• 63 results
ThreadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ThreadPool

5 seasons and 108 episodes. Clone Wars got a nice long run. How awesome would it have been if we had gotten that for Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice, and GL? Unfortunately we have next to absolutely no shot for SSM due to Marvel's terrible handling of Spider-Man's licensing in tv and movies.

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

I don't like to see shows end but I didn't enjoy Clone Wars at all.

Moby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Moby

Of course Young Justice won; you can't end with an apperance from Darkseid and not have another season.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Spydey

DC has a HUGE fanbase. Not only that, but look at the time it was released. During the age of sites like Tumblr and so on, the more 'romantic' fans are able to fantasize about more ships and so forth due to the large cast and the fact that soooo much drama takes place. It's a good show, though. Season 1 was superior in my opinion. If Green Lantern didn't revolve around Hal, it would have been better haha. Bring back Spec Spider-man...and remember...more characters means more ships means more fans. xD

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Young Justice carried the day. Figured it would!

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By GREGalicious

I never got the chance to watch Spectacular Spider-man but I loved Wolverine and the X-Men, Young Justice, and Avengers. I still loved the 90s X-Men, Batman, and Superman shows as well as Justice League a bit better though. However, (speaking as an artist) I never too much cared for the animation styles of the newer comic cartoons though. I got a chance to watch the failed 80s pilot, Pryde of the X-Men and thought, this is what superhero cartoons should look like. If networks are just going to just cut the great shows they could at least make sure they are animated to perfection...

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By crazed_h3ro

I am surprised to see Wolverine and the x-Men so high, glad to actually since i voted for it.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MuyJingo

Not surprising YJ did so well coming in at almost half, especially compared to shows like GL, since it's a lot more adult.

If only it had had proportionate coverage on this site.

Still, it lives on in our memories I guess. It will be good to re-watch in a few years, just like re-watching the earlier DCU stuff every now and then.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ssejllenrad

Where's Annoying Orange on that list?!?!?!? I want it to be saved as well!!!!

Wait, you mean it's not getting cancelled? Whoaa!!!! Thank God! Good thing they saved some lame ass anti-intellectual show at the expense of deep storylines by YJ and GL. Whiieeew! Close call for that really deserving spot Annoying Orange! Yes, you really deserve to be aired Annoying Orange!!! You f*cking deserve to be aired goddamn you!!!

What the hell are you thinking CN!?!?!?!?!?! If you wanted to compete with the stupidity of Spongebob you don't need shows like Annoying Orange! You only need to film your goddamn execs and there you go! A show full of stupidity!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MuyJingo

Not surprising YJ did so well coming in at almost half, especially compared to shows like GL, since it's a lot more adult.

If only it had had proportionate coverage on this site. If only liking something to report on it wasn't a prerequisite.

Still, it lives on in our memories I guess. It will be good to rewatch in a few years, just like rewatching the earlier DCU stuff every now and then.

ComicKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By ComicKing7

@Mucklefluga: yes. you will be killed in your sleep

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By sora_thekey

I don't get how Spectacular Spider-Man or Wolverine and the X-Men be beat by Young Justice??

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't aware of this poll when it was open but if I was, I would've voted for Young Justice. But as someone pointed out, that's probably because it's cancellation was so recent, I'm still mourning it. Well that, and that was the one show that I tried to follow the most and it was the only one that featured a wide range of DC characters. However, if these factors weren't so definitive in my decision-making, I'd have a really hard time deciding between YJ, Avengers: EMH, and Wolverine & the X-Men. Spectacular Spider-Man was really good, yet I don't feel it was quite as good as any of the aforementioned three. GL: TAS got quite good near the end, yet paled in comparison to the other four superhero toons on the list. I never really got into SW: TCW, but want to eventually, though I doubt it would hold a candle to the others. And I never watched Transformers Prime and no it does not appeal to me.

However, from what I understand, both Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men weren't canned by network executives, but were victims of Disney's acquisition of Marvel, as they had deals with the WB and Nickelodeon respectively, which Disney wanted to terminate in order to keep their newly acquired property on their own network.

Did anybody else notice that YJ's second season was only twenty episodes instead of a standard twenty-six? After noticing that and reading someone's post somewhere about how the season probably only got finished due to it already being in motion, I began to think- What if the writers had originally intended to do a full twenty-six episode season, where the team fought the forces of Apokalips in the final six episodes? Maybe the intended season really never did get completed. Well, it's something to think about. I am however, bummed by the lack of enthusiasm for a comicbook series continuing where the show left off.