. Gorr - Thor God of Thunder #9
  4. High Evolutionary - Avengers #13 / Leader of Secret Society - Justice League of America #5 / Professor Ivo - JLA #5 / Red Hood - Batman #21 / The Magnitron - Avengers Assemble #16 / Wraith - Superman Unchained #1 (TIE)

Comic Vine's Female Villain of the Month!

I'm sorry there are really no good pictures of this month's villain...
I'm sorry there are really no good pictures of this month's villain...
  1. Eimin - Uncanny Avengers #9
  2. Trickster - Batman / Superman #1
  3. Areka - X-Men #2 / Mystique - All New X-men #13 / Pride - Justice League #21 (TIE)
  4. Kate Bishop - Hawkeye #11
  5. Claire - Batwoman #21 / Electric Ghost - Winter Soldier #19 / Shuana Belzer - Batgirl #21 / The Ventriloquist - Batgirl #21

Comic Vine’s Wild Card: Best Beginning (of an issue) of the Month

No Caption Provided
  1. Superman Unchained #1
  2. Batman Superman #1
  3. Batman #21
  4. Batwoman #21 / Hawkeye #11 (TIE)

If you have a suggestion for next month's wild card category, post it below.

Comic Vine's Best Comic of The Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Batman/Superman #1 with 44 points (and two 1st place wins)
  2. Superman Unchained #1 with 34 points (and two 1st place wins)
  3. Hawkeye #11 with 29 points (with one 1st place win)
  4. Batwoman #21 with 25 points
  5. Nova #5 with 20 points
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@the_poet:

This is awesome! Thanks for the help and thank you for keeping the voting open so long.

Glad to see Batman/Superman won. :)

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Just wanted to note that "Trickster - Batman / Superman #1" would have won 2nd place, but then hewould have had to have a sex change, so that's why we only have 4 this month.

And here I thought the new Trickster was female. Now, you got me confused again, @the_poet!

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Ha. I'm pumped that Kate Bishop made the villains list. It may have been the only thing that I voted for that actually made the list.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The Poet  Moderator

Just wanted to note that "Trickster - Batman / Superman #1" would have won 2nd place, but then hewould have had to have a sex change, so that's why we only have 4 this month.

And here I thought the new Trickster was female. Now, you got me confused again, @the_poet!

whoops and this is where we find out Poet is human. :-)

I was partially remembering our mini chat on the voting thread about how Trickster was a gender that was different from what you had thought when you had read the first issue (and for some reason I thought I got it in my head that the character was not female rather than not male...)

lol I'll fix that :P

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The Poet  Moderator

Ha. I'm pumped that Kate Bishop made the villains list. It may have been the only thing that I voted for that actually made the list.

well, along with Gorr and a few other things you also voted for Swamp thing for Best Cover of the month which as you can see won that catagory (and was your first choice according to my spreadsheet).

Side note: I just notised this:

The Murder Poet?!?!?!? Is this a message ? ha ha...

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

This was Superman's month!!! Batman needs to take a break from winning all the time! And how did Kate Bishop get in Villain of the month? LOL

munkieKONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Surprised Nova made any lists - I'm following it, but it usually gets an epic lashing on the forums.

Also, glad that sweet Swamp Thing cover made it.

And finally...... Do I really need to follow Batman/Superman? I currently get Action Comics, Supes Unchained, Batman, Detective, etc etc..... I was trying to hold off on yet another comic w/ those two, but if it's actually really good..............

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: thanks for the update. I completely forgot I voted for those.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This was Superman's month!!! Batman needs to take a break from winning all the time! And how did Kate Bishop get in Villain of the month? LOL

I think she left Clint or something. I'm not sure...

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The Poet  Moderator

@madeinbangladesh said:

All I got from the comments on that nomination was something about her taking a dog with her when she left...not sure how that qualifies as super-villain standards, but oh well, not my decision...

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

I must say I was a little suprised Superman Unchained didn't win as much as I had expected. But I supose the superman votes were divided by this new Superman/batman series....

Surprised Nova made any lists - I'm following it, but it usually gets an epic lashing on the forums.

Also, glad that sweet Swamp Thing cover made it.

And finally...... Do I really need to follow Batman/Superman? I currently get Action Comics, Supes Unchained, Batman, Detective, etc etc..... I was trying to hold off on yet another comic w/ those two, but if it's actually really good..............

To my knowledge this is the first time Nova has been on this poll's radar (even on nominations). Fascinating.

yeah, it's weird. I heard all this stuff about Superman Unchained, but I had not heard a whisper about this Batman / Superman series. I mean I have seen a number of threads about Unchained doing this or that, but I don't remember seeing threads about this Bats/sups series. Would be fasinated to glance at the interior just to see why it won this month (don't think I would get it, but I might glance at that series...)

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DonFelipe

@the_poet said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

I must say I was a little suprised Superman Unchained didn't win as much as I had expected. But I supose the superman votes were divided by this new Superman/batman series....

@munkiekong said:

Batman/Superman:

I love the art and color very much. Visually this comic is amazing! The story is mediocre at the beginning but picks up the pace towards the end, gets a bit confusing before it ends on a great cliffhanger. Quite an introduction of a brand new villain that's threatening the World's Finest in between worlds - at first I thought somebody had put something in my drink. I can't wait to see how the story continues.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet said:

@battle_forum_junkie said:
@madeinbangladesh said:

All I got from the comments on that nomination was something about her taking a dog with her when she left...not sure how that qualifies as super-villain standards, but oh well, not my decision...

Lets say Fraction's Hawkeye isn't exactly the standard comic about super-heroes and -villains but tells tales of the day-to-day life of a normal person (when he's not working and acting as a super-hero). There are different standards for a normal person than there are for super-heroes. Then, the intelligent (and hot) girl you're hanging around with most of the time leaves you without saying much at all and she's taking the dog with her. She can leave but not leave and take your dog.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet said:

@cap10nate said:

well, along with Gorr and a few other things you also voted for Swamp thing for Best Cover of the month which as you can see won that catagory (and was your first choice according to my spreadsheet).

Side note: I just notised this:

Haha!

What a beautiful cover. Can't believe I ignored it when I thought about my votes for best cover. Even more so because Swamp Thing is one of the few DC titles I'm still following and I did vote for Alec and Capucine (Male/Female Hero). I'm glad this cover finished first nonetheless.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Pretty good result for Batwoman. :)

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points