CAPTAIN AMERICA: Is he super human or not?!

• 60 results
69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll CAPTAIN AMERICA: Is he super human or not?! (75 votes)

Super human 68%
Peak human 29%

Lets answer this once and for all. Is Captain America meta or not? In every Cap vs thread this subject is brought up. His battles seem to always turn into this argument which ends up dominating the thread. So is he super or not?

• 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Define the line between peak and superhuman.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is peak human. Cap is on another level.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how people claim he's just peak human, especially in the films. Nobody in reality could kick someone like 30 feet like he does in Winter Soldier.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Neither, he's a porcupine.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By cameron83

I don't know how people claim he's just peak human, especially in the films. Nobody in reality could kick someone like 30 feet like he does in Winter Soldier.

When he was first introduced in comics,he was classified officially as a peak human. However,he still did things that were superhuman (knocking out normal people with a tap to the head,stopping speeding cars with 1 arm,busting down steel doors while being injured from a bullet). Even Black Panther was called "peak human" at the time,but he did things that were clearly superhuman (like dropping charging rhinos and snapping their neck). In modern times,it's more accurately defined as being peak of human potential (and that classification has been used for,what,the past 10-20 years? So it's not exactly new) and generally regarded as enhanced with his insane feats.

But anyway,the only people that still call him peak human in the same sense as Batman are the strawman argument users in Captain America vs Batman/Deathstroke threads. I can't tell if it's from desperation,ignorance,or both.

But his modern feats are far more insane than they originally were,so it's pretty f*cking stupid to still regard him as peak human.

Anyway,don't we already have,like,50 of these threads? And why do people think putting "once and for all" makes this the "be all-end all" to the topic?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Penderor

He is said to weight up to 500 kilograms if I am not mistaken. Thats not peak human but super human. But page below disagree.

http://www.captainamericamovies.com/2013/05/does-captain-america-have-super-powers_19.html

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/batman-and-captain-america-physical-equals-1554425/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone like wolverine is super human.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets do current comics run and movies. everything current. first at least. than lets compare classic cap and facts to get the answer.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Cap surviving being frozen for 70 years qualify as peak human? What about cutting missle turrets off tanks on a regular basis?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

To me he's peak human. Not the one you are thinking though. I believe he's the peak of human evolution. A human that could one day reach his physicals, but not just yet. That being said, I still think you could categorize him as peak human. When people say Cap outranks A or B, they barely know the meaning of the definition as I believe when it comes to peak human, everybody is in the same range of strength, speed, etc.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

bump

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is NOT that far ahead of Bruce. Saying that he's on another level is like saying that he's kryptonian under a yellow sun or an Asgardian.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people think that posting threads that don't prove anything actually proves something.

I'm gonna go make a thread about why Batman is actually superhuman and try to post it as evidence,too.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder said:

Cap is NOT that far ahead of Bruce. Saying that he's on another level is like saying that he's kryptonian under a yellow sun or an Asgardian.

At the same time,it's not like the difference is minuscule and almost unnoticeable. It's like a Deathstroke/Batman difference. You are correct that he's not Spider-man level or in another tier (which I think is what your point was? In which case,I agree),though.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His metabolism is so fast he can't get drunk and he ages incredibly slowly, so I'd say super human.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

Cap should be considered superhuman. Not to a massive degree, but his stats are clearly above peak human.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Someone like wolverine is super human.

He easily is.

@hushofthewind said:

@darthvxder said:

At the same time,it's not like the difference is minuscule and almost unnoticeable. It's like a Deathstroke/Batman difference. You are correct that he's not Spider-man level or in another tier (which I think is what your point was? In which case,I agree),though.

I agree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: cap is easily super human??

Based on which feats??

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cameron83

@jayc1324 said:

Yes. He recently deflected two projectiles from a modified Kree gun after they were fired.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I don't know what a kree gun is. Do the projectiles move any faster than regular bullets??

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Based on which feats??

Oh my god! I literally quoted you to affirm that Wolverine is superhuman and you confuse it for something about Cap? Even though nothing about Cap was stated in the post you are replying to? Jesus Christ!

But to answer your question, yes, Cap is also easily superhuman. Marvel states that peak human is the ability to lift 800 lbs over one's head. Cap has shown to be far in excess of this many times.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I completly forgot about that. Cap is gonna be like 200 years old when he dies. is this peak human or super human?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: lol didn't mean to get you so amped up. I wasn't sure which you meant.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@cameron83: I don't know what a kree gun is. Do the projectiles move any faster than regular bullets??

It would be safe to assume that a gun from a civilization thousands of years more advanced than ours can fire projectiles pretty fast. Although anything would be speculation.

But it's not like he hasn't reacted to bullets after they are fired. He's done it plenty of times. He's even reacted to pure sound attacks and high speed energy attacks,and many times can move at speeds where people with normal eyesight can't even see him. To say that he can react to machine gun fire less than a few feet away wouldn't even touch the surface. While he's not Spider-man level,he is superhuman in stats. Although he doesn't have severe skill showings......

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jedixman said:

Cap should be considered superhuman. Not to a massive degree, but his stats are clearly above peak human.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

My name is Cameron,and I approve this message.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MakkyD

@69ball-z-deep: considering the longest any human has ever lived is around 120 and cap is roughly that age now (he spent 10 years in dimension z as well). Also by his current rate of aging, I'd guess that he should last well beyond 200.

Also it'd be impossible for a human body to rid alcohol as quick as cap, which is is nearly instantly.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BlackWind

@cameron83: I would also like to point out that back in the day when comics were still new that the writers tended to use terms and phrases in which were not actually accurate to the things that were possible in real life.

Not to mention the hyperbole that was present back then.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By slimj87d

Running 60 mph while carrying a teenager in your arms = superhuman.

Running 60+ mph in the snow = superhuman

Running 60 mph is plain just superhuman already.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I would also like to point out that back in the day when comics were still new that the writers tended to use terms and phrases in which were not actually accurate to the things that were possible in real life.

Not to mention the hyperbole that was present back then.

That is true,but in this sense,the terms used to describe the physical condition of comic characters like Captain America and Black Panther was criminally underselling them.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hyperlight

By real life human standards... yes

By comic book standars no...

Since he is in a comic book he would be considered peak human

The things thar could be considered superhuman are the fact that the SSS keeps him peak human so his age and stamina are maintained because of it.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

HE is always billed in films and comics as being peak human. But then he does things no peak human could do. So blame Marvel for this confusion. I mean alot of heroes get stronger/weaker and to be honest it annoys me. Pick what powers they have to which extent and keep it that way.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Comic Cap is peak human, but a peak human in comics is superhuman in real life.

Movie Cap is superhuman, but a superhuman movie character is not even necessarily a peak human comic character.

in the end it doesn't matter what you classify it because the speaks generally will speak for themselves.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well his abilities are described as Peak Human Strength, Peak Human Speed, Peak Human Durability, Peak Human Agility, Peak Human Reflexes, Peak Human Stamina, Peak Human Healing, Peak Human Mental Process, Peak Human Mental Process, Peak Human Longevity. So yeah....Superhuman.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok... so maybe Cap is just "peak human" but his version of "peak human" means something completly different than it does with other comics characters. maybe at the height of human potential( which no man could ever acheive without the sss) a man could be frozen for 70 years, be 10 times stronger than a regular human, not fatigue etc.. so technically Cap is super human but really peak human cuz no one could acheive his level witout the sss.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not entirely sure - he's super soldier though (that much is obvious... duh...)

- TAS

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DC fans is Cap a greater peak human than Batman? Can the phrase "peak human" mean something different in Marvel and DC?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DC fans is Cap a greater peak human than Batman? Can the phrase "peak human" mean something different in Marvel and DC?

What's the point of asking that?

It's like saying "Hey Superman fans,do you think Sentry is stronger?"

But by feats,yes,he is. And yes,the standards can be completely different. Even if he is described as "peak of human potential" or "peak human" or whatever.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/batman-and-captain-america-physical-equals-1554425/

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A low-end superhuman by comic standards.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superhuman?

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is very similar to a thread I saw yesterday....but I will restate what I said there here anyways. The SSS brought Cap to a "peak human state" with some added benefits of improved healing factor, higher metabolism, slow aging and the ability to run really really fast. This to me is already super human at this point, but the writers back in the day coined the phrase peak human to define it.

If he ages slowly and has an ability to heal rapidly, wouldn't be safe to assume he is always getting stronger? When you break down muscles and let them heal they get stronger. He is still human, so this should still apply, and at a much more efficient rate. Even if you want to argue he, at one point was considered "peak human", I think it is fair to say he would have far surpassed that by now. IMO

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

He's enhanced human.